Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,656 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

When is Sean going to ask the really obvious question???

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

When is he going to say WHY did this happen...????

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Aaah...we can't go into it for legal reasons.
    Why broadcast it then??

Aaah...we can't go into it for legal reasons.
    Why broadcast it then??

This is very odd... reminds me again of something Joe Duffy would have on the Liveline, talking in riddles and saying nothing at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Really can't believe this last item or the Kildysart piece earlier in the show. Two utterly pointless and ill thought pieces of tabloid journalism which threw no light on either matter. I thought that the woman interviewed about the Kildysart tragedy came across particularly badly - as the interview started you would have sworn that she was a long time friend of the deceased but no, she had met her in the hair saloon (sic) a couple of weeks previously and was thus deemed by RTE to an expert....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The silence was deafening from sean when the woman who was shot nine times criticised the Gardai twice.
    Why did He even bring her on if he wasn't prepared or legally advised against pursuing her allegations ,pointless inter view , sean isn't the only one in rte who doesn't do his preparation .

He Seems to ram through his schedule to fit in all the guests without fully addressing an issue. He has had difficulty in transitioning from the news at one Imo.

This constant banter about Roy Keane is getting a bit voyueristic at the moment.
    It's time to leave the man alone guys , is it not obvious .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

I don't think Keane wants to be left alone.

He has been looking for something to do that he might be good at to fill the void in his life that exists since his playing career came to an end. Because he sure as hell isn't any good at management.

So in the meantime he has become something of an irritating publicity whore lest the world forgets who he is and is discovering he is quite good at that.

Not quite up there with Sinead O'Connor or Russell Brand yet but getting there.

It wouldn't surprise me if he adopted their (and many other celebrity's) ploy of tipping off tabloid hacks and photographers about their whereabouts for the day ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Betty the Buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TriciaMcMahon

It is with a heavy heart that I compose this post.

I was listening to interview with Teresa Cavanagh, a friend of Angelique Belling on the Program Today with Sean O'Roukre on Radio 1 this morning.

I am saddened that RTE have facilitate the publication of thoughtlessness by Ms. Cavanagh.

While Ms. Cavanagh feels uplifted about the fact the she purchased food & toys, gave clothes & other material items, Ms Belling was a human being, a mother, a daughter & someones friend who's entitlement to the pride & privacy has been eroded by an interview which last no more than a short few minutes.

It is comparable to the idle gossip on street corners.

While I understand RTE has a duty to cover the incident, surely this could have been achieved without stripping away Angelina Belling's dignity & privacy.

I really would appreciate if RTE can arrange to have the interview removed from the RTE website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It really annoys we when some self indulgent music teacher tries to rewrite a well known song...

A nice rendition of silent night by the children's choir , compared to the car crash version at the end of the john Murray show by an adult choir an hour earlier. Go kids.

The ad break just had 1. Joe duffy show plug. 2." Play the sean o rourke show on the rte player " ad . , nothing else!!!, this is outrageously bad production for a show funded by the licence fee payer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

Oops69 wrote: »
    The ad break just had 1. Joe duffy show plug. 2." Play the sean o rourke show on the rte player " ad . , nothing else!!!, this is outrageously bad production for a show funded by the licence fee payer.
    Sorry, I don't get your point. Is Seán not allowed a break between items or is your complaint that it's RTE advertising itself?

Because if it's the latter it's hardly something new is it?

It's the latter, just because it's not a new feature in RTE doesn't mean it shouldn't be challenged as a waste of useful broadcasting time funded by the licence fee player , how many times do you hear on programmes like morning Ireland or news at one "we've run out of time , it's an important issue and we will come back to it in the future "? .Sean is a hard worker but I think there are adequate breaks built into the programme with music , news , valerie cox, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

Josephine Feehily on now bigging herself up big time. i'm brilliant i am....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Well she is dam good in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Well, she is remarkably able, and she is moving from one high-profile job to another. It's quite reasonable to take an interest in such an individual.

She didn't come across to me as showing much vanity. She is proud of the capacity of the Revenue Commissioners to do a good job. In my opinion, that is a justifiable pride: they are pretty good at their job.

Sean has joan Burtons moan about being kidnapped or whatever she hypes it up to be immediately " to hand " for his interview with paul Murphy . Murphy handled the sad attempt at an ambush very well though , then SEan drops the item immediately.

• Advertisement

It's Christmas - could Sean not have spared us MLOD

Theo Dorgan passing notes around class giving out about the teacher.. He really should grow up... Bit embarrassing for Sean....

Id never want to have Xmas dinner with any of these lot with their weird concoctions , give me a traditional Xmas dinner any day , **** around the rest of the year , but leave the Christmas dinner alone.

Christ almighty, if I hear that WW1 truce story ONCE MORE, I swear the radio is going out the window :mad:

And everyone tells the story as if they're the very first ones EVER to speak about it.

Off to Lyric for me, can't take any more of this or Pat Kenny.

MLOD ... that's me off to Gold
    Happy Christmas to you all

Another backslapping session.. Well I spose they have to fill up the time since they let the sports team off early..

• Advertisement

Mary Lou accusing the government of arrogance - "physician heal thyself" comes to mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »
    Mary Lou accusing the government of arrogance - "physician heal thyself" comes to mind

She's right though!

Ah ffs, I assumed that RTE would have had Collins in with his vinyl records from 11am to 1pm again.... I had to endure Joseph O'Connor for an hour with Pat Kenny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

God he sounds so much like Dr Anthony Clare RIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Clare

I used to like Olivia O'Leary but these days she gives me a pain in my face...

Seems to me that the women are taking more delight in the fact that she's getting revenge on Hollande than anything of literary value..

• Advertisement

I used to like Olivia O'Leary but these days she gives me a pain in my face...

Seems to me that the women are taking more delight in the fact that she's getting revenge on Hollande than anything of literary value..

My estimation of Olivia has plummeted this morning - I would have expected her to eviscerate what sounds like a very silly book. Wonder if a man wrote a similar book how would it be received?
    Thankfully Mr Colleran has redeemed the discussion

Thankfully Mr Colleran has redeemed the discussion

When did you ever think you'd hear yourself saying that... :pac:

When did you ever think you'd hear yourself saying that... :pac:

Sure surprised myself right enough!
    "Hollande was a horny old goat still looking for one for the road" ... wow never thought I'd hear that on RTE1 :):):)

I'm not sure Eddie Hobbs is a great man for having as your Sundance Kid.... He's a fairly polarizing character.. A lot of people have a problem with Brendan Investments..

Ah good old Eddie "release equity" is going to be part of Lucinda's movement - that takes the gloss off it for me anyway.
    Can we expect her to sign up Jim "soft landing" Power next?
    And this is change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Ah good old Eddie "release equity" is going to be part of Lucinda's movement - that takes the gloss off it for me anyway.
    Can we expect her to sign up Jim "soft landing" Power next?
    And this is change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    She'll be signing up Pope emeritus BEnny next , just to keep the flavour of the new party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've just come to a sudden startling realisation that Eddie Hobbs might be Taoiseach some day :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does anybody understand what Mattie is saying? Is he actually speaking English?

Mary o Rourke has become a parody of herself , how the hell was she ever allowed to manifest power in this state?

Sean O'Rourke has also become a parody of himself and has joined the long list of presenters who are unlistenable to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Sean O'Rourke has also become a parody of himself and has joined the long list of presenters who are unlistenable to.

Switch over to Pats stand in and you'll be straight back to him.

Not sure where to post this - but is there anything but Property Tax, Weight Loss, Exercise on the radio these days? I suppose an hour of Charlie was a bit of a break.

Couldn't believe Mary O'Rourke didn't go ballistic over the portrayal of Brian Lenihan - or maybe she did and I missed it?

I love Michael O'Regan as a chat show guest, but he's AWFUL as a presenter!

Think it's going to be Lyric for the foreseeable for me......

No thanks but he really is taking the piss today with his second ho,ho, ho mention of €5 on the child benefit - like an overpaid hack like O'Rourke knows anything about such grubby matters. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Botswana, Namibia.....

Will ye ever go and feck off?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Fawning over the queen today telling the English royal suck up guy that the queen is massively loved over here was enough for me. That, and his inability to read texts.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Fawning over the queen today telling the English royal suck up guy that the queen is massively loved over here was enough for me. That, and his inability to read texts.
    Neither he nor his current guest seem to be able to distinguish between house insurance and mortgage life cover - they're talking about them like they're the same thing. FFS!

(I'm aware this should be in the Pat Kenny thread, but I can't find it just at the moment!)

That was a bit too real to life for O'Rourke so it's back to ****e talk about the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've just stumbled across something called The Vaudeville Radio hour on Dublin City 103.2

Worth a go, from what I've heard so far. :-)

Del.Monte wrote: »
    That was a bit too real to life for O'Rourke so it's back to ****e talk about the GAA.

Did he just say some GAA player was a vet working out of the local hospital? :confused:

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this - but is there anything but Property Tax, Weight Loss, Exercise on the radio these days? I suppose an hour of Charlie was a bit of a break.

Couldn't believe Mary O'Rourke didn't go ballistic over the portrayal of Brian Lenihan - or maybe she did and I missed it?

Think it's going to be Lyric for the foreseeable for me......
    How's about a double helping of Gaa banter with the sports presenter .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement