Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid question

Options
  • 27-08-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Pretty obvious answer here I'm sure.I just bought a freshly made birthday cake for the wife from gourmet tart.
    Good place to store it without her seen it?
    Can't leave it in fridge she will see it there.
    Would it be ok to leave it in a dry place for couple of hours
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Could you ask a neighbour to put it in their fridge til it's needed? I'm sure there's some toppings on a cake that would need refrigeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

No they would be at work.I guess il just stick it in tge fridge.
    She prob knows anyway,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

No they would be at work.I guess il just stick it in tge fridge.
    She prob knows anyway,cheers

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Depends on the decoration. If it has sugarpaste on it just leave it somewhere cool and dry. If fresh cream etc then has to be fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

What's in the cake? Fresh cream and/or fruit it needs the fridge, if it's buttercream/praline/ganache etc a cool room would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Probably served now (I hope it was tasty!) but you could / could have used a cooler box for picnics if you had ice or ice blocks in it to keep it cool.

Advertisement