Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you've lost your way on a path, is it okay to try to follow it again?

• 27-08-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Hoping for some advice here.
    I want to try start on my spiritual journey again, on a path/with a spiritual group in which I have been made a part of. Is this okay? Does anyone else follow a spiritual practice and still manage to juggle a normal life?
    I feel I am being called on by the devine to come back to this path but I am nervous I will stray again, even though I don't want to. I don't feel I should ignore what I'm feeling, but am I right to be thinking this way?
    Sincere, respectful answers only please.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Of course it is okay to follow it again. It feels right for you doesn't it?

If you have a group and they are supportive, encouraging and committed they will always be there to help and guide you back should you fall off again.

Living a normal life is part of the spiritual life we lead. The days of being a hermit in a cave meditating are well over as, what use are you to others if you are locked away in a cave. What challenges will you have if you never meet others who show you the deep lessons about anger, arrogance etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

padma wrote: »
    Of course it is okay to follow it again. It feels right for you doesn't it?

If you have a group and they are supportive, encouraging and committed they will always be there to help and guide you back should you fall off again.

Living a normal life is part of the spiritual life we lead. The days of being a hermit in a cave meditating are well over as, what use are you to others if you are locked away in a cave. What challenges will you have if you never meet others who show you the deep lessons about anger, arrogance etc..

Hi Padma
    Thanks so much for your insiteful and helpful reply. I am nervous though for so many reasons, probably two many to list here and it might not be approapriat anyway.
    I just don't want to stray again or let anyone down. But to answer your question, yes, it does feel right that i should at least give it another chance, and like i said, i do feel like i'm being reached out to and that is why i feel i can't, and shouldn't ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Only do things that also feel right for you. If you have doubts or you are afraid, then you might want to reconsider it :)
    dont force it as well, let it come as it comes...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

To err is human. You try, you fail, you try again. Its the nature of life. Just make sure that any decisions you make are for you, and not because its what you feel is expected of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Hi afterglow.

Returning to the path is the way of this world - that is it's only purpose. The spiritual path is an inner journey that leads to peace. You probably already know that you have peace already.

We don't stray off the path, we choose something other than peace as our path or everything other than peace as our way of life. It is in the choice we make that our power of creation lies. If we continue to choose peace now (practice) over and over - well that leads to a peaceful life. If we choose to be angry or sad or hateful etc well that is the life that will be lived.

Practicing being peaceful is a way of life and has to be chosen daily and many times within the day but it does come at a price. You will have to let go of anger and the reason for it and sadness and the reason for it and hate and the reason for it and so on.....There is a simplicity to this. If you get angry for whatever reason- a conscious choice has been made that anger is your preferred state of being. This applies to all your negative feelings - they are being created instead of peace which is what we naturally create when we stop creating our own sh1t.

I have been practicing being peaceful for years and it has become my normal life, not in conjunction with or alongside another life to be juggled. Inner peace is carried by you into all aspects of life whatever that may entail. It is not quick fix as every day will bring 'invitations' to be angry and sad n stuff but that's life.

The Price of Life

The price of peace is conflict
    The price of heaven is hell
    The price of joy is sorrow
    Happiness will cost you suffering and pain
    The price of eternity is the past and the future
    Leaving now to exist again and again

Happy Every Day

P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Oryx wrote: »
    To err is human. You try, you fail, you try again. Its the nature of life. Just make sure that any decisions you make are for you, and not because its what you feel is expected of you.

I really love what you have wrote here, thank you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi all

Hoping for some advice here.
    I want to try start on my spiritual journey again, on a path/with a spiritual group in which I have been made a part of. Is this okay? Does anyone else follow a spiritual practice and still manage to juggle a normal life?
    I feel I am being called on by the devine to come back to this path but I am nervous I will stray again, even though I don't want to. I don't feel I should ignore what I'm feeling, but am I right to be thinking this way?
    Sincere, respectful answers only please.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

You have to learn to live in the world and find your place in it be of the world yet still reach for the moon. Maybe let the moon reach for you instead.

Some people find a place in the moon yet their place in the world falls. This is true in many ways. Some one attains great creative spiritual heights yet plummets on the worldly plane. Or in another way someone becomes rich or famous in their field but plummet in the world like Lindsay Lohan types. No matter how high you go in the world or in the stars unless you have both you will falter in either. Unless you balance the two you will be deeply unhappy with even the utmost of the other.

Don't let me tell you though. Or anyone. Too often people jump to the wrong conclusions and get off on one. Only you know ..it is your mystery and your path.

Advertisement