Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with DHL?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:16am

I bought an item from a website recently and they ship with DHL. This is the very first time it's happened so I'm unsure of what to expect, but I'm finding it absolutely horrible. I've never used that particular website either and despite their excellent stuff, I don't think I'll be using them ever again since they ship with this crowd.

Here's what happened -
    The website says they shipped the item on July 31st and gave a tracking number for DHL. Going through the tracking, I can see that my package has entered "processed sorting" on the 12th of August in Germany and no updates since then. There's little or no information as to what "processed sorting" means. I'm assuming my package hasn't been delivered yet, as surely it would say it has reached Ireland on the tracking number or, if I had missed it, surely there would be a docket somewhere to say I had missed delivery?

Has anyone experienced this before?

I have tried emailing DHL about it, but have received no replies. I know there's not much point in contacting the website themselves as it doesn't really have anything to do with them, I don't think? It was meant for a person's birthday present, which is quickly approaching.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Why don't you call DHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd get in touch with the website ASAP. They are the people with whom you have the contract, and they are the people with the contract with DHL. Tell them that you have not yet received your items.

dudara wrote: »
    I'd get in touch with the website ASAP. They are the people with whom you have the contract, and they are the people with the contract with DHL. Tell them that you have not yet received your items.

I'll do that. While I was checking their website FAQ, there was the question "When should my order arrive?" and this was the response -
    Usually, from the day you order, you can expect to be showing off your new hand-crafted purchase in around 5 - 10 business days.

We also offer an express shipping option during the checkout process for some orders. Our shipping partners advertise express delivery in 3 - 7 business days.

It's important to note that in some countries, you may need to allow an additional 4 - 5 days for your local customs, including garments and iPhone/iPod cases to the United Kingdom.

The following countries have reported logistical delays that are outside of Redbubble's control: Canada, The UK, Australia, Italy, Germany.

As some items take longer to print and dry than others, the above delivery estimations are averages only.

I'm assuming that, in this case, they're lumping us in with the UK? I'll email them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It might hang in customs in Germany, call DHL Ireland they can tell you if that is the case and what you can do to get it through.

Goods shipped from the USA to Ireland with DHL can sometimes be routed via the European hub in Cologne and customs there can be slow for non German destinations.

A phone call to DHL should be able to sort that out for you, don't rely on e-mail.

Got in contact with DHL Ireland and they said there's effectively nothing they can do as they can't track it. I did go through their tracking line, perhaps I should try another avenue with them?

Checked through a different option and was told that the package was Global Mail, which means it is sent via the normal postage. It is somewhat annoying, as I purchased another item through a small company, effectively a single person, who managed to get the package delivered to me in less than 5 days and now I'm waiting nearly a month for another one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

stop contacting the mail providers and start contacting the company you bought from, they're in charge of getting your package to you, and realistically the only ones who can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Got in contact with DHL Ireland and they said there's effectively nothing they can do as they can't track it. I did go through their tracking line, perhaps I should try another avenue with them?

Checked through a different option and was told that the package was Global Mail, which means it is sent via the normal postage. It is somewhat annoying, as I purchased another item through a small company, effectively a single person, who managed to get the package delivered to me in less than 5 days and now I'm waiting nearly a month for another one.

DHL Globalmail is bad as it basically hands it over to the local postal service somewhere during the transport and my experience is that it's handed over in Cologne to DHL/Deutsche Post which needs about 8 to 14 days to bring it into Ireland where it's delivered by AnPost. Plus one looses tracking.

I hope it shows up soon, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

From having used them here in work I can tell you DHL suck donkey a$$. They are beyond useless, inept and just crap in general. We ran them out of work after a couple of months because of the shear amount of parcels lost, delivered late or damaged. And this was a delivery contract worth several hundred thousand euro a year. It got to the stage where they stopped answering our calls when we rang looking for lost/late parcels. So we blocked our number, rang again and hey presto immediate answer. It was shortly after this that their contract was torn up.

You are better off contacting the company you purchased off OP and let them re-send another parcel or chase up the missing one with DHL. God help them with option 2.....

I emailed the company I bought the item through, giving as much details as I could and hope they get back to me eventually. It's all so frustrating.

Advertisement