Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

padd b1975 wrote: »
    +1.

I feel she is much too emotionally involved to be dictating legislation about road safety.

I'm afraid this was only too apparent listening to her interview with Séan earlier.

It seemed to me she won't be happy until there is a law with her son's name attached to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

evilivor wrote: »
    It seemed to me she won't be happy until there is a law with her son's name attached to it.

That's a very cynical post there.

Disgusting, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I feel she is much too emotionally involved to be dictating legislation about road safety.

I think that just because somebody is the victim of somebody driving too fast in a housing estate doesnt necessarily make them the best person to legislate on the matter... I remember a local girl who's brother died on the N7, who was interviewed on TV and said "They should put traffic lights on that road".... The presenter didnt have the heart to point out how ridiculous a suggestion this was...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good old RTÉ Radio One.

As soon as a guest mentions the fun of kinky sex, the interview abruptly cuts to the programme jingle, an ad break and returns with a dollop of diddly aye music. ;)

Is the ghost of John Charles McQuaid at the controls ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Lapin wrote: »
    Good old RTÉ Radio One.

As soon as a guest mentions the fun of kinky sex, the interview abruptly cuts to the programme jingle, an ad break and returns with a dollop of diddly aye music. ;)

It was a bit crude (I'm referring to the interruption, not to the programme content).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

That poor woman sounds like she should be at home in her bed with the hot water bottle ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Lapin wrote: »
    Good old RTÉ Radio One.

Was it a mistake?

Not really shocking.

A certain current court case is far more graphic.

He came back from the ad break and said nothing.

Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

evilivor wrote: »
    Emotive bollocks, plain and simple.

That sort of nonsense really needed to be nipped in the bud by someone close to her with a sensible head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Be Prepared this morning People!!
    MLOD has spent a day on a daffodil farm and is going to give us her report on it.

Never before have I hoped for a natural disaster in which everybody survives so that they may replace her segment.

• Advertisement

Be Prepared this morning People!!
    MLOD has spent a day on a daffodil farm and is going to give us her report on it.

Never before have I hoped for a natural disaster in which everybody survives so that they may replace her segment.

MLOD on a Monday! Surely Amnesty would log that as torture - where is the UN when we need them? A day for Lyric me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lochderg

Could you perhaps tell us what one or two of these 'important items' might be?

there are plenty- what about the 1%?- never ever discussed-are you okay with it?-should we pass on these value to our kids? -given that most wars are over land or resources should we look forward to another major world war in the next 25 years-come on there are bucketloads of topics

I'd vote for that man based on his accent ... sooooooooooo sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Dear Jesus is there a show keelin shanley CAN'T kill ?

This is unbearably dull bollocks when the subject is actually of interest .

Only reason I'm still listening is because pats talkin about a road in galway that no one wants except the council ( n they won't go on his show )

Ah for the love of God I can't be listening to this rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I find her veeerrryyy irritating as a host - she interrupts guests a lot, but equally doesn't seem to be able to steer/direct interviews. She also (seems to me at least) to be driving an agenda, which I think is a no-no when working on RTÉ (right?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

dulpit wrote: »
    I find her veeerrryyy irritating as a host - she interrupts guests a lot, but equally doesn't seem to be able to steer/direct interviews. She also (seems to me at least) to be driving an agenda, which I think is a no-no when working on RTÉ (right?)

Realise agenda is a bit harsh, what I mean is what she actually thinks comes through quite a bit - which is refreshing I suppose, but she can't be outwardly supporting her position either, which makes for annoying radio...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sorry is this the FIRST Time someone in the media has said education on a subject is a waste of time ?

FFS.

Im off, i wouldnt be as circumspect as yourself dulpit. i DO think she's has an agenda and and ya can hear it writ loud here now on the subject of alcohol consumption with a lad from diagio. ya'd swear he was part of the empire or something the way she's going on

fupped if im supporting this hatcht job so its off to pat for me.

That Diageo guy is one slippery gent .... fair play to Keelan she's not giving him an easy time of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

Callan57 wrote: »
    That Diageo guy is one slippery gent .... fair play to Keelan she's not giving him an easy time of it
    Thought she landed a few punches but didn't follow up enough for me. For instance, she asked yer man how would he define moderate drinking. He went back to people falling around drunk. She mentioned that he didn't answer the question but didn't pursue him on it.

In fairness she did get him a nice one on Arthur's Day - if ever an event was designed to promote out of control drinking, that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

This is unbearably dull bollocks when the subject is actually of interest .

Only reason I'm still listening is because pats talkin about a road in galway that no one wants except the council ( n they won't go on his show )

100%

I couldn't reach the radio in time as I was being swallowed up by the gloom.

• Advertisement

Eamonn Ryan's desire to air-brush the past is nauseating :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Eamonn Ryan's desire to air-brush the past is nauseating :mad:

I have some sympathy for him. He was completely out of his league as were the whole Green Party. They went from worrying about how best to prevent greenfly eating their beetroots to worrying about complex financial interdependencies between bankers who were blatantly lying to them. And, worse still, everyone else in the room had pretty much agreed what was going to happen in advance via the old boys network. It was men against boys in that coalition.

Do you wanna take the phone off speaker, Ferghal?

If he wasnt prepared to put in the effort of lifting the receiver, then RTE shouldnt have bothered calling him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Mary Hannifin on talking about why Fianna Fail are not making progress in the polls. Well Mary that might be the fact that too many of the toxic Ahern/Cowen frontbench are still the public face of the party. Martin, O'Dea, O'Cuiv and Hannifin need to shuffle off to the backbenches and leave new faces give it a go.

Hanafin & Collins in denial :(

sickening to hear this woman back on again... She is getting 140k a year for her part in voting through all of Bertie's policies... Absolutely sickening how she is trying to distance herself from any involvement..

sickening to hear this woman back on again... She is getting 140k a year for her part in voting through all of Bertie's policies... Absolutely sickening how she is trying to distance herself from any involvement..

Unbelieveable arrogance :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

touts wrote: »
    I have some sympathy for him. He was completely out of his league as were the whole Green Party. They went from worrying about how best to prevent greenfly eating their beetroots to worrying about complex financial interdependencies between bankers who were blatantly lying to them. And, worse still, everyone else in the room had pretty much agreed what was going to happen in advance via the old boys network. It was men against boys in that coalition.

Quite possibly true, but perhaps then they should have realised they'd made a big mistake and pulled out of government early?

The unfortunate thing is she will probably be elected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

touts wrote: »
    Mary Hannifin on talking about why Fianna Fail are not making progress in the polls. Well Mary that might be the fact that too many of the toxic Ahern/Cowen frontbench are still the public face of the party. Martin, O'Dea, O'Cuiv and Hannifin need to shuffle off to the backbenches and leave new faces give it a go.

You can add tom Mc ellistrim to that list of Fianna fail failures coming back out of the shadows again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

The unfortunate thing is she will probably be elected.

Surely not, unless she changes constituency. You'd think that any anti government party vote in Dunlaoighre will go more towards independents and maybe water charges people, maybe SF in the more deprived parts.

Now for the hardy annual "Good Friday Pub Opening"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

is this christy "man of the people" burke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Injecting vodka ? Explains a lot of what he came out with during the Gareth Brukes fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,656 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Christ, this interview is worthy of a Joe Duffy Lahvline special :eek:

"Will you have a drink on Good Friday, Christy?"

Keelins treading on Joe Duffy territory here

Noel Whelan is the only expert they could get to give opinion on British Politics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Can a producer not tell Michael to step out of the wind!!

• Advertisement

It's true what they say though.. Ed Miliband does look like Wallace, I think it's the eyes and the vacant stare..

kc4wo5j9vtpmttlrhvfa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Researchers must have started their Easter holidays early. Very lazy stuff today. Chick-lit authors complaining about being labelled chick-lit, and now a piece about hipsters. What next? A discussion about the future of One Direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is this item on hipsters real or some bit of satire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Noel Whelan is the only expert they could get to give opinion on British Politics?

Noel has his finger firmly on the British political pulse. He knows everything about "Alan" Salmond.....

Researchers must have started their Easter holidays early. Very lazy stuff today. Chick-lit authors complaining about being labelled chick-lit, and now a piece about hipsters. What next? A discussion about the future of One Direction?

dont surprised.1 direction got discussion on morning ireland yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

neris wrote: »
    dont surprised.1 direction got discussion on morning ireland yesterday
    And on Ray Darcy

• Advertisement

Do we really have to listen to this g0b****e lecturing us about economics every week...

And this union shill... you were brought in to the studio to discuss the issues of the week, not to shoehorn in your own agenda..

I can appreciate why Jim "soft landing" Power wants us to forget about the past :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The principles of the Independent group sound like "Mom and Apple Pie" ... load of pretentious waffle

The principles of the Independent group sound like "Mom and Apple Pie" ... load of pretentious waffle

Absolutely, which is why I texted RTE suggesting that Mr Ross get a one way ticket to Utopia.

Pretentious waffle is a good summation, no indication about who is going to pay,but we of course know,don't we, middle Ireland!

I'm glad someone other than myself sees thru Ross and his fellow Independents who will ruin Politics in this country if they are not exposed for what they are.

Single issue no policy hurlers on the ditch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Absolutely, which is why I texted RTE suggesting that Mr Ross get a one way ticket to Utopia.

Pretentious waffle is a good summation, no indication about who is going to pay,but we of course know,don't we, middle Ireland!

I'm glad someone other than myself sees thru Ross and his fellow Independents who will ruin Politics in this country if they are not exposed for what they are.

Single issue no policy hurlers on the ditch.

Ruin politics?

Seriously?

Irish politics is in the Gutter. Fianna fail and fine Gael have pilliged, robbed and bled the country for there own monetary gain for generations!

The independents CANT be any worse!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement