Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GHD Curls

• 27-08-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have been attempting to achieve the infamous GHD curl, however I find it hard to get the GHD to slide down my hair, like it's a complete struggle to get it from root to tip:confused:. Is there anything I can get to help this along, serums, sprays gels things of that nature?

Any help be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have been attempting to achieve the infamous GHD curl, however I find it hard to get the GHD to slide down my hair, like it's a complete struggle to get it from root to tip:confused:. Is there anything I can get to help this along, serums, sprays gels things of that nature?

Any help be great :D

I would lash on the conditioner when you wash your hair, and preferably leave it on for 5mins or more before rinsing, I use a l'oreal one in a pink bottle, can post link later, then use a curl enhancing cream before blowdrying, just a tiny blob, and more before curling. My hair is so prone to frizz that I generally straighten it before doing ghd curls, it makes it much more silky and gives more defined curls. Then spray a light mist of hairspray on each curl, I use elnett, and run fingers through at the end to take the unnatural look off it! The curl cream I use is also l'oreal and comes in a pink bottle, again I'll post the link later this evening! Try not to press the ghd too tight when curling as that makes the hair snag and the curls less smooth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Update! Here's the conditioner http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Elvive-Smooth-Polish-Perfecting-Conditioner-400ml_1311169/ I use the shampoo too, great range. The curl cream I used to get seems to be gone off the market after their recent rebranding but you get the picture, I think Lee Stafford does a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

This sometimes happens to me too... I think trick is to keep the GHD moving and turning! I think dee is right-loads of condition to make it soft too!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmybob13

Hey just seen this thread in my email updates for this forum! ......I know its going off GHD's.......but Im wondering about curling too!

I would absolutely love to have nice curls,.....for nights out and day to day....sometimes stickin on the make up and quickly doing the hair cheers me up even if Im just going into town for milk haha! .......but I cant seem to curl my hair with the straightner I have, and cant afford to fork out for a GHD just yet :/

My hairs straight enough! All it needs to straighten 100% is a quick 1 drag of the irons. So my hair should be easy to curl!

I have a Remington I think, its not as skinny as the GHD of course. How can I curl it with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

timmybob13 wrote: »
    Hey just seen this thread in my email updates for this forum! ......I know its going off GHD's.......but Im wondering about curling too!

I would absolutely love to have nice curls,.....for nights out and day to day....sometimes stickin on the make up and quickly doing the hair cheers me up even if Im just going into town for milk haha! .......but I cant seem to curl my hair with the straightner I have, and cant afford to fork out for a GHD just yet :/

My hairs straight enough! All it needs to straighten 100% is a quick 1 drag of the irons. So my hair should be easy to curl!

I have a Remington I think, its not as skinny as the GHD of course. How can I curl it with that?

I wouldn't say straight hair neccessarily makes curling easy. Your hair has to hold a curl. Mine would be like yours and while I can do ghd curls they fall out pretty quickly. Always has been the case, even hairdresser reckons my hair just won't keep a curl in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My hair is naturally wavy, with curls at the end. But it won't hold GHD curls at all! The only way I can get really nice curls in my hair is with rollers. It goes into curls at the ends if I let it dry naturally, but they're not very refined. I'd love so much to be able to have lovely long hair with big bouncy curls at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmybob13

Aw, so theres no hope for me, haha.....aww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Some hair doesn't take GHD curls well, and its not just the straight hair either. I have naturally curly hair - as in defined finger width corkscrew curls but whenever I get GHD curls done (even in a salon) they drop out within a half hour and I end up looking like a drenched emo cat :(

Maybe look at a budget curling wand/tongs if you're happy with your current straightener? I saved up my Boots pts and got a remington one with a giant barrel (wide like a toilet roll insert!) for when I want to have those big bouncy curls, and for some reason the curling tongs works perfectly compared to the disaster that is GHD curls for me.

Maybe see if you have family/friend that could loan you something like a wide barrel tongs to give it a try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My takes GHD curls well when my hairdresser does it. But not me. I just can't do it and I've given up and accepted I have to pay someone else for me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I find that barrel tongs for curling work much better than the GHDs for me anyway. My ends always look really haggard and dry with GHD curls and I just can't get enough volume at the root with the GHDs to make it look natural!

Got curling tongs for Xmas last year at 12 bucks and they do a great job, but they're a tad tight - going to look into getting a bigger barrel now that my hair is longer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement