Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not impressed by this guy at all...

Are there off the shelf packages that could do the job?
    I'm sure there are ...

Was that the garda guy? Has to be a programne they can get and modify to suit ireland however the problem wont be getting a new system it,ll be trying to get gardai to use it without whinging about change or their unions looking for more pay. Dont forget in this country the public service always need an incentive to change even if it makes easier and more modern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Oops69 wrote: »
    Brian DoWling can't even give the results of an opinion poll without garbling up the numbers into an incomprehensible mish- mash and sean needing to repeat all the numbers, then he goes on about them as if theres some great relevations within.

DDP read out the RedC poll on the Six-One and read Labour's 8% as "18". Which really would have been news. No correction by either himself on the desk-jockeys.

Maybe RTE needs to invest in some entity able to read numbers off a piece of paper. Like say, a speak-your-weight machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Sean is filleting Joan Burton live on air. Tune in quick. She is getting her arse handed to her as he is destroying the usual vague non-committed bullsh1t she has relied on to spoof her way through the last 30 years in politics. He is asking her for specific details and she can't provide anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

touts wrote: »
    Sean is filleting Joan Burton live on air. Tune in quick. She is getting her arse handed to her as he is destroying the usual vague non-committed bullsh1t she has relied on to spoof her way through the last 30 years in politics. He is asking her for specific details and she can't provide anything.
    Stuck at work, hopefully will catch podcast later.

You can't beat a good Sean O'Rourke beatdown of a politician. He seems to save them up and then, boom goes the dynamite, and the politician is found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Unbelievable

He's having to force her for at least one straight answer.

O'Rourke asked will the promise of 5,000 social houses in 2015 be met.

She drags in Sinn Fein,O'Rourke asks the same question again...

She is too busy making an election spiel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Finished and gone to the ad-break. I'd say things are fairly frosty in the studio now. She doesn't strike me as a woman who likes being challenged and she just got badly exposed. The poor assistant who scheduled the interview is in for a bollocking in the back of the Merc on the way back to Government buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Best bit of radio I've heard in ages. I'll bet she left with her head buzzing,she couldn't think of anything to say:eek:. Blame everybody else, well Joan,for my money you have put your own grave in the footpath outside every house in the country. Labour me hole !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Terrible to think that there is no money in the country for that woman and her sick child, but all these useless f**kwits get free legal aid, dont have to pay fines, get the dole / medical cards...

Do RTE always have to facilitate this self indulgent, self promoting, shameless woman??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Terrible to think that there is no money in the country for that woman and her sick child, but all these useless f**kwits get free legal aid, dont have to pay fines, get the dole / medical cards...

Terrible to think that probably one of Mary Hannafin's pensions would solve a lot for that sick child. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hanafin trying to rewrite history , fianna fallers have been at this in earnest for the last year , I think they believe our memories only last about five years, arrogant shower of traitors .

If Mary Hanafin was being a bit more honest about what Honohan said yesterday... He said the opportunity to do something about the crash was in 2006... And at the stage where they were all around the table trying to fix the banking situation there was no easy fix, there was gonna be a big crash of some sort... But Mary and her Government were busy trying to buy the next election and looking after the builders in 2006 to run the country responsibly... .

For anybody who wants to hear the "Bart's People" version of the report, Angela O'Connor will be on with Jonathan Healy next, to speak about her difficulty getting a medical card for her 8 year old daughter Lucy who has cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

If Mary Hanafin was being a bit more honest about what Honohan said yesterday... He said the opportunity to do something about the crash was in 2006... And at the stage where they were all around the table trying to fix the banking situation there was no easy fix, there was gonna be a big crash of some sort... But Mary and her Government were busy trying to buy the next election and looking after the builders in 2006 to run the country responsibly... .

Were was Honahan when the writing was on the wall?

gladrags wrote: »

tbh, I always find it hard to work out which side he's on...

• Advertisement

Was he not an academic in Trinity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Unbelievable

He's having to force her for at least one straight answer.

O'Rourke asked will the promise of 5,000 social houses in 2015 be met.

She drags in Sinn Fein,O'Rourke asks the same question again...

She is too busy making an election spiel.

She was speaking really slowly with long pauses. Winding down the clock. Stock phrases and repeating. I was in the car talking to someone and couldn't hear it properly. I'll give it a proper listen later.

sligojoek wrote: »
    She was speaking really slowly with long pauses. Winding down the clock. Stock phrases and repeating. I was in the car talking to someone and couldn't hear it properly. I'll give it a proper listen later.

She was trying to figure out where to get a new ass,cos SOR ripped her's to shreads .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

He was doing his job in Trinity College - he came to the Central Bank only when the bubble burst and in my opinion is an honest man who tells it like it is - only for him we wouldnt have known the IMF were in town.........

Just listening to Brendan Keenan on The Business with Richard Curran now... Richard should ask him, "on a scale of 1 to 10 how embarrassed were you looking at The Guarantee the other night"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

amazing he still gets airtime when getting it so spectacularly (and condecendingly at the time) wrong.

:D

that ECB thing is gonna be massive though.

STG and US are doing great agin the euro now so if youve any lying about ya dont need thereve been worse times to change it.

Does she do an inventory of every place that she visits or what?

The reason they use plastic knifes and forks is surely for safety reasons?

"And I will go in and speak to them if that's what's required"...

Yeah and after MLOD has given them a lecture about having a "social conscience", they can ask her about 70k she gets from the public purse for a part time job in that talking shop they call the Seanad. Given to her by her old pal Enda.. Maybe they could give that money to the homeless..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Does she do an inventory of every place that she visits or what?

Dunno, whenever I hear the gushing tones of MLOD coming on, I exercise the OFF button!!

Wooooooooooooow Séan - confusing Robbie Williams and Robin Williams

Fairly inexpert expert there - she really should do her research before bluffing on national radio

Jesus if I hear that phrase "job of work" one more time from labour... :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jesus if I hear that phrase "job of work" one more time from labour... :mad::mad:

Maybe they like synonyms

Mick Wallace is not the greatest public speaker we've ever had is he..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Aaaaaah Aaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaah

The understatement of the year :)

sligojoek wrote: »
    Aaaaaah Aaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaah

Maybe he's sponsored by Aaaa-Alliance insurance..

Maybe he's sponsored by Aaaa-Alliance insurance..

Nice one CH.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Ah, time for The Plummy Accent Middle Class "My Gosh, Those Poor Blighters" Court Report.

Marvel at various stories of "the unfortunate"!

Oh look, a woman who couldn't pay her TV licence because she is a single parent. She can afford €70 a month for UPC though.

rte trying to scare the **** out of people by sending paddy to court for tv license court cases for people dont pay the rte tax

€70 for the upc and a home schooling mother. only 1 man for her to talk to and its not paddy

neris wrote: »
    €70 for the upc and a home schooling mother. only 1 man for her to talk to and its not paddy

"I have principles" - but they don't involve not breaking the law :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I'm finding this show to be increasingly dull. It seems to follow a format. Every week he interviews the parents of an ill or deceased child, the chef/ cookery spots are tedious, an author or playwright (generally british), someone flogging something etc
    I can't recall PKs show being so rigid in its format, or maybe I just have a short memory.

• Advertisement

im sure what this guy is talking about is very interesting and scientific but he reminds me of this guy

082713_father_ted.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Jasus what was Des Cahill trying to do at the end there, he was sinking the ship with that ramble. Bad spot for Sean O'Rourke, he really was sorry he asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This author john Connolly on now , has to have the most annoying voice I've heard since Abie Philbin Bowman, thank god he dosent narrate talking versions of his books .

fg1406 wrote: »
    I'm finding this show to be increasingly dull. It seems to follow a format. Every week he interviews the parents of an ill or deceased child, the chef/ cookery spots are tedious, an author or playwright (generally british), someone flogging something etc
    I can't recall PKs show being so rigid in its format, or maybe I just have a short memory.

Seems to be format for every programme lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oops69 wrote: »
    This author john Connolly on now , has to have the most annoying voice I've heard since Abie Philbin Bowman, thank god he dosent narrate talking versions of his books .

Really? I was just thinking he was interesting to listen to. Maybe it's just the subject matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just flicked over from Newstalk...is that Smug Smugenport I hear?

Haven't heard him on NT for a while. Not that long ago you could hardly turn it on without hearing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Roundstone garda station? In Wicklow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Presumably Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Presumably Roundwood.

Fergal Keane sounded a bit
    confused making that report.
    Sean had to correct him re
    the name if the girl who was
    murdered. He also referred to
    her and her father's visit to
    her mother's grave 'near Bray,
    Co. Dublin'.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

lol... I switched over to him as well when Connolly was on... there's just something about the all knowing Fionn Davenport that irks everybody I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Haven't heard him on NT for a while. Not that long ago you could hardly turn it on without hearing him.

He ran out of free air-miles.
    Back to regale everyone with his tales of how he was bathing off of St. Barts with spider monkeys for the past two weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement