Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Phy to bio for leaving cert

• 27-08-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hey

i did phy in 4th year..didn't like it (wasn't good)..i found it boring

i want to move from phy to bio..would that be a wise choice?...i accually like biology..(now don't be a smartarse :pand ask why didn't u choose it in 4 year then).. i don't want to do that phy again :(

just wondering if bio is hard?(i know its interesting )

My sub

che
    phy(want to change)
    maths
    fre
    eng
    engr
    irish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

viperockz wrote: »
    hey

i did phy in 4 year..didn't like it (wasn't good)..i found it boring

i want to move from phy to bio..would that be a wise choice?...i accually like biology..(now don't be a smartarse :pand ask why didn't u choose it in 4 year then)..cause i don't want to do that phy again :(

What year are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

going into leaving cert

finished 4th year

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

going into leaving cert

finished 4th year

So basically..you haven't started the Leaving Cert course?

If that's the case I'd say it's pretty safe alright, in fact I don't see how it could get any safer.

Or did the other class cover some of the Leaving Cert biology course in TY?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buubba

I found biology fascinating and very interesting to study, it was definitely one of my favourite subjects especially coming up to the exams, studying it was like taking a break :) the course is quite big so it can get a bit frustrating at times as you have to know more or less everything. I moved from physics to art in 4 th year too because I hated it and I couldn't be happier that I did because at least I had some interest in art. I'd say you should go for it, just keep on top of your work and you should be fine and good luck !

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    So basically..you haven't started the Leaving Cert course?

If that's the case I'd say it's pretty safe alright, in fact I don't see how it could get any safer.

Or did the other class cover some of the Leaving Cert biology course in TY?

ohh god no

its the other way round...i did phy in 4th year..lc bio already started in 4th year.

now i am going into lc..i want to move from phy to bio...(i need to cover 1 yr course that i missed in 4th year as well as lc course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Not sure what you're trying to say. In my school, 4th year isnt academic so the subjects we do don't matter, i would assume that ye didn't cover a lot of the biology course in 4th year though? If you're going into 5th year, then they will probably start again. If you think you would enjoy/do well in biology as opposed to physics then there is no problem. You probably know the same amount most other 5th year students in the country know.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

I think you'd be alright with that, is TY optional in your school? Because you'd know the same amount of bio as people who skipped TY so you'd be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think some schools refer to 5th year as 4th year, TY as TY, and 6th year as 5th year. It's kinda unclear OP, might wanna clear that up. ;)

omggggg i ll kill myself..

this is how it works in my school

1st yr
    2nd yr
    3rd yr

1,2,3 are junior cert

t.y - is optional

4th yr
    5th yr ( leaving cert)
    4,5 are leaving cert

then
    collage

i didn't do bio in my 4th yr..now i m doing my 5th yr (that's lc)..

all clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

omggggg i ll kill myself..

this is how it works in my school

1st yr
    2nd yr
    3rd yr

1,2,3 are junior cert

t.y - is optional

4th yr
    5th yr ( leaving cert)
    4,5 are leaving cert

then
    collage

i didn't do bio in my 4th yr..now i m doing my 5th yr (that's lc)..

all clear?

Ok then cranky pants then you should know what you did in 4th year is of no relevance to anything. Biology isn't as hard as physics imo. However if you're good at maths, you're probably gonna be better at physics. Biology is a lot of understanding/learning and as the course is so big you can't condense much of the info down. Ask your bio teacher for advice, the choices you make now are crucial to your future.

• Advertisement

oncex wrote: »
    Ok then cranky pants then you should know what you did in 4th year is of no relevance to anything. Biology isn't as hard as physics imo. However if you're good at maths, you're probably gonna be better at physics. Biology is a lot of understanding/learning and as the course is so big you can't condense much of the info down. Ask your bio teacher for advice, the choices you make now are crucial to your future.

thank ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

hey

i did phy in 4th year..didn't like it (wasn't good)..i found it boring

i want to move from phy to bio..would that be a wise choice?...i accually like biology..(now don't be a smartarse :pand ask why didn't u choose it in 4 year then).. i don't want to do that phy again :(

My sub

che
    phy(want to change)
    maths
    fre
    eng
    engr
    irish

I know that you don't want to continue with phy but i would strongly advise that you do not do biology in one year ,the course is huge! many students barely finish it in the two years nevermind one and they would have already covered about half the course.I suggest you try to get more help with phy, a grind if you can but you know how good you are in school/studying so it is up to you.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I know that you don't want to continue with phy but i would strongly advise that you do not do biology in one year ,the course is huge! many students barely finish it in the two years nevermind one and they would have already covered about half the course.I suggest you try to get more help with phy, a grind if you can but you know how good you are in school/studying so it is up to you.

sound....

now i don't know what to do..one day left to decide:mad:

sound....

now i don't know what to do..one day left to decide:mad:

I see you have 7 subjects, would you not consider just dropping phy altogether and doing 6 subjects?

I see you have 7 subjects, would you not consider just dropping phy altogether and doing 6 subjects?

problem is i need two science subjects for my course...( and i am really bad at irish)

problem is i need two science subjects for my course...( and i am really bad at irish)

Maybe you could take up ag science , i know the course is alot shorter! You would need to make sure that it counts as a second science for your course and that you would be able to get the project signed off , i don't know anything about that, someone else may post in here.

Maybe you could take up ag science , i know the course is alot shorter! You would need to make sure that it counts as a second science for your course and that you would be able to get the project signed off , i don't know anything about that, someone else may post in here.

thank ya

Advertisement