Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody thinking of commuting from Kilkenny to Maynooth this year?

• 27-08-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would be interested :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 skype919

I drive from Knocktopher to NUIM daily as a mature student

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I drove from KK city to Maynooth last Tuesday and it took around an hour 40. Not sure if it's commutable to be honest. Have you looked into accommodation of some sort?

By the way OP, try the Kilkenny city and county forum as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

1.40 is definitely commutable. I've been doing 2 hours each way for five years. It's grand for sleeping or catching up on reading.

Doesn't really allow you to join too many clubs or go out much though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

mickstupp wrote: »
    1.40 is definitely commutable. I've been doing 2 hours each way for five years. It's grand for sleeping or catching up on reading.

Doesn't really allow you to join too many clubs or go out much though...

Commutable on a bus or train probably but you'd be worried about falling asleep at the wheel at 1.40. Public transport links from Kilkenny to Maynooth seem to be pretty poor as well.

OP, I think you will be exhausted in no time and will miss out on college life to an extent. I really think you should look into finding accommodation. There is still plenty available in the surrounding areas like Leixlip and Celbridge. Check out Maynooth student pad for listings.

Advertisement