Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Delighted to have a bye week in the playoffs. Can actually relax and enjoy the games that week without checking the fantasy stats every 5 minutes ;-) Brilliant scramble for the playoff spots. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Congrats. I'll be sick this week, hoping to get the results to land in the playoffs, at 7-4.

Would be gutted to miss out at this stage!

Playoffs going up in smoke already with my opponent having Jeffrey and Cutler.

Walked that TD in against the Lions.

Lions D is pathetic. :(

Ugh, 3 series for the Bears... 2 TD's for Jeffreys!

Fúck this shít, footballing gods hate me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

DBIreland wrote:
    I don't fancy my running backs this week...

both gore and romo failed to score 4 points, dan bailey scored more points than romo! the wheels are coming off this run to the playoffs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

DBIreland wrote: »
    both gore and romo failed to score 4 points, dan bailey scored more points than romo! the wheels are coming off this run to the playoffs...

Last night for DAL and SF owners was the Thanksgiving massacre!!! Thank god I've bench Kaep, surely Mettenberger cannot do less points...can't he?
    You still have very strong WR's matchups, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, can anyone explain how the playoffs work please? For example, how many go through? When do they start? If you make the playoffs, are you promoted next season? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads, can anyone explain how the playoffs work please? For example, how many go through? When do they start? If you make the playoffs, are you promoted next season? Thanks :)

6 teams go through:

4 Winners of their divisions and the next best 2 ranked teams.
    Top 2 ranked skip wildcard round
    Wildcard round starts next week.
    Top 4 ranked teams get promoted

There are no divisions in Division 7.

It looks like 6 go through to playoffs, top 2 get a bye. 3rd ranked plays 6th ranked and 4th plays 5th in week 14. In week 15 the winners from week 14 play the 2 top ranked teams. Week 16 is the Final. No matches in week 17.

There is a Consolidation playoff for teams ranked 7th through 12th and these follow a similar pattern.

Teams 13th - 16th get the rest of the season off!

To see how the playoff picture looks you can click 'PLAYOFFS' just above the League Standings on the League page.

DBIreland wrote: »
    There are no divisions in Division 7.

Why is there no divisions? That will need to be fixed to follow suit with the settings like the rest of the leagues next season.

• Advertisement

-40 points...goodbye playoff dream...

aferru wrote: »
    -40 points...goodbye playoff dream...
    Same here.

Going to miss out on points difference.

Been in the top 6 all year, gutted.

It doesn't come down to points difference, it is head to head record. There could be 7 teams on 7-6 if results stay as they are. Too complicated to go through all the past results to work out who would be placed where. Don't count anything out until Tuesday morning!

Edit: maybe if you haven't played a team you have an equal record with then it will come down to points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TO. wrote: »
    Why is there no divisions? That will need to be fixed to follow suit with the settings like the rest of the leagues next season.

exactly. there is a set format and settings through all the boards leagues. Div 7 has to follow suit.

Some crazy scramble for playoff spots. Looks like 6 or 7 of you are fighting over 2 spots on 7-6. Be interesting to see how the tie-breaker works this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

D3PO wrote: »
    exactly. there is a set format and settings through all the boards leagues. Div 7 has to follow suit.

The division was setup based on the standard boards league as far as i know. Shouldn't be any different and was using TO's screen grab for the setup.
    But bringing this up in week 13 is a bit late

PauloConn wrote: »

no its late for this season, but its not to late to fix it for next year.

And thats the end of the regular season in boards division 7, can't believe i just missed out to Toonraiders but still glad to have made a 7-6 season.
    Have a week off to consolidate and work towards the consolation bracket prize so at least we're not all out of it completely....

Any idea how the tie-breaker works?

setanta74 wrote: »
    Any idea how the tie-breaker works?

head to head.

if more than 2 teams then its head to head to head.

if teams haven't played each other then its points scored.

• Advertisement

Congrats to who made it to the playoff, and hard luck to who barely missed out, like myself...

Now time to experiment a little bit in the consolation title, and start to prepare for the next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Looks like my fantasy season is over. I suppose 5-8 with the 5th most points isn't bad for your first try certainly could have gone worse.

Made many silly mistakes particularly in the later rounds of the draft but at least I've realized them and wont make them again. Thought I done well on the waiver wire though which probably saved my season from being a complete failure.

Really enjoyed it overall and will definitely be back next year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Woo, I'm in the playoffs! That's an improvement on last year.

PauloConn wrote: »
    The division was setup based on the standard boards league as far as i know.

Clearly not if one division was used.
    Shouldn't be any different and was using TO's screen grab for the setup.

To be fair all my screen grabs showed 4 divisions. Every other division got it right division wise. The reason I brought it up is to make awareness for next season. My aim wasn't to tell you to do it now but to make sure you know it should have been 4. As D3PO pointed out its never too late to bring these things up.

Joemcn95 wrote: »
    Looks like my fantasy season is over.

it isn't over there is a consolation bracket playoff. :)

TO. wrote: »
    Clearly not if one division was used.

To be fair all my screen grabs showed 4 divisions. Every other division got it right division wise. The reason I brought it up is to make awareness for next season. My aim wasn't to tell you to do it now but to make sure you know it should have been 4. As D3PO pointed out its never too late to bring these things up.

Yep agreed. Sure everyone had a good season anyway and thats the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

next year I'll have to make the draft...

into the playoffs in both my other leagues (top score in a 10 team league, 2nd in a 12 team league) so still having a good fantasy year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

D3PO wrote: »
    it isn't over there is a consolation bracket playoff. :)
    But i'm ranked thirteenth. Consolation looks to be teams 7-12

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Good start to the playoffs for me. Jeffery has been gold all season. Cutler having a big night was a bonus too. I had a few bad weeks early on but my players have really hit form recently. Going to be tough this week with Shady up against Seattle D. But getting him going and Ingram back from injury has really turned my season around. I expect my wildcard game to go right to the wire with Lacy going against the soft Atlanta run D on Monday night.

• Advertisement

Can't believe Cutler got his highest score of the season when he has nothing to play for! Already 22 points down, it's going to take a good slice of luck to win from here.

Happy enough with Romo scoring 20 points after his haul of 3 last week, sweated for the last few days between him and Tannehill.

Advertisement