Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of garage door

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Wondering how much it would cost to replace a garage door. I have a double garage with two mismatched doors so would like to replace one. They are just basic up and over doors. Nothing fancy required because they are at the back of the house. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tippman3

I had a new 9ft by 7ft high garage door fitted recently. I got an overhead sectional door, and am very happy with it. Paid €1,000 for supply and fit

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

tippman3 wrote: »
    I had a new 9ft by 7ft high garage door fitted recently. I got an overhead sectional door, and am very happy with it. Paid €1,000 for supply and fit

Just wondering; was it an insulated sectional door you got??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tippman3

nicol wrote: »
    Just wondering; was it an insulated sectional door you got??

yes an insulated door. The insulation sandwiched between the 2 outer layers makes it a stronger door without making it much heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

tippman3, would you mind sending me a pm with details of the company that did the job for you??

Cheers.
    yes an insulated door. The insulation sandwiched between the 2 outer layers makes it a stronger door without making it much heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dunnoreally

Hi tippman can you pm me too please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gtansey44

The bottom strip with the weather seal on the garage roller door at the house was damaged with a trailer reversing into it. It dented the bottom strip but everything else seemed fine. It started to cause an issue with the door when going down it would jam.

I greased the guide rail and widened it but its as if the motor is missing cogs in the gearing. My father persisted in using it, and I want to get it rectified before it completely packs in. The door is now not going up fully (about 14-15" short) manually or using the motor. And when going down using the motor will start to unravel.

The bottom strip needs replacing and I imagine the motor gearing too, also as the house is practically new I would replace the guide rail as its now bent if it wasn't too out of the way in price.

Does anyone know the cost of these parts and as the original door was fitted 4 years ago will I be able to get like for like parts?

Thanks in advance, G.

Advertisement