Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we get a "What's a paddlin'" section in the "What is...?" help file?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

In terms of site rules, you should add a section called "What's a paddlin'", and then list site rules in the following format:
    • Personal attacks? That's a paddlin'
    • Slander? That's a paddlin'
    • Linking to illegal content? That's a paddlin'
    • Pissing off the admin? OOOOOH, you'd better believe that's a paddlin'!

etc.
    I feel this would immeasurably improve the accessibility of the help files and result in a dramatic decrease in the amount of general shenanigans going on around Boards, with consequent calming of everyone's souls and potential overspill into the general cause of world peace.

Thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If people already ignore the Terms of Use they see when joining, and the FAQ which (along with the aforementioned) are linked to on every page, what makes you think anyone will pay attention to a new page - or even read it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dades wrote: »
    what makes you think anyone will pay attention to a new page - or even read it?

Cos if they don't, it's a paddlin'....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I know Ive seen that exact thing beginning a thread, or forum on this site somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know Ive seen that exact thing beginning a thread, or forum on this site somewhere....

You Laugh, You Lose. It's our opening post :D

Rules_1.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Cos if they don't, it's a paddlin'....
    It's quite telling when Admins don't know what the DRP is for

... and before anyone replies, I know what you're going to say:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dades wrote: »
    If people already ignore the Terms of Use they see when joining, and the FAQ which (along with the aforementioned) are linked to on every page, what makes you think anyone will pay attention to a new page - or even read it?

4,500 out of my 11,000 post count are evidence to the fact that people either can't or won't read a forum title, let alone an entire FAQ page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Penn wrote: »
    You Laugh, You Lose. It's our opening post :D

Heh heh heh thats the one:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Very funny meme. Who was it that created such a memorable, simple yet side-splitting instruction?

Some writer for "The Simpsons."

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Very funny meme. Who was it that created such a memorable, simple yet side-splitting instruction?
    DON'T QUOTE THE PICS!

Advertisement