Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coffee in Wicklow

• 27-08-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

I would love if the powers that be (whoever that would be) would organise a coffee day where all the barista's from the county could compete.
    I know there's a national barista comp but i'd like one more focused on the actual coffee.

Fwiw, what do you consider the best coffee in towns close to you and what is the best of them all.
    for me it's,
    Bray: Small Italian near Dunnes on the quinnsboro rd
    Greystones:Vino Pasta Cafe
    Enniskerry:Kingfisher kitchen

Overall:The coffee in the Kingfisher is top quality and worth the trip up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Fwiw, what do you consider the best coffee in towns close to you and what is the best of them all.
    for me it's,
    Bray: Small Italian near Dunnes on the quinnsboro rd
    Greystones:Vino Pasta Cafe
    Enniskerry:Kingfisher kitchen

Overall:The coffee in the Kingfisher is top quality and worth the trip up.
    I think that place near Dunnes is called Gusto Italiano and well worth a visit.
    I have not tried Kingfisher but would rate Cafe Delle Stelle ahead of Vino Pasta.
    I would also recommend
    Campo De Fiori in Bray (the cafe across from the restaurant of the same name off the Strand Rd.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Cerco wrote: »
    I think that place near Dunnes is called Gusto Italiano and well worth a visit.
    I have not tried Kingfisher but would rate Cafe Delle Stelle ahead of Vino Pasta.
    I would also recommend
    Campo De Fiori in Bray (the cafe across from the restaurant of the same name off the Strand Rd.)

I like Campo alright,esp the restaurant for fillet steak.

Re Cafe Delle Stelle their Espresso is lovely but for some reason their americano is not great.
    Vino cafe defo has the best cappo by a mile imo,that is once you get the right barrista.
    Try kingfisher,they use an artisan coffee blender from wicklow afaik and you can buy the coffee also,it's top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Bray: Campo, Sapori, Gusto and Mamma Mia.

There really isn't anywhere else that can compete on flavour or price.

Campo cappuccinos are €1.90. Opposite they charge €2 for one. Beat that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Surely you are getting confused between the best cafe and the best coffee?

This coffee is roasted in Wicklow and is available in a number of cafe's. Highly recommended

http://www.mccabecoffee.com/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

homer911 wrote: »
    Surely you are getting confused between the best cafe and the best coffee?

This coffee is roasted in Wicklow and is available in a number of cafe's. Highly recommended

http://www.mccabecoffee.com/index.htm

They may wish to show Finbee's on the seafront how to use their beans as the coffee there is very hit and miss. And more miss than hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

zoobizoo wrote: »
    They may wish to show Finbee's on the seafront how to use their beans as the coffee there is very hit and miss. And more miss than hit.

+1

My wife got fed of their coffee, sometimes it was nice, other times awful, so she has given up on them for the moment. Their rasberry scones, warmed with butter and jam are class though, still get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Koole Kompany in Kilcoole.

Koole Kompany in Kilcoole.

I know the owner and go in there for a laugh the odd time.
    But tbh the coffee is not great at all,still better imo than the Bread Basket,must be the worst Cappo around and @2.95 a pop I won't be back.
    Although their bread is nice Romany Stone has better variety and their coffee is nicer.

Any time I go into the Bread Basket I almost feel like i'm collecting money off them not the other way around.
    Such a sorely bunch of individuals.

Coffee in the beech tree(not sure of name) in Kilquade is nice,one thing they have nailed up there is the customer service,all the staff are top class.
    Especially the slightly eccentric red head young guy who is just full of beans and would put anyone in a good mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Like Finnbees but why oh why are the staff so surly? Coffee is very hit and miss there.

Gusto is the most authentic for coffee but Campo's has a nicer environment and atmosphere, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hollands in bray. Use hasbean beans. McCabe beans are horrid compared to hasbean.

• Advertisement

bdo wrote: »
    Like Finnbees but why oh why are the staff so surly? Coffee is very hit and miss there.

Gusto is the most authentic for coffee but Campo's has a nicer environment and atmosphere, in my opinion.

Agree with u apart from Finbees,had a lovely cappo in Romany stone today but the highlight was the bread and cakes.
    Any cake lovers need to get there,danish are huge and the doughnuts are like nothing you've ever tasted in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

Gusto Italiano is faaaaab!!!

Advertisement