Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

jay0109 wrote: »
    The little gangsters and their 'parents' all moaning about the 'Police' disgracefully taking away their bonfires!
    Why were they all using the word 'bro' in every sentence they uttered? Are they straight outta Compton? Despite the piece clearly being set in Drimnagh!

Pay for nothing, get everything.... why does this stupidity continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Presently Sean interviewing Brad Seager about the wife of the US Intelligence agent who run down a motorcyclist.
    Very hard to listen to, bitter and not really winning me over.

Yeah, very emotional and a real whiff of the ambulance chaser off him I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

https://t.co/9yD9YXr7wt?amp=1;

This kinda says it all about the shambles that is the legal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

At a time when the army are already having serious questioned asked about the validity of role, you really would question why they are getting involved in trying to rescue one of their own ex-members who joined a terrorist group.

Is this just a PR exercise to get her out of the media, as it is embarrassing for them to have had an ISIS terrorist in their own organsiation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Clonan is some spoofer. Any intell that Smith may have is well out of date now.
    Any excuse he can spin to justify bringing her home is being thrown out in the hope it provides some sort of fig leaf for this mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And her child

And her child

And her child

Keep tugging at the heart strings there lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

sligojoek wrote: »
    And her child

And her child

And her child

Keep tugging at the heart strings there lads.

I assume this is about Lisa Smith. So that'd be her Irish child stuck in Syria that you would object to coming to Ireland? An innocent, who didn't choose any of that?

Aodhan O'Riordain put up opposition to 164 new homes on a site overlooking Howth harbour in Dublin. And still feels that he is in the position to other people who object to housing in there area. Another hypocritical bleeding heart. Make you sick.

One of the interviewees wants drag the interview down to car crash radio. Sean having none of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

One of the interviewees wants drag the interview down to car crash radio. Sean having none of it.

Aodhan lost it there for a few minutes and Sean gave him both barrels. Put him back in his box

• Advertisement

tbh, it was the first time anybody in FG has had the balls to say something honest about the immigration issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume this is about Lisa Smith. So that'd be her Irish child stuck in Syria that you would object to coming to Ireland? An innocent, who didn't choose any of that?

Does the same concern apply to the children of Irish male Jihadis? :rolleyes:

Matthew Parris writes an incisive column and always has a powerful insight into UK politics

Callan57 wrote: »
    Does the same concern apply to the children of Irish male Jihadis? :rolleyes:

I would have thought so. Don't you?

Any excuse he can spin to justify bringing her home is being thrown out in the hope it provides some sort of fig leaf for this mission.

It'll be some craic if she doesn't want to go home :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Matthew Parris writes an incisive column and always has a powerful insight into UK politics
    Rte always get yesterdays Men and Woman from Britain re; Politics .

Its always the has-beens .

blinding wrote: »
    Rte always get yesterdays Men and Woman from Britain re; Politics .

Its always the has-beens .

He's talking about politics, he's not a politician any more. If they have politicians on, they'd just get spin. Who would you rather they have on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

He's talking about politics, he's not a politician any more. If they have politicians on, they'd just get spin. Who would you rather they have on?
    Well for balance some Brexit supporting commentators .

Aren’t national media supposed to allow a balance of commentators .

blinding wrote: »
    Well for balance some Brexit supporting commentators .

Aren’t national media supposed to allow a balance of commentators .
    Balance - yes. Balance in every single interview and show - no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

He did actually make that point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Aodhan O'Riordain put up opposition to 164 new homes on a site overlooking Howth harbour in Dublin. And still feels that he is in the position to other people who object to housing in there area. Another hypocritical bleeding heart. Make you sick.

He was on this show two months back slamming DCC for refusing permission for the drug injection centre

When asked would he accept it in his own area in Clontarf he eh, um,aah......eventually said no

mikemac2 wrote: »
    He was on this show two months back slamming DCC for refusing permission for the drug injection centre

When asked would he accept it in his own area in Clontarf he eh, um,aah......eventually said no

Why is he elected then ? Beats this poster !!

Is Terry Prone really the person we want to hear from today?

I suppose we do owe her for the work she did in preparing Padraig Flynn so well for his interview.

Why is he elected then ? Beats this poster !!

Elected to what? He lost his Dail seat last time out

Elected to what? He lost his Dail seat last time out

The Seanad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The Seanad?

Yes the Seanad....somebody elected the tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is Terry Prone really the person we want to hear from today?

I suppose we do owe her for the work she did in preparing Padraig Flynn so well for his interview.

She let slip how incestuous politicians and the media are. She was advising Flynn while being friends with Byrne and then rang Gay 2 days after the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The second I hear that prone creature I turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Ahwell

I'm no fan of Prone, but she did work as a script writer for the The Gay Byrne Show - so it was kind of apt her being on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You wouldn't hold on a minute to see what she is saying then?

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    You wouldn't hold on a minute to see what she is saying then?

Nope. I know Too much about her past and her clientele.

Nope. I know Too much about her past and her clientele.

Interesting approach to radio but I don't think I'll be following suit.
    The more I know about someones past and associates, fellow travelers, clientele etc. the more likely I would be to listen.

Interesting approach to radio but I don't think I'll be following suit.
    The more I know about someones past and associates, fellow travelers, clientele etc. the more likely I would be to listen.

Do some basic research into her clientele so

Do some basic research into her clientele so

Thanks for the kind advice but it is surplus to requirements.
    I am well aware of Terry's c.v. but not so closed of mind as to ignore her.

Thanks for the kind advice but it is surplus to requirements.
    I am well aware of Terry's c.v. but not so closed of mind as to ignore her.

She’s been a blight on Irish society since the 70s. Hoping for her retirement any day now.

Can’t come quick enough.

It's hard to know why anybody would look for communications training from a person who's own delivery is so smug, patronising and condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

mikemac2 wrote: »

https://www.thejournal.ie/aodhan-o-riordain-seanad-2672762-Mar2016/

That clown also said he would not look for a senate seat if he was not elected to the Dail, soon changed his mind though. The likes of that clown make me sick.

She’s been a blight on Irish society since the 70s. Hoping for her retirement any day now.

Can’t come quick enough.

I get it, crystal clear you have no time for the woman.

You still haven't convinced me to turn off the radio when someone I disagree with or disapprove off comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

You still haven't convinced me to turn off the radio when someone I disagree with or disapprove off comes on.
    For me, there are two categories of "can't stand" people - those who I can't stand and make me turn off/over the radio instantly, and those who I can't stand but will give them a chance just this one more time - until I listen for thirty seconds and regret it!

Yes the Seanad....somebody elected the tool.

Not the general electorate though, more like party hacks

• Advertisement

Not the general electorate though, more like party hacks

Ummm yes them wit a 3rd level qualification ....in a proper University ...not the Fcukin O'Connell Bridge School of Motorin. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Ummm yes them wit a 3rd level qualification ....in a proper University ...not the Fcukin O'Connell Bridge School of Motorin. !
    Wrong. O'Riordain was elected to the Seanad on the Industrial and Commercial panel - nothing to do with graduates.

serfboard wrote: »
    Wrong. O'Riordain was elected to the Seanad on the Industrial and Commercial panel - nothing to do with graduates.

Ah ! I stand corrected ..muchos gratias compadre....keep an eye on my future posts would you...there's a good lad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jesus Charlie Flanagan is some spoofer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Jesus Charlie Flanagan is some spoofer

Absolutely. Just talking nonsense and manifesto while people are actually tortured.

serfboard wrote: »

Isn't he a primary school teacher? What does he know about either industry or commerce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Top on air "talent".😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Isn't he a primary school teacher? What does he know about either industry or commerce

Primary school principal.

Do you not think that intelligent people can work at a variety of jobs? ( Don't know if O'Riordan is highly intelligent but a certain level of intelligence is required to become a primary school teacher and subsequently a principal).

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Who is this fella on air.

Blaming everyone and everything but RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

I'm really taken aback at the level of animus against Terry Prone. I''ve always found her to be an excellent panellist -informed ,logical and always ready to expose cant and waffle. She also writes a weekly column in the Irish Examiner which is informative and entertaining while being laced with pungent humour and sardonic wit.
    Terry is tops with me -I wish we had more like her instead of the posse of chancers and bluffers we hear spoofing on our media every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement