Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the new 20c transaction charge on current accounts also apply to bank fees?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if the new 20c transaction charge on current account items applies to bank fees, such as notified interest and the overdraft renewal fee?

Also, is the minimum fee of 46c incurred when I buy in sterling using my Visa Debit card subject to the 20c transaction charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi sunbeam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Bank fees and charges are not classified as transactions so you do not incur the transaction charge of 20c when they are debited from your account. 

The minimum fee you mentioned above is a cross border handling fee for transactions outside the Eurozone. As above, the fee itself does not incur a transaction charge but the card transaction the cross border handling fee relates to would.

Thanks 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Good to know, thanks :)

Advertisement