Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

Last week it was whinging teachers, this week it's whinging guards.
    FFS, if you don't like the job, leave it and do something else.

You certainly know what you're talking about when it comes to whinging HA HA indeed. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I don't understand this solicitors point - surely whether it's Irish Water or a County Council they are not "manufacturing" the water. They don't actually put the lime into the water do they? In my understanding lime is a nautrally occuring component of water is some areas of the country ... perhaps he should turn his mind to how he could sue the "man above"?

This guy has all the sounds of a wig working to create a new income stream for himself and his colleagues ... just like for years they spend their nights trying to find loopholes in the drink driving laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Callan57 wrote: »
    I don't understand this solicitors point - surely whether it's Irish Water or a County Council they are not "manufacturing" the water. They don't actually put the lime into the water do they? In my understanding lime is a nautrally occuring component of water is some areas of the country ... perhaps he should turn his mind to how he could sue the "man above"?

This guy has all the sounds of a wig working to create a new income stream for himself and his colleagues ... just like for years they spend their nights trying to find loopholes in the drink driving laws.
    We pay for our water over here, and we have very hard water. It's up to the householder if they want to install a filter to soften the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the "liarsh times"

doesnt look like things have changed all that much then !

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Wait, I missed that bit... dare I listen to the podcast, or would I just implode on contact with this person's logic?

He's saying he's going to sue IW for supplying much the same water as was being supplied before IW was set up? Because of too much limescale? In a hard water area?

I really don't understand the people who say "make it a perfect service, then maybe we'll consider paying for it". Well, maybe I understand it all too well, but certainly not at face value. It's just a shortcut for "don't want to pay this, and here's a nonsensical reason why I won't".

If IW have a decent crack at the whip, and then fail to improve the delivery, then fair enough, maybe sue them then. But surely water hardness is well down the list, as compared to standing charges being eliminated, free allowances being reasonable, fixing the leaks, making sure the stuff doesn't actually poison anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I dont know why the Shinners think Gerry Adams' arrest is politically motivated, or how it could negatively impact their vote... Sinn Fein voters have no problem believing that Gerry Adams was no in the RA, so I'm sure they have no problem believing that he had nothing to do with the death of Jean McConnville. And none of their representatives believe that Gerry was in the RA either.... So to be part of the Sinn Fein family, it's a prerequisite that you suspend reality.. Their economic policy is further proof of this..

I dont know why the Shinners think Gerry Adams' arrest is politically motivated, or how it could negatively impact their vote... Sinn Fein voters have no problem believing that Gerry Adams was no in the RA, so I'm sure they have no problem believing that he had nothing to do with the death of Jean McConnville. And none of their representatives believe that Gerry was in the RA either.... So to be part of the Sinn Fein family, it's a prerequisite that you suspend reality.. Their economic policy is further proof of this..

It's their standard pre-programmed knee jerk reaction - Mary Lou just opened her mouth & out it popped.

Eamonn Ryan promises to stay in Europe if he is elected as MEP.. He's got my vote anyway..

Eamonn Ryan promises to stay in Europe if he is elected as MEP.. He's got my vote anyway..

What did the Europeans do to you to deserve such cruel and unusual punishment? :)

What did the Europeans do to you to deserve such cruel and unusual punishment? :)

I'd say they still havent forgiven us for sending them Kevin Cardiff.. I'd say he did some damage to the vending machine in Brussels..

• Advertisement

Who was that candidate? He an old hand at the doorstep waffling IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some women in a clip they played will vote for the man that gets her daughter a house. Nice way of using your vote.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Some women in a clip they played will vote for the man that gets her daughter a house. Nice way of using your vote.

But this is exactly the problem with Ireland + politics + the voting system... Irish people like to make out that they are patriotic, but when it comes down to it the majority vote for whichever party pledges to put the most money in their pocket..

Well you learn something everyday..
    Paul Murphy grew up in Goatstown, a suburb of Dublin. His father, Kieran Murphy, was a senior manager at the Irish division of Mars, while an uncle is Michael Murphy, an RTÉ journalist and broadcaster.

Is that where he gets his zero tolerance from?

But this is exactly the problem with Ireland + politics + the voting system... Irish people like to make out that they are patriotic, but when it comes down to it the majority vote for whichever party pledges to put the most money in their pocket..

That doesn't make us unique. "Look after No 1" is human nature whether you are in a local authority house in Ballymun or a mansion in Foxrock - it's just that in Foxrock they are more subtle or nuanced in how they "look after No 1" :rolleyes:

Wonder if payment of his pension was suspended would Paddy Neary's memory improve? It's worth a try anyway IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Alex White is really coming across like a smug, heartless youknowwhat. At least we can take solace in the fact that he's going to lose his Dail seat in two year's time.

fkn hell is there nobody in RTE that HASNT written a book and gets free air time to plug it... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

fkn hell is there nobody in RTE that HASNT written a book and gets free air time to plug it... ?

Yes, Gerry the gardener! He's just plugging a magazine! ;)

The arrogance of Hanafin is beyone belief :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

The arrogance of Hanafin is beyone belief :eek:

She's some operator. Claiming she has no posters or flyers etc so poor her. But I don't hear too many other candidates getting a 10 minute interview on national radio.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    She's some operator. Claiming she has no posters or flyers etc so poor her. But I don't hear too many other candidates getting a 10 minute interview on national radio.

And dont forget the 30 minutes that she got on with Marian Finucane a few weeks back.. Every anecdote began with "When I was Minister", and conveniently ended with her sorting everything out and the people being delighted with her.... No need to mention the small fact that she was part of a Government that bankrupted the State..

It was completely obvious from this interview that the only reason she was there was to get the free promotion for one of the upcoming elections.. Given that she's on 140k pension, I dont understand why she would want to take the paycut, but I guess with the way they orchestrate these things she will be allowed to claim both.. :mad:

And dont forget the 30 minutes that she got on with Marian Finucane a few weeks back.. Every anecdote began with "When I was Minister", and conveniently ended with her sorting everything out and the people being delighted with her.... No need to mention the small fact that she was part of a Government that bankrupted the State..

It was completely obvious from this interview that the only reason she was there was to get the free promotion for one of the upcoming elections.. Given that she's on 140k pension, I dont understand why she would want to take the paycut, but I guess with the way they orchestrate these things she will be allowed to claim both.. :mad:

Is it joking me you are? Of course she will claim (and be paid) both & probably a teachers pension waiting in the wings!

She's a slick operator like the old fellow, she let Michaél by the nose without a doubt - he'd want to sit with his back to the wall from here on. Disappointed in Sean, though he let her off very lightly. I hope the other candidates in the constituency will now each get their individual softly, softly interviews

There's nothing more boring than listening to some meat-head from a gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There's nothing more boring than listening to some meat-head from a gym.

Didn't hear the program. Was it Ben Dunne?

Sick to the back teeth of Mary Lou McDonald at this stage.. Gerry Adams was in the IRA, Mary Lou, so you're either a liar or an idiot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Didn't hear the program. Was it Ben Dunne?

Its usually Karl Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Sick to the back teeth of Mary Lou McDonald at this stage.. Gerry Adams was in the IRA, Mary Lou, so you're either a liar or an idiot..

I am sick and tired of the FG anti peace process bitter old woman.
    He needs to bring new blood on to his show.

I am sick and tired of the FG anti peace process bitter old woman.
    He needs to bring new blood on to his show.

Pat Kenny has all of his regulars.. Terry Prone, Paddy Duffy, etc... tbh I dont know why they think that PR spin doctors are the best people to bring in to studio to give you and honest opinion ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

OK i just have to make sure theres not a gas leak in the house.

am i REALLY listening to donald trump talking about snails right now ?

• Advertisement

All this kow-towing to Donald Chump is nauseating. Noonan turning up to meet him yesterday with a tug of the forelock and Sean O'Rourke today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No Deirdre clune on the debate with Sean ?

All this kow-towing to Donald Chump is nauseating. Noonan turning up to meet him yesterday with a tug of the forelock and Sean O'Rourke today :rolleyes:

In fairness there was very little "kow-towing" coming from Sean - pretty tough interview all in all.
    As to Ml Noonan - now the "musical interlude" was a bit twee & for sure they should have got off the tarmac with it but if someone is prepared to make the investment in the Irish economy that Trump is promising then of course our Minister for Finance is going to be pleased about it & more than happy to welcome him .... as are the residents of West Clare and the Irish taxpayers! Lets be honest here we desperately need this kind of investment & what we definitely do not need was Doonbeg becoming an eyesore and falling into disuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

In fairness there was very little "kow-towing" coming from Sean - pretty tough interview all in all.
    Would you not think that moving the programme to Doonbeg to interview The Donald was tugging the forelock? "Oh, the rich yank is in town - let's go to meet him!" - very 1950s, IMO.

