Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an eircom box fitted for sky

• 27-08-2013 4:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hey guys..

i switched my tv package to sky in noveber, and last week i switched the broadband and home phone to sky from upc..

the only problem is, i dont have an eircom box, well, there is something resembling a box in the hall, its old and tattered and may not work, plus, its out in the hall, far away from where i want my phone to be.

so i rang sky and asked could they supply one, and they said it was down to me to organise that so i should call a local electrician to fit one..

has anyone else had this problem,, surely if i am gonna be paying for their service they should actually come and fit the thing no??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Do you actually have an active eircom line and phone number?

Sky install nothing phone related.
    They sell a service over existing Eircom lines.

An electrician can fit extension sockets around the house but only Eircom can install a master socket if there is none there already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Could the person who pm'd me regarding instalation please do so again as I have deleted it. Thanks

There is a box in the hall which I'm not sure is working or not.

Advertisement