Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity costs for running stuff.

Options
  • 27-08-2013 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Belkin Electricity Monitor and have been testing it out on various items in the house. I changed the unit price to .192c per unit.

From playing around with it I have worked out:

Fish Filter 42c per month
    TV €1.84 per month (When on)
    Washing Machine €28.40 per month (When on)
    Charging Laptop + TV €98 per month (When on)

These seem a lot cheaper than I thought. Do they sound right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

All depends on the power rating of the device and length of time of use, e.g if a kettle is 2000W (2kW) and the unit price is 0.192c then for one hour usage(one kWhr) of a kettle it will cost you
    2 x 0.192c = 0.384 cent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I purchased a Belkin Electricity Monitor and have been testing it out on various items in the house. I changed the unit price to .192c per unit.

From playing around with it I have worked out:

Fish Filter 42c per month
    TV €1.84 per month (When on)
    Washing Machine €28.40 per month (When on)
    Charging Laptop + TV €98 per month (When on)

These seem a lot cheaper than I thought. Do they sound right?
    BrianDug wrote: »
    All depends on the power rating of the device and length of time of use, e.g if a kettle is 2000W (2kW) and the unit price is 0.192c then for one hour usage(one kWhr) of a kettle it will cost you
    2 x 0.192c = 0.384 cent etc.

OP, I assume you mean €0.192, or 19.2c, whichever way you like to put it.

BrianDug, you meant €0.384 or 38.4 cent, right?

Advertisement