Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The picture Shatter painted right up to and including his comments on 'swingate' depict a party full of politicians concerned more about image than getting a credible job done.
    Varadkar appears to be a toxic influence as the ringleader of this.

The auld knee must be giving you gyp,Francie.

After the walloping your bhoys got I didn’t expect to see you around for a while.

Very gloomy around the Square, I hear.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    John and the Mrs. always remind me of the Modern Parents from Viz magazine.
    They've managed to raise at least two morons completely lacking in self awareness.

I could just about forgive them for Jonathan (RIP) because he did have a certain bohemian charm about him that was tolerable in small doses back in pre internet Ireland.

This Abie lad... Total man child.

Case in point (I'm bringing you all down with me)

Fcukin thing is like an Oliver Callan parody of southsider comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'm adding you to my ignore list after that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got just over 3 minutes and had to close it down. I feel sorry for the 19 people that appear to have shown up to that recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

This is what comes of too much positive reinforcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Damien appears to be barking at the interviewee

zell12 wrote: »
    Damien appears to be barking at the interviewee

I’d say he was told to toughen up and develop a bit more ‘edge’.

I think he is doing quite well. Not afraid to ask the hard questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The auld knee must be giving you gyp,Francie.

After the walloping your bhoys got I didn’t expect to see you around for a while.

Very gloomy around the Square, I hear.

Brendi...deflecting attention from the Government. Quelle suprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

kazamo wrote: »
    I think so, have been looking for the audio but can't get it.
    With the rain and thunder, would be a good laugh for a miserable Monday afternoon.

Here it is https://youtu.be/4CnesiL4Igk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Kenny B wrote: »

Much in the same way older FF TD's say Fine Gael using English pronunciation for the word Fine, antagonistic just for the sake of it,

Willie O'Dea does it all the time.

I don't think anyone is brave enough to correct the mustachioed little twerp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I'm not sure this guy is getting in to the spirit of the Presidential visit thing :-)

You may as well have got a United fan to report on the Champions League final win for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

lol he is a bitter little lemon:D

Johno Brennan is not happy. Serious tantrum.

Funny how Brennan does not like Trump.
    "My work focuses on European Union institutions and politics, and, specifically on the process and politics of the EU's Enlargement policy."

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/people/john-obrennan

Johno Brennan is not happy. Serious tantrum.

Funny how Brennan does not like Trump.
    "My work focuses on European Union institutions and politics, and, specifically on the process and politics of the EU's Enlargement policy."

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/people/john-obrennan
    What's European enlargement got to do with Trump?

What's European enlargement got to do with Trump?

Him being a supporter of BREXIT and all that.

Him being a supporter of BREXIT and all that.
    Bit tenuous, no? I think there's a stronger reason as to why Trump might not favour European enlargement, and it involves him assuming lordosis behaviour, although to expand on that would be a bit too graphic.

Bit tenuous, no? I think there's a stronger reason as to why Trump might not favour European enlargement, and it involves him assuming lordosis behaviour, although to expand on that would be a bit too graphic.

I've always had a problem with professors from Universities giving their "objective" opinions on such matters. I mean they got to their positions by conforming not by being radicals thinkers or going against the grain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Some rather annoying English politician on this morning, her tone & voice just grates.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Some rather annoying English politician on this morning, her tone & voice just grates.

Ann Widdicombe...nuttier than a squirrel's droppings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Is she related to that comic lad Josh Widdicombe who's on CH4 all the time? Hardly as he seems sound enough mostly.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Is she related to that comic lad Josh Widdicombe who's on CH4 all the time? Hardly as he seems sound enough mostly.

No relation.

That Shinner dude Gavin had his hoop handed to him big time on SOR today.

Regina took him apart trying to peddle an unworkable bill.

Louis Theroux once did a very interesting documentary with her. It is on YouTube. Real Norman Bates stuff. Her mother is in the house, but must not be seen or spoken to. Eventually Louis gets to speak to her, and Anne has a conniption.

Strange lady.

That Shinner dude Gavin had his hoop handed to him big time on SOR today.

Regina took him apart trying to peddle an unworkable bill.

You always know they are on the backfoot when the roll out the old "I didn't interrrupt you" line ... SF really should know that line is well beyond it's sell by date at this stage. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Louis Theroux once did a very interesting documentary with her. It is on YouTube. Real Norman Bates stuff. Her mother is in the house, but must not be seen or spoken to. Eventually Louis gets to speak to her, and Anne has a conniption.

Strange lady.
    If Louis got talking to the dead mother it would cause a hoolala .

Callan57 wrote: »
    You always know they are on the backfoot when the roll out the old "I didn't interrrupt you" line ... SF really should know that line is well beyond it's sell by date at this stage. ;)

Overplayed that card for sure.

This ‘tipping’ and ‘service charge’ area is very murky.

I hope that the tipping culture will never get a foothold in this country
    over and above the small areas it is relevant in.

Greatest load of bollox ever invented,in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Listen Sean let me be QUITE. CLEAR. on this, Sinn Fein does not support ......................

Overplayed that card for sure.

This ‘tipping’ and ‘service charge’ area is very murky.

I hope that the tipping culture will never get a foothold in this country
    over and above the small areas it is relevant in.

Greatest load of bollox ever invented,in my opinion.

Agree with you completly, it's a real throwback to the "grace & favour" days.
    People should be paid properly for the job they do ... I mean, you wouldn't go to tip the doctor would you?

Is there fierce money in tips these days that legislation is needed?

I spent a few years working in bars & hotels back in college, if ya had a tenner in tips at the end of the night it was a great night.

Most nights there was nothing though :(

• Advertisement

Is there fierce money in tips these days that legislation is needed?

I spent a few years working in bars & hotels back in college, if ya had a tenner in tips at the end of the night it was a great night.

Most nights there was nothing though :(
    We have a small cafe in the midlands. 10 euro for a full (7-8 hour) shift would be a bad day. 50 would be a very good day. That's for tips shared between kitchen and waitresses. No service charge. It isn't taxed on our side, and presumably they're not declaring it.

I reckon people earn more in Dublin restaurants, but everything depends on the price structure, number of staff and any service charge.

Agree with you completly, it's a real throwback to the "grace & favour" days.
    People should be paid properly for the job they do ... I mean, you wouldn't go to tip the doctor would you?

Yes,but, there’s always a ‘but’ isn’t there.

We are talking apples and oranges here aren’t we?

This “people should be paid properly” stuff always puzzles me.

That’s what the minimum wage is for isn’t it, I mean we pay ‘over and above’ we have to charge over and above, and folk cannot afford to pay. The business closes and everyone in back on the scratcher again.

Bit of a broad brush I know, but not a million miles from what happens.

Let's be honest here, the Shinners know infinitely more about taking down buildings than they do about putting them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Paddy o Gorman really hitting a new low. We're paying for these druggies. Some waste of money

Paddy o Gorman really hitting a new low. We're paying for these druggies. Some waste of money

What happened?

In fairness to Paddy, he's no bleeding heart.

What happened?

In fairness to Paddy, he's no bleeding heart.

Did a report from dubland city methadone clinic. Total waste of taxpayers money.

• Advertisement

Did a report from dubland city methadone clinic. Total waste of taxpayers money.
    Not sure I'd agree with you there Odyssey. I'd prefer if we could use that money more productively too, but what's the alternative? The methadone programme is a preventative cost, as opposed to the extra millions we'd need for healthcare and policing if methadone weren't available.

Must listen back to that slot, O'Gormans reports are always interesting

Not sure I'd agree with you there Odyssey. I'd prefer if we could use that money more productively too, but what's the alternative? The methadone programme is a preventative cost, as opposed to the extra millions we'd need for healthcare and policing if methadone weren't available.

Must listen back to that slot, O'Gormans reports are always interesting

Agreed,its a preventative cost,but these wasters were on coke(the columbian kind) crack and some other shyte. If PoG can see that,in plain sight,then those in power should also be able. Pure waste of money.
    Edit;I have no issues helping people out when they're down,(there for the grace of God etc..) but this is just taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A touch of shooting the messenger there.
    Paddy O'Gorman lifts the lid for us.

elperello wrote: »
    A touch of shooting the messenger there.
    Paddy O'Gorman lifts the lid for us.

Perhaps you are correct. It just boils my piss when I see money being wasted on these lot. I unreservedly apologise to PoG.

Listen teacher what the hell size of mortgage are you looking for?

You go to Dubai to make a pile of cash, get given a career break for it, get your full time job back when you return and then the minister has to go out to Dubai to listen to you complain.

• Advertisement

Listen teacher what the hell size of mortgage are you looking for?

You go to Dubai to make a pile of cash, get given a career break for it, get your full time job back when you return and then the minister has to go out to Dubai to listen to you complain.

Good call TopG. Time these leeches were called out and given a dose of reality.

Piss off and stay in Dubai, if it’s that great and see how you get on.

Middle Ireland is beginning to cop on to this kind of bulldust.

More of the hard pressed taxpayers need to call these folk out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dubai will be a great place for a front seat if/when things kick-off properly in the Gulf - Trumps inner circle are spoiling for a war.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Dubai will be a great place for a front seat if/when things kick-off properly in the Gulf - Trumps inner circle are spoiling for a war.
    Good idea to take the Iranians down a peg or two . Targeted assassination of the worst Iranian Leaders would be the way to go . Surely could be done effectively these days .

blinding wrote: »
    Good idea to take the Iranians down a peg or two . Targeted assassination of the worst Iranian Leaders would be the way to go . Surely could be done effectively these days .

And replace them with whom?

Most political leaders are experts in self-preservation. That implies a certain amount of control. Take the lid off the pot, and you might be alarmed at the chaos that follows. Just look at the Former Yugoslavia, or Iraq, or Syria and further down to a list that's as long as your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

Perhaps you are correct. It just boils my piss when I see money being wasted on these lot. I unreservedly apologise to PoG.
    Is this the same piss that these wasters are taking as claimed in your previous post?

And replace them with whom?

Most political leaders are experts in self-preservation. That implies a certain amount of control. Take the lid off the pot, and you might be alarmed at the chaos that follows. Just look at the Former Yugoslavia, or Iraq, or Syria and further down to a list that's as long as your arm.
    If you are America , you should kill enemies that threaten you just to let others know that death awaits .

If you are America , you should kill enemies that threaten you just to let others know that death awaits .
    Or you might want to reflect on strategies that do or don't work, and start from there.

Or you might want to reflect on strategies that do or don't work, and start from there.
    America does not try killing the enemy leaders often enough . Why Not , just kill them .

America does not try killing the enemy leaders often enough . Why Not , just kill them .

But isn't the GOP hugely pro-life????? :rolleyes:

But isn't the GOP hugely pro-life????? :rolleyes:
    Like I say they should kill the leaders of their enemies .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement