Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Don't want to jinx it, but things are looking pretty wrapped up in my first playoff game vs Toonraiders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I wouldn't go that far Raph, theres always stat corrections:)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Some right battles going on in the playoffs....

Super Donnelly's and Portlaoise Patriots look to have taken it before the Monday night game in the consolation bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

yeah still have cobb to play and 8 points ahead of fumble mumble! low scoring tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Feck the lot of ye :(

:P With by Bye Week in the consolation bracket, I found myself not watching a lot of football this weekend.

Was odd.

Still gutted to have missed out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

yeah still have cobb to play and 8 points ahead of fumble mumble! low scoring tho!!

Ye, another bad week for me. I'm still gutted that I've let go NYG Def and it's 27 points...!
    Good news wasn't the playoff bracket I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

DBIreland wrote: »
    Already 22 points down, it's going to take a good slice of luck to win from here.

Got my slice of luck, McCoy and Ingram had off weeks for the Hail Marys. We move on to the league leaders The Peeping Tomlinsons. Don't fancy my chances this week as both QB's have really tough match-ups and Gore faces the Seahawks D.

jonnybadd wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far Raph, theres always stat corrections:)

I don't think there's enough stat corrections in the world. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Got my slice of luck, McCoy and Ingram had off weeks for the Hail Marys. We move on to the league leaders The Peeping Tomlinsons. Don't fancy my chances this week as both QB's have really tough match-ups and Gore faces the Seahawks D.

Yeah yeah yeah..whatever :)...you have the best wide receiving corps in the league..its game over..you will win easy...Im happy knowing that top 4 guaranteed promotion so its been a successful year. Enjoy your victory :p

setanta74 wrote:
    Yeah yeah yeah..whatever ...you have the best wide receiving corps in the league..its game over..you will win easy...Im happy knowing that top 4 guaranteed promotion so its been a successful year. Enjoy your victory 

I do have a pretty great set of receivers but you have the number 1 ranked QB, RB, DEF and the number 2 ranked WR! strength everywhere.
    top 4 guarantees promotion? see you in div 6 next year!

• Advertisement

Feck it, been flip flopping on QB all week. Decision made, we go with Romo. He can't be as bad as he was against Eagles on Thanksgiving can he? Can't trust Tannehill in a big game in a cold Boston.

Now to worry about my TE situation.

FFS, I traded for a D last week, and it was on my bench, but I had a bye week.

Set my lineup this week and because its down the bottom forgot about it.

Steelers D playing well as well.

At least i'm not in the playoffs, or that would really piss me off.

I guess you could still pick up a defence that has not played yet and plug them in. You would have to drop a player from your roster that has not played yet. Might be worth a chance.

Totally forgot about that. Thanks.

Some interesting lineup choices from Decker Like Rice today... I'm not expecting a big game from Ryan Matthews myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Some scalps were had last night..... Need Brees to get more than 2 points to progress....
    In my other league where i had a 9 game winning streak my team decided to implode. Rage-ahol everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Congrats to Wilfork. My run was spluttering towards the end of the season. Had a great year though and am delighted with another promotion. Best of luck in the finals dudes and thanks Paul for running the league.

Had a good win last night but as usual the whole thing is a game of luck. I got TD's and the Tomlinsons got fumbles. It's great to have something to look forward to next weekend, I hope i don't regret trading Evans to the Racial Epithets!

Had a good win last night bThe ut as usual the whole thing is a game of luck. I got TD's and the Tomlinsons got fumbles. It's great to have something to look forward to next weekend, I hope i don't regret trading Evans to the Racial Epithets!

I don't know about that. After all, Stewart's been a huge part of your... Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done to 'Roebuck Racial Epithets' on the win last night and best of luck in the final mate.

The Championship Bracket was a step too far for me, but I'm delighted to get that far in my first season. Highlights of the year were probably Miller, Hopkins and Allen doing so well as lower round picks. Lowlights probably Reggie Bush and Ryan Mathews (two of my higher picks') injury problems. I definitely need to learn to play the waiver wire a bit better but it's all a learning process.

Thanks for a very enjoyable first season of fantasy football lads. :)

• Advertisement

The Waiver Wire is a tricksy and complex beast, but it's the key to victory alright. It's always fun to look back over the season and see which draft picks stayed with you and which were quickly set aside.

Congrats on making the playoffs in your rookie season! Sorry I had to bring your dreams crashing down. Not that sorry, mind you.

TO THE SHIVABOWL!

My team are breaking down at the final hurdle! Lacy is blind, Gore concussed and Hilton did his hammer and there is talk they will sit him with a view to having him fresh for the post season! I need one more week from you guys, suck it up!

Pfft, ODBJesus will probably just toss the whole team on his back and carry you to victory. It's what he's done for the Giants...

Raphael wrote: »
    Pfft, ODBJesus will probably just toss the whole team on his back and carry you to victory. It's what he's done for the Giants...

Or, y'know, they might just both be fine. ;_;

Congrats to Wilfork for Cash on winning the league.

Congrats to the East Kimmage Steelers for winning the consolation Final against my own Kerry Kings. One of the lowest scoring matchups this year I'd imagine, especially with my 64 points on the bench! One of my several faux pas this year!

Hoping everyone (who wasn't promoted) is back next year again for another go.

Congrats Wilfork, twas well earned. I'm happy enough to have soundly beaten the prediction of 16th place I was given after the draft.

Shivakamini Somakandarkram

Shows what those predictions mean, the final was against the team they guessed would be 15th and 16th!

Delighted to win this league, it is the most difficult league I have played in. Nobody gives up half way through and the waiver wire is always busy so picking up players is tough. Nearly every week the list of players recommended on deep dive waiver wire articles are already gone.

It will be weird watching football this weekend without players to root for.

See ye again in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

great league again this year guys - kinda sad that its done and dusted! Well done to Wilfork!
    Finishing 9th in the consoldation playoffs was my season highlight haha!

BUST OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE - Cordarelle Patterson!

BUST OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE - Cordarelle Patterson!

My draft bust of the year was Vernon Davis. I went and grabbed a TE sort of early as the pool was shallow, I shouldn't have bothered. He did the square root of feic all all season.

• Advertisement

Mine was Bishop Sankey in the 4th round. Was just desperate for RBs at that point.

Advertisement