Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,561 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Where did he dig up those Henry Girls. :(. Pure crap
    Ah they're good enough. But that second song was something like you would expect on a children's program. Really didn't fit the show.
    I love the Henry Girls! They do a fantastic version of Elvis Costello's Watching the Detectives.

Just heard a song by them on Playback - don't know if it's the one referred to - I thought it was lovely. Reminded me of the Swimming Song by the McGarrigles. You need something a bit different every now and then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

is prime time investigates by any other name not just prime time investiages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,561 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone else get as irritated as I do by Diarmuid Ferriter's habit of talking about past events in the present tense?

It's like fingernails on a blackboard to me :mad:

joe higgins couldnt hang any individuals (political or baker) so wouldnt sign off on the banking report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone else get as irritated as I do by Diarmuid Ferriter's habit of talking about past events in the present tense?

Ferritéar is like fingernails on a blackboard for me- period.

Irrespective of what he says.

Didn't hear the piece but let me guess, he was whinging about funding for something or someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

That's because a lot of what he calls history others would call stale current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I agree with April. But seriously "Tyrannical"???
    Using words like this isn't going to help her cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The "tyranny" of the majority.

This one needs to get over herself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Her favorite word is I`d say is "discrimination"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Well I do think it is discrimination, but she is a bit naive (and akin to a 1st year law debating society member) if she thinks accusing the majority of tyranny is going to down well with the listeners. It's not Saudi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jimceart

This fellow is doing a splendid job and giving Pat a real challenge down the dial. Sean is a great interviewer using a clear precise format to get the best out of interviewees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jimceart wrote: »
    This fellow is doing a splendid job and giving Pat a real challenge down the dial. Sean is a great interviewer using a clear precise format to get the best out of interviewees.

He's doing a pit more than that, he's wiping the floor with him according to the JNLR's.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is it just me or was that last hour totally surreal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is it just me or was that last hour totally surreal?

The apology for running over the turkey farmer's dog was pure Partridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And the way his grandad used to train his dogs to avoid cars. And killing turkeys on radio sure beats Dinjoe.
    I was only half awake. Had to check I hadn't been asleep for a day and a half and woken up for Callans Kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The apology for running over the turkey farmer's dog was pure Partridge.

now this is gotta stream !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Can't wait to hear what the loony left have to say ..

snip

im sure the loonies will be on complaining that rte are over reacting and cant say nasty things about the poor muslims. If people dont like the way we live or dress in this country let them go off to the paradise that is the middle east and enjoy life under the wonderful glorious sharia law

• Advertisement

yes Ali theres no Irish in Syria and Gerry Adams wasnt a member of the IRA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If anything ever happens over here he should be first on the list for the special branch to take in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Me think that guy doth protest too much :rolleyes:

all it does is takes a few nut jobs ( 1 or 2) in a large population/segment of society to cause mass terror in the space of 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This guy is some plonker.

Ali Selim, dangerous man ...

• Advertisement

Ali Selim, dangerous man ...

he sure is, you,d wonder what he,d be up to and talking to in his spare time

neris wrote: »
    he sure is, you,d wonder what he,d be up to and talking to in his spare time

Yep... and it makes me a "Racist" to think so apparently..

Yep... and it makes me a "Racist" to think so apparently..

its funny what people will say and call u in public but when you say the same thing to friends and family and people you know alot of them agree

its funny what people will say and call u in public but when you say the same thing to friends and family and people you know alot of them agree

I think because people that know you know what you really mean, where as text online from someone anonymous can be twisted and contorted etc..

This works both ways of course, I might think some of the "loony lefties" are daft on here, but if I were to know them in real life, we'd probably agree on 90% of things.

just a thought.

Jaysus that one Tara is determined not to be dominated on today's show,D'yknow.

Tara Loughreigh-Grant (sp).

Determined to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jesus, Joan is some waffler. Singing from the spin hymnsheet and winding down the clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

MLD outdoes herself for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She's some gob****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Missed that, I tend to hit the off switch when MLD comes on these days!!

BarryD wrote: »
    Missed that, I tend to hit the off switch when MLD comes on these days!!

Likewise my finger normally hovers over the OFF button when I hear MLOD but this morning she was reasonably OK but then she was mainly there to read some poetry (not her own thankfully)!
    If she could stick to just reading poetry I'd be happy & if RTE would stop sending her to do OTT hyper nonsense reports on the oddities and weirdness of the people down the country :rolleyes:
    I kinda panicked though when Sean said he had MLOD and Blaithin both on together - I was very concerned about the decibel level my poor ears would be exposed to. But someone must have told the two of them to keep it zipped and just read the poetry :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    Likewise my finger normally hovers over the OFF button when I hear MLOD but this morning she was reasonably OK but then she was mainly there to read some poetry (not her own thankfully)!
    If she could stick to just reading poetry I'd be happy & if RTE would stop sending her to do OTT hyper nonsense reports on the oddities and weirdness of the people down the country :rolleyes:
    I kinda panicked though when Sean said he had MLOD and Blaithin both on together - I was very concerned about the decibel level my poor ears would be exposed to. But someone must have told the two of them to keep it zipped and just read the poetry :)

Soon as I heard the name- bang- off button whacked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Jaysus that one Tara is determined not to be dominated on today's show,D'yknow.

Tara Loughreigh-Grant (sp).

Determined to get in.

You only get one shot at it Brendan !

Not quite about the logic of this IFA man from Connaught. He's ignoring the draining of farmland by his members which has resulted in faster runoff and loss of buffers. Whilst on other hand, saying that flooding is causing the loss of species like corncrake etc. But corncrakes habitat along the Shannon was largely callow land - land that floods periodically. http://www.iwt.ie/what-we-do/reserves/shannon-callows-co-offaly

So he seems to want to drain more land, remove wetlands, dredge & deepen the channels and basically speed up the whole Shannon so that it all pours southwards at a greater rate. God help all the people below Lough Derg :(

Surely what is needed is the opposite - slow down the whole drainage, so that it enters the rivers and lakes more gradually. Stop draining of bogs, control drainage of land for farming and forestry. Move people who are going to be badly affected. Just learn what our ancestors knew and that is, to live with it.

People dont want to be moved to avoid been flooded they feel theyve some god given right that the govt should sort everything out for them and redirect mother nature to affect another poor unfortunate its a mindset that needs to be dealt with aswell

People dont want to be moved to avoid been flooded they feel theyve some god given right that the govt should sort everything out for them and redirect mother nature to affect another poor unfortunate its a mindset that needs to be dealt with aswell

I have a lot of sympathy for people enduring flooding but there isn't a lot of point adopting a King Canute attitude. It has always been the case that humans have had to relocate due to flooding or other natural causes. There are lots of evidence of areas abandoned, by sometimes whole communities, all over the world - it's reality.
    Without a doubt a lot of people should be thanking God the Celtic Tiger imploded or many more communities would be enduring flooding now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

"Get the diggers moving to ease flooding say the construction industrtyfederation"
    apart from the CFI been a bunch of opportunistic chancers is sean orourke a mouth piece for them aswell. This seems to be the only show they appear on regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Michael Martin is doing a woeful job of selling himself and his party.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Michael Martin is doing a woeful job of selling himself and his party.

had to tune out but he was dreadful, the political future of the country looks really bleak for the next couple of years. wonder in the next few years will be having elections every few months

"Get the diggers moving to ease flooding say the construction industrtyfederation"
    apart from the CFI been a bunch of opportunistic chancers is sean orourke a mouth piece for them aswell. This seems to be the only show they appear on regularly

Never trust a man with a digger!

Micheal being put on the spot I see with regard to the usual waffle re 'fixing health'. I have a quicker solution - remove private health care from all elected TDs, hospital administrators, consultants and senior civil servants and their immediate families. The health service would be fixed up very quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Absolutely, if he's putting himself forward at the next taoiseach his party is in dire straits. Economically though we've recovered pretty well under FG considering where we were a few year back.

Never trust a man with a digger!

Micheal being put on the spot I see with regard to the usual waffle re 'fixing health'. I have a quicker solution - remove private health care from all elected TDs, hospital administrators, consultants and senior civil servants and their immediate families. The health service would be fixed up very quick.

You are absolutely correct & while you are at it remove free parking from the same group and watch out pathetic public transport system being fixed too ... not much chance of either happening though

Michael Martin & Tom Parlon - great how these guys can resolve everything now after both contributed to the almighty mess that was made of our country

Tom Parlon wants to speed up the Shannon, rush the water down. If the people of Athlone, Killaloe and Limerick thought they have problems now, they'd better watch out for Tom. He'll have them all under six feet of water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tom Parlon is concerned about the river:rolleyes:

Tom Parlon wants to speed up the Shannon, rush the water down. If the people of Athlone, Killaloe and Limerick thought they have problems now, they'd better watch out for Tom. He'll have them all under six feet of water.

Tom will "flush" them out & lorry cart loads of our taxes to his members :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Would Chloe get on the Radio if she wasn't the daughter of Dame Twink and His Naughtiness, DAgnew?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement