Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Mugging - Beware

Options
  • 27-08-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

A local man was mugged in Rush earlier hours of Sunday morning in vicinty of Drop Inn pub.

Two men with eastern european accents were the attackers.

Ironic that happened 100 yards away from where the garda station used to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Hi there was an incident involving 2 eastern european men at the apartments across from the drop inn, they were not tenants and were looking for people who live in one of the apartments who weren't in and they started vandalizing cars in the car park and shouting abuse to other residents,..... might be connected.

The reg number of the car they were in is with the guards

ETA it happened sunday afternoon not sure of exact time though but around 3-4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Warnings are fair but please ensure that the warning is based on facts and not rumours (We don't want the whole of Rush to be afraid of "2 East European men"...)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

This is fact, not fiction. Know the victim personally.

I didnt say the men were eastern european, i said they had eastern european accents. Maybe there were putting their accents on to disguise their true origins.

Seriously though, not scaremongering, just letting people know they should be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Its important to point out Most of the Eastern europeans around Rush are very Nice hard working people. Iv got to know a few over the last year or two and they sound.

But like one or two other areas of N.C.D we have inherited a few right nasty s***bags. There is as one of them told me a serious drink problem in some sections.

Despite many reports to Gardái, I have made numerous calls, nothing is being done by Gardái (managment/minister) to make our streets any safer. And I fear nothing will be done untill some local takes law into their own hands and then we will be overran by Gardái for a few weeks and then return to "normal"

Advertisement