Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any lads on here done a cooking course

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Curious to know if any lads on here have done a cooking course? I'd like to do a basic course that will show me a few simple healthy recipes etc, so I can prepare lunch, dinner etc?

Anyone on here ever done one of these?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,852 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from the gents club - hopefully this is the right place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I did one, in the cooks academy, I'm a bit of a cook so found this to be a bit basic for me, but still enjoyed the week. They teach you some knife skills, butchery, etc.

Then they day is broken up into 1 or 2 main meals and then some baking or desserts in the afternoon.

http://www.cooksacademy.com/courses/1Week/EssentialCookeryCourse#.UhyO15K1F68

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

did an indian cookery course at copper and spices in navan and it was very good, highly recommended and as it was mostly lads doing it we had great craic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Curious to know if any lads on here have done a cooking course? I'd like to do a basic course that will show me a few simple healthy recipes etc, so I can prepare lunch, dinner etc?

Anyone on here ever done one of these?

I did one that was in a restaurant, three courses, over one day. It was part demonstration, part hands-on, and we got to eat the three-course meal at the end of it. Great fun, especially with the lads as I did.

However, I learned more from the cooking club on this very forum. Pick out a few basic recipes, give them a go and see what happens. Trial and error is the best way to learn. I also got a few cheap cookbooks in Tesco for around €5, great for giving you a start and as you become more confident, you can alter the recipes to suit yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I did the Indian one from Kitchen in the Castle, which was excellent. And my lovely wife has just booked me in for their 4-week (4 x 3-hour sessions) Intermediate course as an anniversary pressie.

They also do a beginners course - here

• Advertisement
Advertisement