Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pigeon

• 27-08-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭

I put this in after hours as I did not see this...There is an injured racing pigeon in my back garden is there anything I can do for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Where are you based? We can give recommendations of wildlife rescues (by PM) if you let us know. Alternatively bring it to your local vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I can't link as using my phone. Google Irish racing pigeon or Irish homing union to get club contact details. The pigeon will have one ring on its leg or if it is in a race, it will have 2.

Put it somewhere safe from predators & maybe offer it some grain & water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No point in ringing anyone if its injured.
    The owner will only break its neck.
    Sorry to e blunt but its what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

No point in ringing anyone if its injured.
    The owner will only break its neck.
    Sorry to e blunt but its what they do.

No always. I rescued an injured bird from my cat. The owner was delighted to get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Knine wrote: »
    No always. I rescued an injured bird from my cat. The owner was delighted to get it back.

I live up the road from a pigeon racer and took him a injured pigeon ( at least 6 year ago) and it turned out to be his.
    He said thanks and snapped its neck there and then.
    He said its no use to me injured. I said would you not have tried to mend it ( not that I cared) and he said anyone that races pigeons haven't the time or money to save a broke pigeon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement