Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZTE Open - Firefox OS

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these on ebay last week and have been using it over the weekend. Have to say its fairly impressive for a £59 phone. However it is fairly basic and is missing a lot of functionality that both Android and iOS have as standard e.g. cut and paste. I would say it is on a par with the original iPhone in terms of build and functionality.

I use it is my backup phone (i.e. non-work) and have an iPhone as my main phone.

Just wanted to know if anyone else was using one and had any advice/suggestions/comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I have one as well, only had a small play around on it yet, plenty of apps straight out of the box, and it's a slick OS, i'd love to see it on a good sized quality screen.
    Could be a contender, nice to see some competition for windows and android and it's a good effort. I wonder if any of the networks will take a chance with it, it's a good cheap phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I managed to brick mine after a few days of tinkering. I tried to restore the ZTE image but the recovery complains that it can't "verify the whole file signature" and stops here:

assert_failed: getprop_new("ro.build.display.id") == "OPEN_EU_DEV_FFOS_"

Does anyone know of a way to restore it to working order? Google isn't being very helpful.

Advertisement