Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Mark Oxford

Yakuza wrote: »
    Tuned in to RTE for the first time in a while at this time of the day. To be greeted by the dulcet tones of Mary Hanafin pontificating about the the current government's mistakes. Has she forgotten about the train wreck of an adminstration that she participated in??? I bloody haven't, that's for sure.

I wouldn't really blame her, I'd blame the electorate who voted her back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

Hanafin has selective amnesia all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hanafin has selective amnesia all of a sudden.

Bet she doesn't forget to collect her pension though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I wouldn't really blame her, I'd blame the electorate who voted her back in.

Irish people haven't yet made the connection between the mark they put on the ballot paper and who ends up running the country. They vote for any old Del-boy/girl or cute hoor and then wonder why the inevitable happens......a sh1te government made up of Del-boys and cute hoors.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Oops69 wrote: »

That's pensions (in the plural) - what a generous nation we are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oops69 wrote: »

All four!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Pavee pt on line 2

signostic wrote: »
    Pavee pt on line 2

Usual apologist - always everybody elses fault :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's he not saying?

Martin has got a degree in Spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Terrible story about the estate in Sligo. Families being terrorized in their own homes by anti-social elements. Some houses seem to have had the water tanks, pipes etc stolen out of them WHILE people were living in them. People coming knocking on doors demanding things from the residents. All the residents and the councilor who were interviewed put the blame firmly on some settled travelers who moved into the estate. Then Michael Collins from Pavee Point comes on admits he doesn't know about the estate but then puts the blame on the council, the guards, schools, the government etc etc etc for failing to meet the needs of travellers. Basically its everyone's fault bar the travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I missed the name / area of that estate, did anyone catch it please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ellejay wrote: »
    I missed the name / area of that estate, did anyone catch it please?
    Tower hills? unsure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tower hills? unsure

Tower Hills or Hill, Ballymote, Co Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Huffpo - the Journalistic equivalent of Jobsbridge...or it was at the time she sold it and made millions on the backs of regular contributors who got nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this makes for deeply upsetting listening:(

When will we stop being shamed by the RC? Sure it's only the UNBORN that matter :mad:

I swear I can't understand why our jails are not filled with priests, brothers and nuns. It used to be said that Ireland didn't have any serial killers because all the psychopaths just joined one of the Republican or Loyalist terror groups. I think a fair few became Nuns. Mass graves of babies. BABIES for Christ sake!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yer one says have a banana before you go to bed.

That's a one-way ticket to Indigestionville.

touts wrote: »
    I swear I can't understand why our jails are not filled with priests, brothers and nuns. It used to be said that Ireland didn't have any serial killers because all the psychopaths just joined one of the Republican or Loyalist terror groups. I think a fair few became Nuns. Mass graves of babies. BABIES for Christ sake!!!

Even more baffling why Fianna fail leader Bertie ahern paid the majority of the compensation they owed out of state coffers!

• Advertisement

Even more baffling why Fianna fail leader Bertie ahern paid the majority of the compensation they owed out of state coffers!

I'm sorry but that is not even close to what these Nuns did. I'm no fan of Bertie and what he did to the country but these Nuns basically allowed (by action or inaction) hundreds of babies to die and then threw them into mass graves. That is evil. Pure and simple evil and something must be done to hunt these women and their orders down and bring them to justice no matter what their age now or what good they claimed to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I'm sorry but that is not even close to what these Nuns did. I'm no fan of Bertie and what he did to the country but these Nuns basically allowed (by action or inaction) hundreds of babies to die and then threw them into mass graves. That is evil. Pure and simple evil and something must be done to hunt these women and their orders down and bring them to justice no matter what their age now or what good they claimed to be doing.

Why do posters keep calling it a mass grave, The kids were thrown into a septic tank, they were not buried, the so called nuns did not have the decency to bury the children.

Why do posters keep calling it a mass grave, The kids were thrown into a septic tank, they were not buried, the so called nuns did not have the decency to bury the children.

Not likely that they were going to pay for funerals and of course the usual deafening silence from these great paragons of Christian virtue. They have shamed and disgraced this country again & they haven't the decency to face up to their actions - cowards.

You do know that the Catholic church were ordered to pay compensation to the victims of child abuse?

And that Bertie ahern used state money to pay a vast percentage of that compensation on behalf of the catholic church!

And the small bit of compensation left for the catholic church to pay, they still haven't paid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

talking about eating wild bull and truffles in lisbon now.

the austerity in RTE is fecking shocking.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I want to go to Lisbon now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Paddy O'Gorman off riding on a sulky now. Love him or hate him, he's always good for a laugh.

Paddy O'Gorman off riding on a sulky now. Love him or hate him, he's always good for a laugh.

And Sean worrying about him using a mobile phone while driving a sulky :D

And hands the phone over to the driver who's patently still driving it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

This is in danger of turning into an Adrian Kennedy type discussion.....

Sean getting his eyes opened now !

250k for a horse.

He thought only himself n marrion could afford that

:D:D

• Advertisement

Yeah Sean, I can just about imagine Leopardstown allowing these fellas in to use the racecourse :rolleyes:

250k for a horse.

I hope the CAB and Revenue commissioners are listening to this.

Yeah didn't think this lad would have a prob with "normal" racing . Half his doctor mates prob own a few :D

Have to say I can't stop smiling after that one. Didn't go the way I expected at all.

Ya can see a few revenue heads perking up after those revelations

Yeah didn't think this lad would have a prob with "normal" racing . Half his doctor mates prob own a few :D

Have to say I can't stop smiling after that one. Didn't go the way I expected at all.

Ya can see a few revenue heads perking up after those revelations

Ah sure aren't they "the lowest economic section of our society" ... sure they are with 10,000 to put on a horse.
    Revenue & Social Welfare listening I HOPE! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ah Jaybis!!!! I only tuned in because PK is on hols!! They're still employing MLOD!!! :mad::mad:

*flees*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I'd love to shove a pot noodle down this ones throat.

Everything is homemade and twee in her World.

There is a word called cannot. It's called cannot.

washiskin wrote: »
    Ah Jaybis!!!! I only tuned in because PK is on hols!! They're still employing MLOD!!! :mad::mad:

*flees*

Everytime Sean says MLOD is next I switch over to Lyric .. and again today I missed whatever came after her because I forgot to switch back :mad: I really wish she'd disappear up her own pomposity.

What is the point of conversations like this? Children take up time and energy. It's a fact of life. If they want a full blown career, don't have kids. End of.

What is the point of conversations like this? Children take up time and energy. It's a fact of life. If they want a full blown career, don't have kids. End of.

I always find this amusing (to a point) - nobody worries about the women trying to balance having kids and maybe a career cleaning offices or working in the local supermarket! What about their life balance? A very middle class concept life balance isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yes but why is this not an issue for men? They are the fathers but no-one asks them how they balance child care and career.

Yes but why is this not an issue for men? They are the fathers but no-one asks them how they balance child care and career.

Olwyn Enright is married to a fellow politician. They could have easily swapped parenting/career roles if they wanted to.

Or guilt trips them

"IT'S NOT A PARLOUR GAME!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Does EVERYBODY in RTE have a book they are trying to promote..?? RTE give a half hour to promote their old pal Joe O'Connor, in spite of their guest attempting to flog everything he has written since he was 10 years old.. I'm only surprised he didnt try to sell us the colour telly he has up on Adverts... And then Cahill, purportedly the sportsreader, tries to flog us a GAA book from one of his pals. Up next Clodagh Walsh promoting her book on the history of newsreading (edited by Myles Dungan)...

On another note, this whole discussion of the poll has been an unmitigated mess, hasnt it... Not impressed by that northern guy at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Whatever about the Government having a majority in that banking commission, how does anybody think it makes sense to have ANY Fianna Fáil members of it??? To be honest there should not be any politicians on such a committee, because as we see from their efforts this morning, none of them are objective (or mature) enough to sit on such an investigation.

The Duffmeister won't be happy. Sean is encroaching on his misery territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Never got to hold her baby, how cruel. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So children's adventure books now have to have a supervisor as a character or it wont be believed by kids:(

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

• Advertisement

Poor Sean is getting his ass kicked on this. "Humph! Challenges? Why don't you try doing a film on the toughest cycle race in the world!". "Well I've got an actor playing him so I can't show his face from the archives!". "Have you got any suggestions!".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement