Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be able to get eFibre in my area?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Earlier in the year I became a Eircom customer and got up to 8mb broadband with them. I was warned that That my line was only capable of recieving  up to 3mb download speeds, dispite this I still went a head with it. However when we were only able to get speeds less then 1mb I had the contract canceled. So here's my question. Two actually. 

I see Eircom are now offering up to 24mb speeds, does this mean if I was to go back to Eircom I'd get an improved service? Dispite my 3mb line?

And dispite my line only been able for 3mb would I be able to get eFibre when it's available in my area? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Earlier in the year I became a Eircom customer and got up to 8mb broadband with them. I was warned that That my line was only capable of recieving  up to 3mb download speeds, dispite this I still went a head with it. However when we were only able to get speeds less then 1mb I had the contract canceled. So here's my question. Two actually. 

I see Eircom are now offering up to 24mb speeds, does this mean if I was to go back to Eircom I'd get an improved service? Dispite my 3mb line?

And dispite my line only been able for 3mb would I be able to get eFibre when it's available in my area? 

Thanks. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Son0vagun[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Unfortunately the up to 24mb package is still dependant on what the line can hold and it is not possible to offer you faster speeds that what was previously provided when you had eircom broadband.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I've double checked this and I can confirm that efibre should be coming to Navan  mid September. Not all areas in Navan will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year but the cabinets done by September will be going live then.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]At this moment in time the cabinet in your area has not been upgraded yet. I'm unable to see or get more information on when your cabinet will be efibre upgrade however I can confirm this will not be available when efibre goes live in Navan.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Thanks for your reply. So what you're saying is, that when eFibre goes live in navan, it will not be available in my area, and that it might never be available? 

Thanks for your reply. So what you're saying is, that when eFibre goes live in navan, it will not be available in my area, and that it might never be available? 
    Hi Son0vagun

What I am saying is that we do not know when it will be available in your area and I'm unable to see if it will ever be in your area.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Ok thanks for your reply, it doesn't sound good for me so :(

Ok thanks for your reply, it doesn't sound good for me so :(

No worries Son0vagun

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you,

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement