Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New store Lower Baggot Street...any ideas?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭

There is a new deli/shop coming on the site of the former National Irish Bank building beside Toner's Pub on Lower Baggot Street.

Anyone know what it is gonna be? Already a wide range of similar stores around there so hoping for something a bit different!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's a gourmet spar, 2 minute walk from a pretty large lunch spar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

yeah thanks

signs were up yesterday evening alright...be intersting to see what difference a "gourmet" spar is

certainly almost saturation round that part of town for a deli/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

It's the same owner, he's opening a third one up the road very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Passed it by about an hour ago - it's already open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Riskymove wrote: »
    yeah thanks

signs were up yesterday evening alright...be intersting to see what difference a "gourmet" spar is

certainly almost saturation round that part of town for a deli/shop

There are loads of them, but they're all still really busy at lunchtime!
    Hammertime wrote: »
    It's the same owner, he's opening a third one up the road very soon

Do you know where? I'm wondering is anything going to replace the Londis beside Larry Murphy's that closed back at Easter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Do you know where? I'm wondering is anything going to replace the Londis beside Larry Murphy's that closed back at Easter!

That closed just after Christmas :eek:

The bookies beside the Londis have a property reserved sign up but no idea what's going in there. Apparently the issue with the Londis was the crazy rent and the reduced footfall in the area since the staff moved out of the BOI HQ, almost 4k fewer people in the immediate area per day. Really miss the Subway but not the Londis, I know there are two within ten mins walk but some days that's just too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Do you know where? I'm wondering is anything going to replace the Londis "beside Larry Murphy's that closed back at Easter"

That is the location of his other (third) shop on that stretch, it will be opening in near future.

Advertisement