Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

In fairness, some of the criminals Barry White dealt with during his career, may well have been fun-loving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sean just admitted they'd been punked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Sean just admitted they'd been punked.

He took it pretty well, had a bit of a chuckle.

His predecessor would have remained po-faced about the whole thing I'd say....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

OH Lord MLOD is back .. <finger poised over channel change button>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Judge put his foot in his mouth but this lady thinks women can do no wrong which is equally as bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Judge put his foot in his mouth but this lady thinks women can do no wrong which is equally as bad

She made a complete ass of herself, allowed her emotions to cloud her judgement.

For someone in his position though he was incredibly lax in his use of language - precision to the point of pedantic is normally a feature of the legal eagles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

She's a very very talented pianist but that sounds nothing at all like the show theme tune. I'm not sure this sort of live challenge of "listen to this. Now play it" is really fair or making the best use her obvious talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I feel like I've just been listening to an episode of Sex and the City there.
    Yer wan and her "high calibre" clients :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The judge should have banged this one up for two years.

Not just for refusing to apologise for slapping the guard.

But for being a complete and utter useless waste of space.

• Advertisement

It's that time of year again, the farmers' annual moanfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Very boring when the SOR show do sport.

I feel its a subject that can be dealt with elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lapin wrote: »
    The judge should have banged this one up for two years.

Not just for refusing to apologise for slapping the guard.

But for being a complete and utter useless waste of space.

I was listening to that. I loved Paddy's desription of her.

"The type of person you'd see as a customer in a health food shop"

Myself and the missus looked at each other and said "head shop" at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This Crockwell chap doesnt come out of this great either. Made an objection against his rival so that he might get the job. Only then finds out that he's a member of IMMA... Finds out on Twitter after he withdraws the objection that he was only on the board for only a few days... I think it's clear that any objection he had with McNulty was more to do with trying to get the job for himself, rather than any real "worries" about McNulty's credentials...

And I think Heather Humphreys has just proved that the problem in politics is not the sex of the candidate, it's the TYPE of candidate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've heard him a few times, I think he's genuine in his objections. And why wouldn't you object to you missing out on a position on the basis that an ineligible candidate is parachuted in to swipe it from you ?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've heard him a few times, I think he's genuine in his objections. And why wouldn't you object to you missing out on a position on the basis that an ineligible candidate is parachuted in to swipe it from you ?

You would think that if he was making an objection that he would FULLY know what he was objecting to... And not end up with egg on his face... Did you hear him talking about learning about McNulty on Twitter...Sean even smiled at that one..

His assumption on the initial objection was correct. He was told during the hearing that the guy was on the board so he withdrew his objection and apologised. After the meeting he was then told the actual details, he was just nominated, never sat at a board meeting etc. Meaning his initial objection was valid.

"Did you get any notice that they were coming?"

"No they sneaked in.. We got a letter about two weeks ago, but I dont remember what happened yesterday. Who remembers what happened two weeks ago."

Really not the best argument I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

"Did you get any notice that they were coming?"

"No they sneaked in.. We got a letter about two weeks ago, but I dont remember what happened yesterday. Who remembers what happened two weeks ago."

Really not the best argument I've heard.

Wouldn't it be great to be on welfare with the taxpayer picking up all your expenses so you would have the time to go out and protest against efforts to make you pay a little tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ha, yeah, found myself swearing out loud at that. Worst excuse ever.

Yeah, they told me and then they expected me to know about it! Come on!

• Advertisement

She stole 500 quid worth of stuff and the judge lets her off.. Did she pay the money back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Did i hear that right? Police stopped her because she looked suspicious. She had stolen goods on her. But the case was thrown out because the police didn't have a reason to think she looked suspicious??

Even though she was suspicious?

And that's an uplifting story???

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Listened to those criminals this morning and all they were on about was a santa clause for a judge, prisons the same as holiday camps and one even said she would rather go to jail than do community service.Surely these people have to take more responibility for their actions and be treated more harshly by the judicial system cos as it stands its doing them no good or the general public.

Good interview with Kathleen Lynch - she is absolutely right "everyone is in favour of change as long as their bailiwick isn't impacted".
    Nice to hear Kathleen sounding fighting fit again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lucinda's view of the week's debacle should be interesting.

Regina's, on the other hand, sounds even less convincing than Heather Humphreys' :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lucinda's view of the week's debacle should be interesting.

Regina's, on the other hand, sounds even less convincing than Heather Humphreys' :eek:

Is the lift out of order in RTE? Regina sounds like she ran up the stairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Callan57 wrote: »
    Is the lift out of order in RTE? Regina sounds like she ran up the stairs

Down the stairs. Radio is broadcast from the bowels of the earth in Donnybrook.

Difference in tone of voice between Lucinda and Regina was striking. One bluffing and one confident in what she was saying. Regina is fluent enough when she's on steady ground in her argument.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Down the stairs. Radio is broadcast from the bowels of the earth in Donnybrook.

Difference in tone of voice between Lucinda and Regina was striking. One bluffing and one confident in what she was saying. Regina is fluent enough when she's on steady ground in her argument.

She must have tripped on the stairs then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another typical day in RTE. Cancer and promoting other RTE shows.

• Advertisement

Don't you just love the way the RC church uses the "angels dancing on the top of a pin" .... latest is divorced couples probably should have got an annulment. What a load of codswallop
    Call me cynical but IMO what they are really worried about is losing the future cash contribution of any children of second relationships.

Sounds like we're not getting the full story here.

Does that woman from Irish Water think we are complete fools?

Elizabeth can come on here with her bubbliness and her soft spoken plamás, but nobody believes for a second that they will not be lining their own pockets.. If there was any suggestion of somebody being docked, the whole lot of them would run to the union and down tools..

Elizabeth can come on here with her bubbliness and her soft spoken plamás, but nobody believes for a second that they will not be lining their own pockets.. If there was any suggestion of somebody being docked, the whole lot of them would run to the union and down tools..

She is beyone arrogance :mad:
    Sean should ask her who actually set the performance measures that will be used to pay the BONUSES?

"I really do have to empasise" .... you are talking bullsh1t

Has Christy Moore changed his policy of not allowing people to sing with him at the gigs?

• Advertisement

Could she not get through to Joe Duffy?

Colm McCarthy talking common sense as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

HEY, BRANDINE!

I CUT MA FINGER ON THE SCREEN DOOR AGEEN!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Didn't Fionnan Sheahan sound very weird yesterday.
    It was a technical issue they said.

Didn't Fionnan Sheahan sound very weird yesterday.
    It was a technical issue they said.

Yea it was a bit odd right enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I loved Barry Cowens comment that it was lucky it wasn't him that sounded slurred.

Lovely to hear Clive James - what an entertaining man, so glad he still has his sense of humour. My favourite Aussie :)

Japaneese Maple is absolutely beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Kenny's interview with Keane was much better than O'Rourkes.

"Is it too late to plant sprouts"? ... I keep expecting Gerry Daly to respond "what kind of feck1ngclown are you"? :)

Eamon Ryan busy? Doing what? Leading a party whose total membership can fit inside a telephone box?

"Would you be willing to live in Kilcock"...

f**k me... Half the country is working in Canada yet still we have enough money to find bigger houses for the immigrants..

"Would you be willing to live in Kilcock"...

f**k me... Half the country is working in Canada yet still we have enough money to find bigger houses for the immigrants..

Irish people are very good at using the system too in fairness, as demonstrated by this lady looking to move to a better area. What utopia is she looking to move to, paid for by the tax payer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And this lady looking to move to a better area. What utopia is she looking to move to, paid for by the tax payer ?
    And she says " I haven't got anything back" , what have you given , love ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Eamon Ryan busy? Doing what? Leading a party whose total membership can fit inside a telephone box?
    He says he's busy in the evening keeping " one eye on the twitter feed " ' sweet j !!!

All these people living abroad who don't contribute via the TV licence complaining about LW being closed down. Why don't they all band together to fund it if they're that upset about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement