Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Handball Waterford / Waterford Dodgeball

Options
  • 27-08-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As some of you may already know Waterford Dodgeball League is held every Wednesday night in De La Salle College in Newtown from 7-8:30pm.

We are now looking at bringing Olympic Handball to Waterford aswell, so from tomorrow night we are going to split the 90 mins into playing both sports.

We are all new to handball ourselves and most of us never played before, I barely even heard about it before this week, but we are going to give it a go to see how we get on.

If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in trying handball, or even dodgeball aswell, come along tomorrow and every Wednesday after, and give it a go.

It costs only €5 to play (either or both) would good fun guaranteed.

Like I said above, don't be put off if you've never played it before as neither have most of us.

Rules of handball can be found here http://www.olympichandball.org/handball/rules/

If your interested leave a comment below

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I forgot to mention both can be mixed sports so both males and females welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jaysus Coco, before you know it, you'll be subscribing to Obscure Sports Quarterly magazine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

He'll be playing as many varied sports as I did before. He's old though so I reckon Coco's hips will give way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

What way are you splitting the time (first half to OH or second half to OH).

I haven't any interest in dodgeball but would be interested in giving olympic handball a go. If it's not an option to only play for half the time it's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 derekE222

Sounds good, i am in for both games.. its gona be aweeesome :)

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote: »
    What way are you splitting the time (first half to OH or second half to OH).

I haven't any interest in dodgeball but would be interested in giving olympic handball a go. If it's not an option to only play for half the time it's no problem.

Well to start off we are going to play handball first starting at 7. Depending on how well it goes we will be playing it for 30-45 mins.
    You're more than welcome to come along and play just handball but I would recommend giving dodgeball a go afterwards. We have great fun playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

looking forward to giving this a go.
    hopefully i'll be back to some level of fitness next week to try it out;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

cococoady wrote: »
    Well to start off we are going to play handball first starting at 7. Depending on how well it goes we will be playing it for 30-45 mins.
    You're more than welcome to come along and play just handball but I would recommend giving dodgeball a go afterwards. We have great fun playing it.

Turns out I have a match now that I wasn't expecting tomorrow so will try make it down next week. I'd be pure useless at dodge ball but if I can make it next week I'll give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Looking forward to the introduction of handball tonight. Should be a nice warm up for dodgeball

If your interested in playing give us a like on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Olympic-Handball/188530641325915

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Enjoyed the handball last night lads, here's hoping there's enough interest and getting its own slot some week

Just incase anyone on here was interested, handball WON'T be on tonight.
    We are looking at getting an hour on a seperate night to dodgeball and I will let ye know when that has been sorted.
    Ye are however, still more than welcome to come along and give dodgeball a go.
    7-8:30 in de la salle college. €5 is the charge.

Advertisement