Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Notts County League Cup Tie 19.45 hrs Sky Sports 1

• 27-08-2013 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of the potential cupset ties of the round , Liverpool host the side that four years ago was the talk of League Two as some deeply dodgy 'investors' claiming access to a major fund flashed some cash and hired Sven Goran Erikson as their sporting director while signing some relatively high profile names. The promised funds never materialised and the club ended up in court due to failing to pay outstanding debts. The club got promoted that season to League One where it has remained, but has laboured under the weight of comparatively huge debts ever since.

Brendan Rodgers indicated that a relatively strong squad will be used as the club look to avoid an Oldham style exit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

8-0 Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Eight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Notts County to take the lead, Liverpool to eventually win 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

3-0 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

2-1 Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

5-0 (Alberto with a brace)

Eight?

Yup, feel a big result is on the cards, maybe 8 is a tad bit unrealistic but I reckon it will be a big win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i think sterling could grab one tonight aswell

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Yup, feel a big result is on the cards, maybe 8 is a tad bit unrealistic but I reckon it will be a big win.

Cause they way/style we have been playing or cause Notts are pants ?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Cause they way/style we have been playing or cause Notts are pants ?

A little from column A and a little from column B really.

If Liverpool send out a strong team and start well its going to be a very long night for Notts County.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think the rumoured lineup is as follows for Liverpool:

Mignolet
    Cissokho
    Johnson
    Toure
    Wisdom
    Gerrard
    Alberto
    Allen
    Ibe
    Sterling
    Borini

The mix of youth and experience (7 changes) should be easily enough to see of Notts County at Anfield, but considering the difficulty Liverpool had in the cup ties against lower league opposition last season, nothing is taken for granted. If County play a high pressure game there is definitely potential for them to be competitive, if not even get a surprise win, but I still expect a result like 3-0.

If Skrtel and Kelly are fit though, they may feature, but it seems like they are not fit enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Wow thank god for this thread to talk about the match later, as the main superthread seems to be gone Bizarre :D

5starpool wrote: »
    I think the rumoured lineup is as follows for Liverpool:

Mignolet
    Cissokho
    Johnson
    Toure
    Wisdom
    Gerrard
    Alberto
    Allen
    Ibe
    Sterling
    Borini

The mix of youth and experience (7 changes) should be easily enough to see of Notts County at Anfield, but considering the difficulty Liverpool had in the cup ties against lower league opposition last season, nothing is taken for granted. If County play a high pressure game there is definitely potential for them to be competitive, if not even get a surprise win, but I still expect a result like 3-0.

If Skrtel and Kelly are fit though, they may feature, but it seems like they are not fit enough.

I really hope Gerrard does not start as we should have enough to beat Notts County without Stevie who needs to be rested/wrapped in cotton wool for sunday.

jamaamaj wrote: »
    I really hope Gerrard does not start as we should have enough to beat Notts County without Stevie who needs to be rested/wrapped in cotton wool for sunday.

I agree, but that's what the supposed lineup says. We'll find out in approximately 5 hours anyhow I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

With the rumoured strong line up by LFC tonight & my liking for a little gamble....Liverpool minus 2 goals with PaddyPower is Even's & 6-0 is 25/1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yep, I'd be keeping Stevie well away from this game. A 3 in midfield of Allen, Henderson and maybe Alberto would be interesting, full of energy and should be able to get a grip on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I wish Rodgers would give Allen a chance in the CM role as opposed to the DM/AM positions. You'd see a much better player imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

this being televised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Is it on TV?

Happy enough if Wisdom and Cissokho get games, shows how bad our CM options are if Gerrard starts. The attacking options don't scream goals to me, 2-0, Ibe and Sterling!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    this being televised?

Yep, SS1 7.30, kick off 7.45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Wow thank god for this thread to talk about the match later, as the main superthread seems to be gone Bizarre :D

As opposed to how it usually is??

4-0 for me. Borini, Alberto, Sterling and Wisdom with the goals. Cissokho to get his first start, Rossiter to make an appearance if all is going well...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I hope Gerrard is taken off on the hour regardless of the score.

He and Lucas have looked a tidy and effective partnership in centre-mid and an injury to either would be a big blow imo.

We need him fresh for the weekend regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looking forward to see Cissokho & Alberto playing tonight

5-0 Liverpool (Borini, Allen, Alberto x2, Toure)

100/1 liverpool 8-0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

5starpool wrote: »
    Yep, SS1 7.30, kick off 7.45.

tyty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

73 - 0 goin on our current form, easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gerrard should not be playing.

seriously.

If we are winning by a couple with 20 mins to go it would be nice to see young Jordan Rossiter coming on for his debut, similar to a 16 year old Sinclair making his bow in the same competition last season. Pity he's been dogged with injuries since. 16 is crazy young to be making first team appearances, but no harm introducing them in a relatively no pressure situation. If we are only a goal up or worse even though, no chance he should come on imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, i'm not too enamored with Toure starting either. at least it's not him AND Agger though, which is something.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    also, i'm not too enamored with Toure starting either. at least it's not him AND Agger though, which is something.

KoloToureFacts - Kolo once played three games in a day, but couldn't sleep afterwards cause he had too much energy left. So he built a patio and translated Ulysses into Esperanto before going to bed.

SlickRic wrote: »

I think Toure with Wisdom would be good, will look after him better than I think Agger would, and he seems fit enough to play a few games close together. Hopefully, we will have so much of the ball, he can have a restful game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I can't see Gerrard starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Paulegend wrote: »
    100/1 liverpool 8-0 :D

Think I'll send a euro to paddy power.

I can't see Gerrard starting.

Really shouldn't be. In attack, Dan, Phil and himself are critical, so need to be fresh for the weekend. Henderson can start, he's got the youth and fitness to do it, and can be the one to make-way for Rossiter on the hour if we are in good shape...

Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Dickerty wrote: »
    Really shouldn't be. In attack, Dan, Phil and himself are critical, so need to be fresh for the weekend. Henderson can start, he's got the youth and fitness to do it, and can be the one to make-way for Rossiter on the hour if we are in good shape...

Looking forward to it now!
    I have a feeling we'll see Rossiter play tonight if things go well - here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

5-0

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Think I'll send a euro to paddy power.

i have a 1.36 free bet that needs using lol

I'd rather Toure didn't play either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool XI v Notts County:

Mignolet;
    Johnson, Toure, Wisdom, Cissokho;
    Allen, Gerrard,
    --Sterling--Alberto---Ibe
    Sturridge,

Subs Jones Agger Aspas Coutinho Henderson Lucas Borini

No chances being taken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gerrard and Sturridge starting is bizarre.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool XI v Notts County:

Mignolet;
    Johnson, Toure, Wisdom, Cissokho;
    Allen, Gerrard,
    --Sterling--Alberto---Ibe
    Sturridge,

No chances being taken!

With that team, i expect nothing but a comfortable win, and get Gerrard & Sturridge off early for sunday.

Liverpool subs: Jones, Agger, Aspas, Coutinho, Henderson, Lucas, Borini.

No Jordan Rossiter on the bench as rumoured widely. Probably part of the match day squad, but thought he may be in line for a sub appearance if circumstances permitted.

Strong team.

I guess he is going for the two cups and top 4 then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Imo, dissapointing that Borini doesn't start (He needs games somewhere) and that Rossiter isn't on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Win it in the first half. Make three subs. Lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

6-1

to Liverpool

would like to see Borini getting 90 minutes, he's a good lad, I'd like to see him do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

G.K. wrote: »
    Imo, dissapointing that Borini doesn't start (He needs games somewhere) and that Rossiter isn't on the bench.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is available to any potential buyers, that's the only reason he isnt playing and Sturridge is tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

daithijjj wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is available to any potential buyers, that's the only reason he isnt playing and Sturridge is tbh.

surely banging in a few first team goals would be the best shop window for him

and not risk Sturridge picking up a knock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

daithijjj wrote: »

Wont get much for him if we can't get him on display. Really odd picking Sturridge. An injury there before (hopefully) Suarez is back and our rosey start would turn grey very quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement