Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads misplaced at certain browser width

Options
  • 27-08-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the top ads dont get placed properly at around 1210px browser width. Tried it in both Firefox and Chrome.

Pm9x8xL.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Interesting, can't seem to recreate here. Wonder is it something to do with that specific ad campaign.

Would you mind firing on your details as defined in our diagnostics page, taking care to remove the part where it lists your IP address please. Also just to confirm, you've got cozy mode enabled right ?

Will take a further look into it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Yeah I'm using cosy mode, but it still happens when I'm logged out and it's in the default mode.

Diagnostics Page
    Your System

Operating System: Windows 7

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
    Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.8 r800 installed
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1920 x 1080

Current Browser: 1191 x 751

Colour: 24 bit
    Our Server

Date/Time: Tuesday 27th of August 2013, 19:20:48

Name: www.boards.ie (fozzie)
    LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes

Followed Forums:
    [{"forumid":"7","title":"After Hours","lastpost":"1377627640","unread":"1"},{"forumid":"346","title":"Bargain Alerts","lastpost":"1377627532","unread":"1"},{"forumid":"12","title":"Games","lastpost":"1377627529","unread":"1"},{"forumid":"388","title":"Rugby","lastpost":"1377626807","unread":"1"},{"forumid":"1379","title":"StarCraft","lastpost":"1377436447","unread":"1"}]

User Details

Username: B0X

User ID: 79179

Moderator: No

Cheers, will hopefully try get round to it now tomorrow

Rolled out some updates to the ad placements there yesterday evening. Any improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

It's still there I'm afraid, but to be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much. I can't imagine many people have the browser at that width very often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I'm seeing the same thing in the last week or so.

Not sure if this helps :-

Operating System: Windows XP

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.66 Safari/537.36

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.8 r800 installed

Your Resolution

Screen: 1440 x 900

Current Browser: 1201 x 794

Colour: 32 bit

Our Server

Date/Time: Saturday 07th of September 2013, 22:53:11

Name: www.boards.ie (gonzo)

LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes

Followed Forums:

[]
    User Details

Username: Collibosher

User ID: 25629

Moderator: No

Thanks guys, I can recreate it here now. Won't be top of the list regards priority, but we'll get around to it as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello.

Some more updates have been pushed out to the styling to prevent this from happening.
    Let me know if this is still occuring for you guys and we'll keep looking into it.

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Back to normal and working fine here Alvis :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement