Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Draft has been set on NFL.com now so next week is Draft Day...

Good point raised, what will the draft clock be set for? Goin with 60 seconds as default

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

I'm happy with that - could do 45 to keep things moving, but no more than 60sec

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, you all ready for tonight? I'm really looking forward to it but hope I don't make a mess of it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

It should be good fun - remember to get the beers in!

Don't worry about making a mess - In bigger leagues like this one, your first few picks are crucial. Read some rankings by different sources and get a feel for the top 5-10 players at each position. After that, its a crap shoot!

I think it was mentioned here before, but FantasyPros is a great resource for getting a summary view of where players are ranked.

If you want to get REALLY nerdy, you can compare ADP (Avergage Draft Position) to RANK i.e. this guys is ranked really highly, but isn't getting drafted until later rounds. This is how you get good value for each of your picks.

In reality though, there aren't many games in the season, there are a ton of variables (including season ending injuries), and muppets like me overthink everything and end up finishing last!

Worst case scenario, you'll make watching NFL much more interesting - best case, you're keen analysis will make you feel like an Irish Nate Silver!

• Advertisement

Can't wait for this evening already. No idea who i'm going to pick, totally random stuff altogether. exactly how i want it

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

cant wait for the draft guys - as greebow says just go with it - you can put serious effort into and finish last - i was in a league last year that the guy who won didnt draft - it was autodraft... sickener!!
    The one thing i will say is i did a draft last week and ppl were drafting DST at round 5 and K at round 8 - thats just silly lads - it just annoys me because there is no need to go that early - there is more value with the depth at wr this year!

The trick is to get the 3 best defences early and trade out for QB's and RB's.
    I'm hoping this year, it actually works

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Time Per Pick:15 seconds

Do we only get 15 seconds to make our pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Joemcn95 wrote: »
    Do we only get 15 seconds to make our pick?

looks like it. that needs to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Normally 60 or 90 seconds per pick i think.

I'll update it this evening to 45 seconds, 90 or even 60 will make it long especially if alot of people not logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

PauloConn wrote: »
    I'll update it this evening to 45 seconds, 90 or even 60 will make it long especially if alot of people not logging in

anyone not logged on is autopicked immediately, you don't wait (so the more people that don't log on the faster the draft will actually be). 60 seconds is about right.

Grand, 60 seconds it is so. Just make sure you have the pot of tea in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sorry Paul won't be able to make the draft tonight. I have my top 70 or so sorted so hopefully I don't go defense with my first 3 picks :P

Gutted as I was really looking forward to it.

Best of luck everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Are we drafting at 9pm or 10pm?

9pm per the raffle / survey yoke
    given that it will throw you into another draft this may be messy so if people get online for 8.30 and make sure its all working we should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Can't wait for this lads. I'm here this year so at least if I do as poorly as last year its my own fault!

The time seems to be set for 10pm. Is anyone else seeing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too.

• Advertisement

me too

Just pm'd the GM. Not sure if were too close now to change it

Its set in EDT for me but the earliest i can push it back to is 5.30pm so hopefully thats 9.30... messy already

half 9 is still good

Works for me, hopefully no more hiccoughs. Has anyone drafted through the app in any other leagues yet?

mental question but where do we see the league for the draft???

jonnybadd i drafted on the app last week - was grand!! except i clicked to draft instead of clicking to view info - but its grand man

Grand thanks for the info.

Another thing, is it easy to discern who's logged in vs auto picking? And does anyone know what order the autopick takes I.e. if someone is auto picking what round does it take a kicker/DST in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

For the autopick order I think I takes the actual order you set under the "edit preferred position" in options, where yuo can choose wihic position pick at every round

Advertisement