Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best security suit?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

Hi a friend of mine is running a small business(2 pc's) and wants antivirus etc put on it.

I have always used avast,malwarebytes and spybot with no problem.the downside you have to do the update's and scans yourself.

He's a complete technophobe so couldnt promise he'd do the updates and scans himself.Is there any good suits out there that would be automated?He doesnt mind paying for it.

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

returnNull wrote: »
    He doesnt mind paying for it.

He wouldn't have much of a choice, as most of the freebies explicitly prohibt the usage in a commecrial environment. ;)

I'd recommend Symantec Endpoint Protection, small business license cost €24 per computer/year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Torqay wrote: »
    He wouldn't have much of a choice, as most of the freebies explicitly prohibt the usage in a commecrial environment. ;)
    who reads the licences anyway! :)

cheers anyway..and 24€ is f-all really

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

returnNull wrote: »
    who reads the licences anyway! :)
    People who don't want to be sued :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Torqay wrote: »

I'd recommend Symantec Endpoint Protection, small business license cost €24 per computer/year.

+1

Our company is very security conscious and uses that.

thanks all

• Advertisement

I presume its straight forward to set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Yup endpoint is a simple install.

Advertisement