Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to UPC from SKY - my nightmare! !

Options
  • 27-08-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Recently switched to Horizon Essential Bundle Pack from Sky+ with BT Broadband.

Very disappointed with the product - remote control is terrible, broadband for me is slower (so far anyway) .. the TV guide is horrible to use and competely counter-intuituve ...
    But I do like the home network idea ... :)

However the real kick in the posterior came last night - my first bill from UPC for 139 euros!!!
    I signed up for their new customer deal -> 50 euros p.m. with no activation fee.
    When I got it installed the engineer told me UPC would contact me with details of the number for the landline - 2 weeks later and still haven't heard from them on that but they send me an incorrect grossly inflated bill!
    Anyway called UPC customer services last night - after about an hour they say they have removed the activation fee (50 Euros) from my a/c but that I would need to speak to another dept. to get the 50 euros p.m. promotion activated! (remember this is the deal I signed up for!)
    Anyway this morning UPC lady called me back and transfers me to Anthony in their "Customer Loyalty Department". Anthony is quite arrogant and dismissive - I tell him the problem and for reasons unknowable to me he instists that I root out the original email I got from UPC (when I signed up) and read it back to him. This I do somewhat perplexed - he then puts me back on hold and eventually comes back to me saying he has removed the activation fee (this is what his colleague Aife told me she had done last night!) ... So basically the hour onto Anthony was a complete waste of time! At this stage I am very frustrated and let Anthony know this. I request that he sorts out my bill and calls me back.
    He says this is not possible - I have to call the billing Dept. myself and get them to correct this bill ... I point out that surely it is up to UPC to correct this error and that they should call me once this is done. But no Anthony from Customer Loyalty is of the opinion that UPC are not at fault here and that it is solely my responsiblity to follow up on this!

Frustrated I give up on Anthony - he obviously is not going to help me apart from giving me another number to call - so I tell him I will be sharing my story online so other consumers are aware of how UPC have chosen to treat me as a new customer ...

Anthony seems completely unfazed! .... This is a really interesting attitude from UPCs customer loyalty people ...

Anyway thats the story so far ... I suppose this afternoon I will have to block off another hour to speak with their billing people to see if I can get them to correct my bill ... all I want is for UPC to stick to the deal they sold to me and the deal they are advertising everwhere -> 50 euros p.m. for 6 months with no activaction fee !!!! .... :mad:

And I haven't even started to complain about the broadband speed, and the fact that they still haven't bothered to tell me what the landline number is ... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

You could try posting over in the "Talk to UPC" forum - http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

The Cush wrote: »
    You could try posting over in the "Talk to UPC" forum - http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

Why bother ? They will just ask you to PM them (to get it out of the public eye) and then fob you off with 'passing on your concerns to the relevant department' and that sort of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6 near007

Will do thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭kooga

is this the offer you signed up for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Had three issues in 3 months with Upc. Customer loyalty department called me and I've never spoke to someone so unprofessional! I was basically told "ah sure we all make mistakes" and sure "that was a saturday morning, we have all been like that on a saturday" referencing one of her colleagues who may have been suffering with a hangover. Im finished with them when my year us up barring a miraculous improvement in current service. A new box I ordered to be delivered on a saturday is coming today, so thats mistake number 4 now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement