Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pop up garden at Dominic street/ back of Ilac centre

• 27-08-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hey I just came down Dominic street and there seems to be a pop up garden sort of thing with arts and crafts -was driving so not able to get details - anyone any details or website on it
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Hey I just came down Dominic street and there seems to be a pop up garden sort of thing with arts and crafts -was driving so not able to get details - anyone any details or website on it
    Thanks

http://upstart.ie/

Some great events there, looking forward to visiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Great idea and similar to the Smithfield Art Tunnel further up the river.

There is also a roof top garden/urban farm around North Georges street.

Good luck to those that care enough for their community to want to enhance it I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

liffeylite wrote: »

Good luck to those that care enough for their community to want to enhance it I say.

Sounds interesting, is there a link or do you know anything more ie times and exact location?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

liffeylite wrote: »

Sounds interesting, is there a link or do you know anything more ie times and exact location?

thanks

The Urban Farm is actually on top of the Chocolate Factory on King's Inns Street (directly behind Cineworld), have a look here: http://www.urbanfarm.ie/chocolate-factory.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Also of interest is Finglas Community garden on Wellmount road,finglas west.

It's a communal growing space where just about anybody can come along and help out...currently they're growing stuff like sunflowers,courgettes,broadbeans,herbs,tomatoes etc.

I think it's a great idea as kids from Autism ireland etc can be found mucking in as well as locals with a bit of time to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

miamee wrote: »
    The Urban Farm is actually on top of the Chocolate Factory on King's Inns Street (directly behind Cineworld), have a look here: http://www.urbanfarm.ie/chocolate-factory.html

Last I've heard is that the public are no longer permitted into Chocolate Factory, a whole load of council bullsh*t stopping these things from developing.
    There are a LOT of places in Dublin like this, you need to look for them. There's a brilliant space up near Google / Facebook etc.
    Council are hampering it all though.
    I believe thre was a piece in the Times the other week, do a wuick serarch on the times website.

Advertisement