And I don't think the interview was that tough. For instance, he didn't call him out on that claptrap that Republicans keep repeating about Obamacare being a failure - when clearly it isn't.
    what we definitely do not need was Doonbeg becoming an eyesore and falling into disuse.
    Agreed. However, as Seán said, if Trump hadn't bought it somebody else would.

(FWIW, I am glad that someone bought it and he probably will make a success of it. But he does come across as a bit of an egomaniacal eejit to me.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I only heard bits of Sean o'rourkes interview with trump but if I was trump I would have told him to go f**k himself.Here's a guy pumping in multiples of millions(leave his motives out of it,he's a businessman)into a disadvantaged part of a bankrupt country and O'Rourke is doing his best to insult him and make fun of him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A homeless traveller family with 12 kids!

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    A homeless traveller family with 12 kids!

?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

?
    Paddy O'Gorman was out and about and found homeless families living in hotels..

Now we have some interfering wagon telling all other parents that children should not have access to a tablet and as a last resort should only be allowed have educational apps on a tablet. She even had her perfect little three year old on saying his favourite app was one that got him to do arrange the letters of the alphabet correctly. I call bull**** and his favourite app is more likely to be Angry Birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

10 minutes talking about Rory McElroy breaking off his engagement.
    Wow so glad I tuned in to get this bit of vital information.

I suppose Sean will be talking about Solange beating up JayZ now, for something a bit more heavyweight? :rolleyes:

O'Rourke's show has morphed into Hello magazine.

• Advertisement

I suppose Sean will be talking about Solange beating up JayZ now, for something a bit more heavyweight? :rolleyes:

I'd say Rory is glad it wasnt Solange he was breaking up with all the same.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Tuned in for a bit of news and heard this nonsense...still better than pk though ha

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Tuned in for a bit of news and heard this nonsense...still better than pk though ha

Brgds
    Johnny

OH SEAN PLEASE PLEASE STOP .... I have a dental appt in the morning :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As to Ml Noonan - now the "musical interlude" was a bit twee & for sure they should have got off the tarmac with it but if someone is prepared to make the investment in the Irish economy that Trump is promising then of course our Minister for Finance is going to be pleased about it & more than happy to welcome him .... as are the residents of West Clare and the Irish taxpayers! Lets be honest here we desperately need this kind of investment & what we definitely do not need was Doonbeg becoming an eyesore and falling into disuse.

And all his staff will probably be Jobbridge.

And all his staff will probably be Jobbridge.

Do you think people who are fit and healthy and able to work should lie in bed and wait for the welfare cheque to come in the letterbox or should they work and get the jobridge money + the welfare?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Do you think people who are fit and healthy and able to work should lie in bed and wait for the welfare cheque to come in the letterbox or should they work and get the jobridge money + the welfare?

Do you think people with qualifications and expeirience in the workplace should be stacking shelves for €50 a week when they could be out looking for a meaningful job that would benefit both them and society as a whole?

Lapin wrote: »
    Do you think people with qualifications and expeirience in the workplace should be stacking shelves for €50 a week when they could be out looking for a meaningful job that would benefit both them and society as a whole?

I'd rather face a prospective employer saying I had been "stacking shelves" rather that explaining why I sat around doing absolutely zilch waiting for the "perfect job" to drop into my lap.
    Bet there would be no problem if the shelves were in New Zealand, Australia or Canada but perish the thought they might actually be seen doing "menial work" in the home town .. reality check needed

Lapin wrote: »

Can they not stack shelves and look for a better job in the meantime? I've got a masters level education and lots of experience but I've worked some crappy jobs in my time while looking for the right career move. I never remember any one of them having a clause in the contract saying I couldn't be looking for a better job in my free time. Qualifications and experience don't stop you taking a menial job. Illusions of grandeur after being mollycoddled through the Irish education system do. If I had two candidates in front of me for an interview I'd give the job to the one who got up off his/her arse and did something with their time in between "career roles" than the one who shrugged his shoulders and said he had a masters and 5 years experience but spent the past 6 months drawing the dole and playing X-box because it was beneath him to do anything else.

I could imagine that fascist Noonan telling Donald Chump at Shannon Airport that he should make plenty use of the ScamBridge scheme, just so that he could keep his billions safely in his bank account. Is it too much to ask that an employee of Doonbeg (or whatever tacky name it's called now) should be at least paid the minimum wage??

A fair day's pay for a fair day's work. It's abominable to think that that a Labour minister should be responsible for bringing in such a retrograde step which is weighted so much in the favour of employers who are basically getting access to free labour. Jim Larkin would be so proud of Joan Burton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement