Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

my train wreck of a team is up to 4-6... more wins than i thought I get this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Back up to 5-5, happy with that but still in 10th place.
    What does it take to make playoff..... I'd be happy if i scraped into a wild card position (if that was possible!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Playoffs are only top 6..very tough. I would say you need 8-5 to be sure...7-6 could be a tie-breaker. Only 3 games left..all to play for.

8-5.... well that'll take a miracle to make that grade. Another tough season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

In the playoff mixup with 6-4 but some really tough matchups to come.

Having missed out on the playoffs last year, I'd be gutted to miss out this year.

By the by, anyone interested in trading for Austin Sefarian Jenkins (TE). He's just off a good week with ~TB and with Josh McCown back at QB the bigger targets will get more accurate service from QB.

I have Gronk so im sorted at TE, but if anyone had an OK RB they wanted to trade for him I'd be happy to trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

The playoff hunt is getting exciting! 5 teams locked at 6-4, luckily I'm up with the tie-breaker, but I'm facing a motivated East Kimmage Steelers this weekend...
    Don't think 7 games will be enough at this stage to make the playoff!

We don't go out without a fight aferru, should be a close one

PauloConn wrote: »
    We don't go out without a fight aferru, should be a close one

Best of luck EKS, it will be a close one either way!

This week and last week a couple of teams not setting lineups and leaving bye players in the starting lineup. Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i have a space in my team at te - drafted cameron like a dope! Apologies but peeping tomlinsons had me well beat in any case!

• Advertisement

Another close matchup for the Kerry Kings this week, against the Super Donnollys!

5 points in it, and I only have 1 player left to play!

My hopes rest on Kendall Wright's shoulders to pick up 5 points, something he has done in 5 out of 9 games so far this year. So basically 50/50 as to whether I get a vital win to put me at 7-4

Paddy Power have his over/under Yards mark at 54.5 so It's going to be insanely close! 1 TD would ease my fears.

Pity they have Zach Mettenberger at QB :O

Go Titans :P

Moved to 5th with 6-5 but 1 loss could throw you into relegation. Massive week. Toonraiders next who have bounced back into the W column. going to be a right scrap.
    Looks like Decker and Tomlinsons have made the play off's anyway.....

PauloConn wrote: »
    Moved to 5th with 6-5 but 1 loss could throw you into relegation. Massive week. Toonraiders next who have bounced back into the W column. going to be a right scrap.
    Looks like Decker and Tomlinsons have made the play off's anyway.....

Massive defeat, with 6-5 from 3rd to 10th... You crashed me like a grape!
    Fair dues EKS, for me now heads down and make the best of the remaining two weeks!

aferru wrote: »
    Massive defeat, with 6-5 from 3rd to 10th... You crashed me like a grape!
    Fair dues EKS, for me now heads down and make the best of the remaining two weeks!

1 win and anyone from 10th to 5th is back in the playoff's.
    I can't stress how massive this week is. Need all teams to get active and make sure that every place in that playoff was earned!!!!

Agree with you PauloConn, it is my first year, so I don't know if at this stage of the season there is so little to divide so many teams, but it is fair that every team put the same effort to give a fair chance to all.
    I say the next two weeks will be massive, really enjoying it!

The more I play this game the more Im convinced you need an elite QB in your team. Rodgers and Manning can average 25-30 pts some weeks if not most weeks and that goes a long way to your magical 90-100pts that should get you a win in a 16 team league.

I never picked QB's in rounds 1 or 2 but I got lucky with Luck (pardon the pun) this year in rnd 3 I think. Seeing the numbers some of the QB's put up on a regular basis is pushing me towards going with an elite QB in rnd 1 or at least 2 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i think this year more than any with running back committees - also with the amount of wr's that qbs have to choose from the only ones that really do rack up the points is the qbs! definately reviewing my strategy next year!!

You get an underrated RB and you're going to make a big difference too. QB's are of course essential but only 3-4 that average over 20 per game

RB's early in the draft are essential. My take on QB's is you want to be either one of the first or one of the last. If you miss the elite better stock up in RB's or WR's.

Anyone looking for a decent QB (Russell Wilson or Mathew Stafford?)

Make me an offer I can't refuse :P

(Preferably a RB)

(I'm the Kerry Kings)

• Advertisement

RB's early in the draft are essential. My take on QB's is you want to be either one of the first or one of the last. If you miss the elite better stock up in RB's or WR's.

Its a gamble though isnt it..Look at Breez, Stafford, Wilson and Cap this year..they were pretty much nailed on for big years...have been very mediocre.

Imagine taking Brees with your 1st pick. I agree about the RB's and WR's. Only problem is the ball is getting spread around so much in the game now with committees and TE's taking receptions from receivers its really difficult to predict who will run up the big numbers.

setanta74 wrote: »
    Its a gamble though isnt it..Look at Breez, Stafford, Wilson and Cap this year..they were pretty much nailed on for big years...have been very mediocre.

Imagine taking Brees with your 1st pick. I agree about the RB's and WR's. Only problem is the ball is getting spread around so much in the game now with committees and TE's taking receptions from receivers its really difficult to predict who will run up the big numbers.

Hey, I got Brees as my first pick!!!! :P
    Also got LeVeon Bell as well who was way further down the field and has been my saviour this season.
    That and picking up during the bye weeks has saved me for the most part.
    Although most of my first string is on bye weeks so giving the 2nd string a chance to stake a claim

My bad...Brees wasnt a great example. He has done better than I thought although he did average 26+ pts a game over the last 2 seasons. This year in 10 games I think its 22pts so a drop all the same but I would take that average each week from my QB.

Worth a no.1 pick?...not sure..thats what Im trying to work out.

Its ok, only messing. Sure there are only about 5-6 who will break 250 points so with a 16 man draft that leaves alot of the mid carders.

Got slaughtered last night.... the dream is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Have a lot riding on Monday night this week - If I can hold off Super Donnelly (with a 4 point lead and 2 players left to his 1), I'm playoffs bound. If not then I'm needing a win next week against Peeping Tomlinsons to have a chance at tiebreaking my way in...

Don't see myself sleeping too easily tonight.

So the playoff picture gets a little clearer, Raphael being the form team with 4 wins on the spin to put themselves in contention....
    But still could go to points as far down as 11th, will be an interesting final week.

Super clash between me and Wilfork For Cash. Both 7-5, the winner take it to the playoffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Super clash between me and Wilfork For Cash. Both 7-5, the winner take it to the playoffs...

Yeah, two quite evenly matched teams. I don't fancy my running backs this week though, both are in tough matchups. I thought my WR's were a strong unit but yours are as good if not better.

I've beaten the systems prediction of a 2-11, must go down as a successful season on that basis alone!

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    Yeah, two quite evenly matched teams. I don't fancy my running backs this week though, both are in tough matchups. I thought my WR's were a strong unit but yours are as good if not better.

I've beaten the systems prediction of a 2-11, must go down as a successful season on that basis alone!

Yeah, me too. My team of hopefuls broke the spread.
    so proud of them

Advertisement