Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Baird & Homemade Sin ...

Options
  • 27-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

... is coming back to Dublin. Whelans- only upstairs this time. Friday 22/11/13
    Tickets from tickets.ie €20. They were amazing last time out.

Also playing The Diamond Rock Club Ahoghill, Ballymena, Ballymena. £15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Tonight. Should be good. Sorry to say I've seen zero publicity for this 'round town.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

back again in november. dates announced soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Is that you, Dan? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Super! Hope it is Whelans main stage this time 'round. Bit hard to see the band such was the crowd last time out.

Would be great but the main venue wasn't very full the last time they played there, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

30 nov. main room

tonights the night. if you like old fashioned kick ass r'n'r played loud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

tonights the night. if you like old fashioned kick ass r'n'r played loud

Stuck in work :-(

Although again, attendance was pretty poor, I thought they were great last night, really good setlist with a decent smattering of Satellites songs including, finally, Sweet Blue Midnight! However, if the gigs keep being as poorly-attended as this, I can see them not bothering any more, and frankly I wouldn't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

blastman wrote: »
    Although again, attendance was pretty poor, I thought they were great last night, really good setlist with a decent smattering of Satellites songs including, finally, Sweet Blue Midnight! However, if the gigs keep being as poorly-attended as this, I can see them not bothering any more, and frankly I wouldn't blame them.

Yes Blastman it was terrible to see such a poor crowd last night was that his 3rd time in Whelans over the last 2 years he ties it in with the Diamond Rock Club gig at least that pays it way. But it is so disappointing to see such a bad turn out for a real great live rock band. Sweet Blue Midnight was awesome.

• Advertisement

sad bstrd that i am, i counted 37 people. still didnt stop them delivering a top notch show. WEH is some player. had a good chat with Aaron from Drivin N Cryin after too.

Ned, you weren't wearing a Jason And The Scorchers 2008 t-shirt, were you?

Ned, you weren't wearing a Jason And The Scorchers 2008 t-shirt, were you?

nope. a long ryders 2004 tee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Yes Blastman it was terrible to see such a poor crowd last night was that his 3rd time in Whelans over the last 2 years he ties it in with the Diamond Rock Club gig at least that pays it way. But it is so disappointing to see such a bad turn out for a real great live rock band. Sweet Blue Midnight was awesome.

Great gig, but is the poor turnout down to promotion or something?

The recent Focus gig in The Village (now called Opium Rooms) also had a very poor turnout.

I'd have thought that many of those who'd attend the Toto, Y&T or ZZ Top type gigs would be into these shows.

It's interesting to think that John Oates played a gig in Whelans around two years ago and while there was a good attendance at it, it didn't sell anywhere near as quick as when Hall and Oates did in the Olympia.

I guess with Toto and Hall and Oates, that both bands have certain fans, that wouldn't bother going to see either John Oates or Steve Lukather doing their own solo shows. I find that bizarre, that they don't seem to have the interest, considering that neither Steve Lukather or John Oates would play their own solo shows here too often.

I think it is down to promotion, yes, or more accurately, the complete lack of it. Apart from this thread, the only promotion I saw was a poster IN Whelans on Thursday night at Augustines. Maybe Nova did some advertising, but i didn't hear any.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Great gig, but is the poor turnout down to promotion or something?

The recent Focus gig in The Village (now called Opium Rooms) also had a very poor turnout.

I'd have thought that many of those who'd attend the Toto, Y&T or ZZ Top type gigs would be into these shows.

It's interesting to think that John Oates played a gig in Whelans around two years ago and while there was a good attendance at it, it didn't sell anywhere near as quick as when Hall and Oates did in the Olympia.

I guess with Toto and Hall and Oates, that both bands have certain fans, that wouldn't bother going to see either John Oates or Steve Lukather doing their own solo shows. I find that bizarre, that they don't seem to have the interest, considering that neither Steve Lukather or John Oates would play their own solo shows here too often.

I think Horseburger it is all down to promotion maybe the guy bringing the likes of John Oates in or Steve Lukather has no marketing budget. I found out about these gigs through website/social media, didn't see any posters around and no radio push what so ever.

It is such a pity that so many great artists come in to town to play a gig and hardly anybody goes and then when you bring it up conversation most people did not even know it happened in the first place.

Live music is supposed to be the main source of Income to performers these days but unless a proper promotion platform is agreed by all this will just keep on happening and put many artists / bands bankrupt and off the circuit.

Advertisement