Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to switch to eircom, but theres a problem with my line.. What are my options

Options
  • 27-08-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, we're currently using eircom for our phone and a different provider for our internet and another party for our alarm. We're only getting about 5mbps and meant to be receiving like 50mbps. We called our current proivder and they said it was an eircom issue with the line.. So an eircom engineer dropped in and concluded that the line to the house was fine, however the phone line was being run through the phone and alarm before going into the internet, so thats what the slow down was. He was even able to disconnect the main line into the house, and plug it directly into the wireless box to show the actual speed, which was as expected... 

Sooo.. should we switch to eircom and get you them to do the re-wiring work, as our current provider doesn't provide engineering support like that.

Also, if we switched to eircom, do they block some websites? (ie. piratebay) not that It would matter to me at all.. just curious... no other reason

On a side note, do they report you if you're downloading a lot and presume you're downloading something illegal like copyright material?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mickwaffle wrote: »
    Hi, we're currently using eircom for our phone and a different provider for our internet and another party for our alarm. We're only getting about 5mbps and meant to be receiving like 50mbps. We called our current proivder and they said it was an eircom issue with the line.. So an eircom engineer dropped in and concluded that the line to the house was fine, however the phone line was being run through the phone and alarm before going into the internet, so thats what the slow down was. He was even able to disconnect the main line into the house, and plug it directly into the wireless box to show the actual speed, which was as expected... 

Sooo.. should we switch to eircom and get you them to do the re-wiring work, as our current provider doesn't provide engineering support like that.

Also, if we switched to eircom, do they block some websites? (ie. piratebay) not that It would matter to me at all.. just curious... no other reason

On a side note, do they report you if you're downloading a lot and presume you're downloading something illegal like copyright material?
    Hi mickwaffle

Can you sent me a private message with the eircom account number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement