Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising on my site how much to charge ?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a website that currently gets on average 150k views per month and recently companies have come to me asking about placing ads on my site.

Basically they want a large banner on each page of the site ( 6 pages )

My question is how much should I charge for this on a monthly basis, My site is currently ad free so I would have no idea what the going rate is

Also is there different prices for placements of banner for example is it more expensive to have one on the top then it is on the bottom

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I would take a look at something like BuySellAds to get a rough idea of the cost of ads or impressions.

http://buysellads.com/

Use the marketplace serch tools to find something similar to your site's subject matter and traffic.

This will at least give you an idea of how much you could make if you were to sell advertising through a broker type site.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I would take a look at something like BuySellAds to get a rough idea of the cost of ads or impressions.

http://buysellads.com/

Use the marketplace serch tools to find something similar to your site's subject matter and traffic.

This will at least give you an idea of how much you could make if you were to sell advertising through a broker type site.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that I have registered with them also it looks like I am currently charging way too little at 20e per month

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmccarra

Hi Campo,
    I was running a small niche site a couple of years ago and did a bit of advertising with small businesses relevant to the niche. The site was getting around 50,000 pageviews a month and I was charging €25-€30 per month for a 300x250 sidebar advert, with discounts for paying for 6 months and 12 months upfront. Hope this helps.

Advertisement