Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 7 Thread

• 27-08-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Alright lads a new season is upon us and so we must choose our draft date. Competing this year will be:

Adamcp898 - Harry's Honey Badgers
    In Exile - De Dum Dums
    keithdelahunty - Heisenburg Men
    Nikki2510 - The Purple Squirrels
    BKWDR - Dingle Dogs
    Copper_pipe - Limerick Cowboys
    kingcobra - Craggy Island Trojans
    Podge-ir - TDM
    Keno 92 - The Butt Fumblers
    spiritcrusher - Midnight Ramblers
    Follow the Plan - Ochochinco
    dojojoe - Tig Besticles
    elarkin - Chang Time
    BEP! - Tara Royals
    FastFullBack - RomaSuck Raiders
    theRB -

Vote for your preference as to when we should draft next week. I've purposely left out the weekend dates to allow for enough time to get as big a picture as possible as to every player's status but if enough people want it at the weekend then we can do it then.

With the first pick in the draft.......... 16 votes

Monday 2nd @ 8 PM
    0% 0 votes
    Monday 2nd @ 9 PM
    6% 1 vote
    Tuesday 3rd @ 8 PM
    68% 11 votes
    Tuesday 3rd @ 9 PM
    12% 2 votes
    Wednesday 4th @ 8 PM
    6% 1 vote
    Wednesday 4th @ 9 PM
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Looking forward to it, I notice there's an odd number of teams in that list though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

theRB wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, I notice there's an odd number of teams in that list though?

Sure didn't I leave out myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

To be honest I don't think any date suits me as I'm moving in and starting college, although I accept that we can't do it any other date. If ever there was a time to suit me best, Monday at 9pm would probably be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Personally I'd like Sunday (1-Sept) but if weekend not an option, Monday only other day that suits me as travelling rest if the week

kingcobra wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think any date suits me as I'm moving in and starting college, although I accept that we can't do it any other date. If ever there was a time to suit me best, Monday at 9pm would probably be the best.
    Personally I'd like Sunday (1-Sept) but if weekend not an option, Monday only other day that suits me as travelling rest if the week

That's fine lads, if enough people post saying the same thing I'll add the weekend days as an option :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Dub v Kerry day...

I think Monday night maybe if ppl are OK with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I voted Monday at 9 but Wednesday is also good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Any day at 9pm is my preference. Means I'll be arriving into work for 6am to start the draft! Great!

In Exile wrote: »
    Any day at 9pm is my preference. Means I'll be arriving into work for 6am to start the draft! Great!

Where you living overseas?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Where you living overseas?

I'm in Melbourne

• Advertisement

I'm in Melbourne

NFL games in the morning then...probably better than post midnight

NFL games in the morning then...probably better than post midnight

It is good and bad. By the time I wake up in the mornings I have already missed the early games. I used to love coming home early on a Sunday evening and hitting the couch watching the earlier games.

However, it makes Monday's in the office very easy to work! I use two computer screens, but on Monday's the laptop is used only for the espn scorecentre. For 5 months of the year I actually like working Mondays

Adamcp898,

Question, First year doing Fantasy football on Boards, although been playing for years using Yahoo. I noticed on NFL.com that our Draft is set as an Offline draft rather than an interactive draft using the website, is that correct and can you explain how this works. I am used to website auto determining draft order and then selecting player round by round directly on website.

Adamcp898,

Question, First year doing Fantasy football on Boards, although been playing for years using Yahoo. I noticed on NFL.com that our Draft is set as an Offline draft rather than an interactive draft using the website, is that correct and can you explain how this works. I am used to website auto determining draft order and then selecting player round by round directly on website.

It'll be set to a live online draft, I'm just waiting for us to decide a date because it asks you to set the date and time whenever you select it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Weekend is a complete no-go for me. I went Tuesday at 8, but can do Monday as well.

Quick question, as a newbie, If I edit my Pre-Draft Ranking on the NFL site, when the draft box opens will all those players be already selected in the top right corner of the window?

Quick question, as a newbie, If I edit my Pre-Draft Ranking on the NFL site, when the draft box opens will all those players be already selected in the top right corner of the window?

What do you mean exactly? When you edit your pre-draft rankings, when you open the draft client to do the draft they will all be listed by your own custom rankings, so it's easier for you to see what players you like are available and if you aren't online it'll autopick them based on your rankings.

theRB wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly? When you edit your pre-draft rankings, when you open the draft client to do the draft they will all be listed by your own custom rankings, so it's easier for you to see what players you like are available and if you aren't online it'll autopick them based on your rankings.

Yeah that's what I mean I think

So what's going on with the draft? Tomorrow at 9pm?

Alright lads, I think I can safely call this one, draft will be tomorrow night at 9 PM, or early in the morning for the Aussie based participant(s).

Either way, go to sleep now dreaming of pick 1 and enjoying watching all day AP for the rest of the year instead of berating him when he comes up against your team.

• Advertisement

I'm sick. Have all my draft done and ready to go. Went onto the NFL website to get a feel of the draft site and turns out the work laptop's flash player isn't up to scratch to run the website.

Looks like automated draft for me unless I can get it working on my phone.

How far in advance will we know our Draft Order?

What odds on Adrian Peterson not be #1?

Who will be first QB, Brees or Rodgers?

It should be randomised half an hour before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm sick. Have all my draft done and ready to go. Went onto the NFL website to get a feel of the draft site and turns out the work laptop's flash player isn't up to scratch to run the website.

Looks like automated draft for me unless I can get it working on my phone.

Surely you can download an updated version of flash?

16th overall pick in Round 1 that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

9th myself.

I only found out late this was on today. Have done no research.

8th!

Have done no research, only just a couple mocks...

any last minute advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

8th!

Have done no research, only just a couple mocks...

any last minute advice?

Oakland Raiders are going big this year.

Apparently there's always some lunatic who starts the run on QB's.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    Oakland Raiders are going big this year.

drafts ALL the Raiders team...

Advertisement