Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House? Does this end my contract?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am just wondering - I am in contract with Electric Ireland until September 30th, but this weekend I am moving house. Does this mean I can change Electricity Provider, or must I wait until my contract ends anyway? I haven't made mt mind up to change providers I am just checking my options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Amy,

Moving address would not end your contract with Electric Ireland - we would transfer your contract to your new address. We can do this here on Boards by private message if you wish. We would require a meter reading taken on the day you leave (no earlier) and a contact name/telephone number for whomever is taking over from you (e.g. landlord/letting agent/new tenant).

When we have a move-in meter reading for your new address, we can transfer your account to there.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyOHall

Hi Amy,

Moving address would not end your contract with Electric Ireland - we would transfer your contract to your new address. We can do this here on Boards by private message if you wish. We would require a meter reading taken on the day you leave (no earlier) and a contact name/telephone number for whomever is taking over from you (e.g. landlord/letting agent/new tenant).

When we have a move-in meter reading for your new address, we can transfer your account to there.

Regards,
    Una
    That's perfect, thanks Una! I was speaking to someone on the phone a while ago and I think that I confused her! So said I'd ask again just to be sure! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem Amy. If you are changing address this weekend, we will be here from 8am Monday morning to process the move, should you wish to have that done here on Boards.

If it is possible to acquire the electricity MPRN (meter point reference number) of your new address, do include that in your message. If not, the RM serial number (on the meter itself). This will prevent any delays trying to find your new address on our system.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement