Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is this just one long ad for this woman's business?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

Callan57 wrote: »
    Yea, you'd kinda expect her to say "pull yourself together & get on with it" ... wouldn't fancy looking for sympathy for her

She'd stress me out rather than soothe me. I can't imagine a few herbs having that much impact on stress and anxiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The sap rises? Yeah, so?

The sap rises? Yeah, so?

Sometimes hugging causes MY sap to rise.......so maybe she's on to something there.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Are they better looking??? What kind of a Q is that?:confused:

• Advertisement

Just tuned in...........is this Radio Donegal?,....or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Yep - Mary Coughlan - she's back (and being given a very easy time of it by Sean IMO).

serfboard wrote: »
    Yep - Mary Coughlan - she's back (and being given a very easy time of it by Sean IMO).

So there ARE such things as ghosts.........:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Roger_007 wrote: »

More or less.

Show was broadcast from the Magill summer school in Glenties, as it is every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Er, a bit off topic but seeing as the Sean O'Rourke Show was in Donegal today, why did the Ronan Collins Show travel to Galway yesterday without Ronan Collins? That nice Murray guy was in Ronan's chair, then when the show returned to Dublin for today, back again popped Ronan. What gives?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Er, a bit off topic but seeing as the Sean O'Rourke Show was in Donegal today, why did the Ronan Collins Show travel to Galway yesterday without Ronan Collins? That nice Murray guy was in Ronan's chair, then when the show returned to Dublin for today, back again popped Ronan. What gives?

Ronan gets travel sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lidl and Aldi "uniform" for the price of burger and chips. Hmmmm wonder how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lidl and Aldi "uniform" for the price of burger and chips. Hmmmm wonder how?
    Presumably, someone else's kids are sewing the uniforms for our kids.

Groundhog day .... school uniforms every summer same story :mad:
    This is like an episode of Reeling in the Years

Quite so and Keelin Shanley has yet to mention sweatshops and virtual slave labour

Skanger central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Amazing how busy the sunbed places seemed to be in the middle of the working day when Paddy was out and about. I wonder how much taxpayers money gets pumped into these places each week after the dole is handed out. In Tipperary town the Dole office has a pub on one side and a Sunbed place on the other. Says a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

RTE bushtucker trial... They are probably trying to get the staff ready for the next batch of expenses cuts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Finally I have copped on: the purpose of Paddy O'Gorman's pieces is to make us feel better. The mechanism is our granting ourselves licences to feel superior to people who have different values than the members of the middle classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

RTE bushtucker trial...
    Din Joe invented dancing on the radio. Keelin Shanley must get some credit for inventing insect-scrunching on the radio.

• Advertisement

Din Joe invented dancing on the radio. Keelin Shanley must get some credit for inventing insect-scrunching on the radio.

Put me right off my morning scone :mad:

have I tuned in to Russia Today? Cant believe Constantin... Why did the pro Russian thugs lock down the site, why did they steal the black boxes and some of the bodies, why did they cut up the cockpit, why did they move the BUK back across the border shortly after the shooting?? Trying to kick up enough sand so that nobody can prove Russia ARE responsible for this.

EDIT: Thank you Declan Power...

Alison always talks an awful lot of sense

Constantin is like the grim reaper ... could he ever cheer up even a wee bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Didn't hear all the show...was Heather Humphries on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

have I tuned in to Russia Today? Cant believe Constantin... Why did the pro Russian thugs lock down the site, why did they steal the black boxes and some of the bodies, why did they cut up the cockpit, why did they move the BUK back across the border shortly after the shooting?? Trying to kick up enough sand so that nobody can prove Russia ARE responsible for this.

EDIT: Thank you Declan Power...

The cockpit was only found yesterday by OSCE and reporters in woods some distance from the crash site. OSCE watched the rescue workers cut some large parts of the wreckage to release bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

That Brian O'Connell lad is desperate. His bias towards leftie liberal causes is clear. I remember his whitewashed propaganda vox pop with the Ennis Travellers a few months ago.

Spolier alert: They were victims of the Irish Taxpayer too

I agree with Art above... When that asylum seeker was speaking about "how stressful it was", I felt like saying "Can you imagine how stressful it is being the one's working to pay for it".

I would have thought that for an assylum seeker being safe would be above and beyond all other considerations

Sad that the greed of a few people is having such consequences for unfortunate children - they should be seriously ashamed of themselves :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

MY EARS !!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

As all the bleeding heart RTE liberals wring their hands I have to say this direct provision thing sounds like something we should use throughout the Welfare sector. Vouchers instead of cash, hostel accommodation instead of rent allowance, etc would quickly make a lot of people rethink if they really would be worse off working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

achtung1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Can't take to Keelin as a guest presenter. Like Bromwell, you imagine her chewing on caviar in between items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Jaysus Gay, why is it only women being crushed by their own cars???

"after a public outage" i.e. a lot of people rang Joe Duffy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi
    re the piece on muslims in ireland, I missed some of it, did they ask women wearing the full covering, why they wear it?

A few hours community service for the McAteer and Whelan and nothing for Fitzpatrick... So can I ask the DPP a question.. what was the point in wasting millions on this case???... Justice system happy enough to say "well I cant really hold these guys responsible if the Department Of Finance okay-ed it" .... so then you're not going to start proceeding against those particular employees of the department of finance then? It's all the old pals looking after each other, same as f**king usual...

If two people conspired together in a murder they would BOTH be charged for their part in the crime... One wouldnt be let go because "the other one was to blame" with no charges then taken against the supposed "guilty" party..

A few hours community service for the McAteer and Whelan and nothing for Fitzpatrick... So can I ask the DPP a question.. what was the point in wasting millions on this case???... Justice system happy enough to say "well I cant really hold these guys responsible if the Department Of Finance okay-ed it" .... so then you're not going to start proceeding against those particular employees of the department of finance then? It's all the old pals looking after each other, same as f**king usual...

If two people conspired together in a murder they would BOTH be charged for their part in the crime... One wouldnt be let go because "the other one was to blame" with no charges then taken against the supposed "guilty" party..

The Golden Circle looking after each other again - nothing changes :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

Actually I think the state agency in question was the Financial Regulator - Patrick "I don't remember anything" Neary.

serfboard wrote: »
    Actually I think the state agency in question was the Financial Regulator - Patrick "I don't remember anything" Neary.

Bet he has no problem remembering the bank account his pension is paid into :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Women playing the sexism card because a newspaper predominently read by women carries an article written by a woman about what women are wearing.

I give up. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Oh dear god can you believe this huff .

Ya,d know this one was an academic.

Oh and its una mullaly , shoulda known . Been peddling this line on vinnyb for years .

Be afraid girls !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Oh dear god can you believe this huff .

Ya,d know this one was an academic.

Oh and its una mullaly , shoulda known . Been peddling this line on vinnyb for years .

Be afraid girls !

Here's a handy guide to Irish Media: if you hear/read the words "Una Mullally", just keep going. I switched off after she struggled to define "4th wave feminism", a term she herself had introduced to the discussion. Great work, Una...

What a pity it is that the billions in finance & unmeasurable human intelligence expended on fighting various wars, & developing ways to kill each other, isn't expended on investigating the awesome unlimited mysteries of the universe. How much more productive it would be

Those phone chargers are set to switch off when you reach a certain voltage, so they dont not over charge... This segment is a little bit embarrassing.. I'm sure the guys are good at repairs, but I'm not sure they are bringing much to this particular discussion..

Those phone chargers are set to switch off when you reach a certain voltage, so they dont not over charge... This segment is a little bit embarrassing.. I'm sure the guys are good at repairs, but I'm not sure they are bringing much to this particular discussion..

Fairly inarticulate pair all right :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Too many photos will slow your phone down. So use the cloud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    Can't take to Keelin as a guest presenter. Like Bromwell, you imagine her chewing on caviar in between items.

She tends to sound like the female version of Des Cahill.

Too many photos will slow your phone down. So use the cloud.

They brought a cloud of uncertainty with every statement, that's the only cloud that I was convinced of..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Those phone chargers are set to switch off when you reach a certain voltage, so they dont not over charge...

Dublin Fire brigade, amongst others, have said on more than one occasion that phone chargers are one of the main causes of house fires these days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement