Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External harddrive

Options
  • 27-08-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have a 1TB Iomega external HDD and its a normal size hdd so it has to be plug into the wall and pc for power , and it will turn itself off if not being used within a certain time so i went into advanced power settings and looked to see if it was something in there but it all looked like it should stay running , so i dont no any other way to keep it on , any one no a solution ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Have you set this to Never?

Hx2kIP5.jpg

And make sure, write cache is enabled for this drive (Device Manager, Drive Properties > Policies)

tFP5bx3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Torqay wrote: »
    Have you set this to Never?

Hx2kIP5.jpg

And make sure, write cache is enabled for this drive (Device Manager, Drive Properties > Policies)

tFP5bx3.jpg

Plugged in doesnt come up on mine ? how would i sort that out ?

LukeyKid wrote: »
    Plugged in doesnt come up on mine ? how would i sort that out ?
    That only shows up if you have a laptop.

Most external HDDs nowadays have their own spindown modes, separate from the OS.

The manufacturer website may have a utility to control it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

That only shows up if you have a laptop.

Most external HDDs nowadays have their own spindown modes, separate from the OS.

The manufacturer website may have a utility to control it.

Ill have a look there thanks for the help lads :)

Advertisement