Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haim 13th Dec @ The Academy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

For the last two tickets I bought from TicketMaster, service charge was €4.90.
    Those tickets were in the €40 - €60 region though, I'm not sure if the lower price will mean lower charges. Knowing TicketMaster, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

ratedR wrote: »
    For the last two tickets I bought from TicketMaster, service charge was €4.90.
    Those tickets were in the €40 - €60 region though, I'm not sure if the lower price will mean lower charges. Knowing TicketMaster, probably not.

I think I bought a Leinster rugby ticket that was €25 with €2.50 charges. I'm only going as a guide hoping it isn't too much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got my tickets! Can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

tickets secured, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

4 tickets in the bag! Yeehaa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Got tickets too, odd time to release them but suited me better than 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Are they sold out already?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Appears so.

Got my two, happy days. As of 10:06 they seem to be sold out too.

viv2 wrote: »
    Got tickets too, odd time to release them but suited me better than 9am.

Boyzone tickets were on sale at 9am, I guess they didn't want the site to completely **** itself at 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

yess got a ticket for this, mad that it sold out so fast, but i'm always surprised when things sell out(i have low expectations of ireland that are constantly proved wrong :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

I'm really curious to see what kind of venue they could actually fill, every concert so far has sold out instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Crap! I was gonna go to jervis and buy one now! But no point obviously :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I got one.

Seemed to crap out about 3 times before I could buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I remember the hearing them was on Jools Holland...found the bass players facial expressions more entertaining that their music.

Sorry Haim fans, but this is funny

i wonder if this'll get moved to the olympia or something? didn't mcd do that of couple times last year maybe(if i remember correctly?)

LowOdour wrote: »
    I remember the hearing them was on Jools Holland...found the bass players facial expressions more entertaining that their music.

Sorry Haim fans, but this is funny

ah the bassface :p it's hilarious, she gets asked about it in interviews all the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

Went to Ticketmaster at 9am and then went away was online and logged in from 9.30 and secured 4. Saw them in Whelans and they were amazing so was certain I didn't want to miss this one. And the bassface is so much better in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Damn! Had a couple of tries from 1000 but no joy. Not surprised they sold out. class band. Will have to find something else for the girlfriends birthday card:)

don't forget Este's pickup line- you must be irish because my penis is dublin! reckon the banter will be mighty with this gig :D

• Advertisement

don't forget Este's pickup line- you must be irish because my penis is dublin! reckon the banter will be mighty with this gig :D

Hahahahahahah! I have stolen that joke so many times! :P

Alicano wrote: »
    Damn! Had a couple of tries from 1000 but no joy. Not surprised they sold out. class band. Will have to find something else for the girlfriends birthday card:)

Maybe she'd like some boyzone tickets?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

redgp wrote: »
    Maybe she'd like some boyzone tickets?! :o

I'm not trying to break up with her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

i wonder if this'll get moved to the olympia or something? didn't mcd do that of couple times last year maybe(if i remember correctly?)

Would they have enough of a following to sell it out though? I'm not too sure. I think playing the Academy is fine for now. If they make waves on the album charts then Olympia would be the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think they would sell out the olympia if it was moved, or an extra date was added.
    It looks like its last date on tour....so could be possible?

new date added in the olympia, 10th march, tickets onsale friday.
    their touring frequency makes me happy :)

new date added in the olympia, 10th march, tickets onsale friday.
    their touring frequency makes me happy :)

Presale starts tomorrow morning. How many tickets do they usually release in a presale ? Won't have money til Thursday unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Where will the presale code be posted? MCD's FB and twitter?

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/10151926305334548 this is all it says on their fb page, i presume you go online before 9 and they link you at 9 or something equally straightforward? never used mcd presale, only o2 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Thanks, if all else fails I'll be up at 9 on Friday ready and waiting.

Advertisement