Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive criticism for business website

Options
  • 27-08-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'd like some feedback for my website www.mindyourbump.ie especially in relation to:
    - ease of navigation,
    - overall look and logo
    - text formatting and amount of etc

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Eimear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Initial impression.

You need a more succinct introductory or home page? Who are you (briefly)? What do you do (again briefly)?

Start by introducing yourself. FOr instance, I've even gone to your "About Eimear" tab to find your surname, and I still don't know it. It may be somewhere, but it shoudl be obvious.

Overall, could you vary the colours a bit?

Great concept.

I hope I don't sound too critical?

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eimeargrace

Thanks ?Cee?View,

I will review the into page and take note of your comments.
    The colours are preset under a customised stylesheet but I will look at what I can do.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Hi,

I'd like some feedback for my website www.mindyourbump.ie especially in relation to:
    - ease of navigation,
    - overall look and logo
    - text formatting and amount of etc

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Eimear

Just had a look at this from my smartphone.

Graphics look very generic and stocky. Homepage is unclear as to what the site is all about and what you do. Find the text colour hard to read and the line height of the text is a little big. Copy isn't scannable.

Didn't click past the homepage really, I understand I can book an appointment but i really am unsure for what.

As a user some questions I didn't find an answer to were: are your treatments safe? Who accredited you? (logos would help) what products do you sell? What's your phone number?

Would work better if your email was eimear@mindyourbump.ie

This was a quick ten second glance.

</twocents>

Thanks TonyStark! Added to the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'd advise you to re-order the homepage text content so that first is a clear and brief statement, as a heading 1, of what you offer and where: Massage, Reflexology and Shiatsu for Pregnancy in Ireland's south-east. Then have the list of services as h2s and make them links to their respective pages, then the about you bit and then the news bit. Also get links to your accreditations/cert pics for trust/assurance. A mention of insurance might be an idea.

The photo isn't the best. These types of personal profile shots aren't easy so you might consider a professional job. I would try to get a photo of something you in a hands on scenario with some sort of caring, reassuring smile and looking right at the camera.

Logo is fine though maybe a bit bigger and/or clearer wrt strapline 'expecting better' which isn't so crisp.

The call to action buttons could also be reordered into their business priorities: Book an Appointment; Request a callback; Gift Vouchers; Newsletter. Also consider different colours as the current ones don't stand out so well as they have a similar colour scheme as the other content.

+1 for TonyStark's email address recommendation being more professional looking.

The links at the bottom are broken eg. http://www.mindyourbump.ie/%3C?php=get_permalink(18); Same for the call to action buttons on the rhs.

Get yourself a privacy policy page as you are taking in personal info.

Better Reads could have the books linked to Amazon and that could even get some affiliate income.

Contact page has the If orphaned way off to the right in Firefox. There's some more of these layout issues on Expecting News - Packing for Hospital and amybe others where the regular text isn't line breaking properly from the headings. Possibly an inline vs block issue.

The typography could do with some work as it all looks so much the same. Eg. items like headings and prices could have some differentiation compared to the rest of the text.

About page has spelling mistake 'parents-t0-be'. Do a full site-wide spellcheck, and proofread for for grammar and punctuation errors. Preferably get some one else to do this with fresh eyes.

Can't see whether you mention doing home visits or not.

hth/gl

• Advertisement

Thanks tricky D

I've done some work on the aspects I can do myself. Will keep chipping away at it. The comments are really great for a fresh perspective!

Thanks
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Hey Eimear.
    Here are a few free sites to get privacy policy and the likes done:

Free to create a privacy policy https://www.freeprivacypolicy.com

Terms of service http://termsfeed.com/

Sitemap generator http://www.auditmypc.com/free-sitemap-generator.asp
    http://www.auditmypc.com/xml-sitemap.asp

You need this plugin "Ultimate Tinymce" to sort out your headings and fonts its free via wordpress
    I would also get the shares up on the share buttons on the left of the site. Here is something you
    could use to make a visually appealing page for your site like ? Thats up to you hope this helps.
    http://infogr.am/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tobyjensen

First impression is that it appears to be bland. Nothing really struck me at first. Had to look around for a second before feeling like I wanted to learn more. Some differentiation among the parts of the page would provide some contrast.

Advertisement