Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anyone else all electioned out of it

BarryD wrote: »
    Watched the 'debate' last night. I thought it was turgid stuff - predictable hackneyed questions, predictable hackneyed answers, predictable audience reaction.

Learnt nothing new and there wasn't even any argy bargy to add a bit of entertainment value. I don't think I'll vote for any of them.

i dont think any of these debates are going to swing voters, most people know who,ll they vote for or at least what wing any party they are going to vote for are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Callan57 wrote: »
    Call me cynical but IMO Lucinda was pandering to a niche constituency, parish pump politics at it's worst. Looking after No 1 - no different from any of the rest.

I think it should be written as "no different from any of than the rest of us". Every constituency seems to resent the fact that another constituency will look for a better deal (i.e. the minister getting the new road, getting company to locate in their area etc etc), but this is what every constituent votes for FOR THEMSELVES. This is the hypocrisy of it all. And then we blame the politicians when they dont have the national interest at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

neris wrote: »
    i dont think any of these debates are going to swing voters, most people know who,ll they vote for or at least what wing any party they are going to vote for are on.

Yeah, but at least they could vary the topics a bit. Throw in a few bombs and awkward questions and see how they deal with them. It all looked & sounded too prepared.

Joan looked like shed had a botched face job last night.

• Advertisement

Seems it doesn't matter how violent you are in this life, how many people you abuse etc., the church will forgive you on your deathbed.

Some questionable morality there.. what a blueprint for how to live a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Seems it doesn't matter how violent you are in this life, how many people you abuse etc., the church will forgive you on your deathbed.

The good old get out of jail card :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's Christianity my friend.

Thats how it works.

Rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

very rude economist

That's Christianity my friend.

Thats how it works.

Rightly or wrongly.

Yes indeed and don't worry if you're downtrodden in this life... for the poor shall inherit the kingdom of heaven... but just make sure you pay your weekly parish dues etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes indeed and don't worry if you're downtrodden in this life... for the poor shall inherit the kingdom of heaven... but just make sure you pay your weekly parish dues etc.

link?

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Has Valerie Cox been pensioned off?

Gerry Ryan Show "left luggage" Evelyn O' Rourke seems to have been drafted in to do the type of stuff that was her thing....

That's Christianity Fairy Tales my friend.

Thats how it works.

Rightly or wrongly.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did I hear Kenny banging the poor desk in the radio studio?
    "I'm going to Brussels thump next thump Thursday thump"

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did I hear Kenny banging the poor desk in the radio studio?
    "I'm going to Brussels thump next thump Thursday thump"

Possibly.. the world carries on, election or no. Do you think he should ignore the EU?

O'Rourke's true colours showing through here - the antipathy is evident :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

"the economy is recovering" by the 26th Feb we will be blue in the face hearing this catchphrase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Listening to the fake laughter during the sports slot, I thought I tuned into Funny Friday for a few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The bottom line here is, and there will be a bunch of community/ social workers on talking about deprevation etc, to stop all this thuggery is DON'T TAKE DRUGS! No point in getting hooked on drugs and blaming everyone and anyone, DON'T TAKE DRUGS!

this topics nearly as dull and boring as the contributors voice

Sean's not in the mood to take any crap this morning! Might as well nail all the waffle and spin.

• Advertisement

Why does Gerry Adams keep saying 'we will do this and we will do that' ?
    They have already admitted that they won't/can't be in Government so the won't be able to do anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is Gerry Adams able to be interviewed without saying "I didn't interrupt you so don't interrupt me" or some variation?

Why does Gerry Adams keep saying 'we will do this and we will do that' ?
    They have already admitted that they won't/can't be in Government so the won't be able to do anything!

Presumably to bolster their position for future elections - only really interested in sucking votes away from other left wing candidates and parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jurry wants to be all things to all people. Sean had his measure fairly quickly.

Gerry is only taxing 100K earners 7c in the euro!

De mattymatics is very tricky.. I suppose Gerry and Joe share that characteristic.

Jaysus 59% finally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Oh Gerry.... a bit of a faux pas there

7% tax on income over 100k.... that is a massive massive tax cut!

Fun fact: A family with health insurance will have their premiums increased by about 600-€700 per year under Gerry.

The host states that to deliver Gerry's services an economy has to grow....
    Gerry: "No it doesn't"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Gerry "Sean, take you microphone" I thought he was going to sqay where to put it :eek:

• Advertisement

What carcrash radio. Whatever chance SF had Gerry has just blown out of the water

Aah... "global factors".... is it on anyone's Bingo card?

"Burn the bondholders".... there must be a winner!

What carcrash radio. Whatever chance SF had Gerry has just blown out of the water

They would have been better off sending on Homer Simpson to discuss economics!

Be interesting to see if it's replayed in later bulletins!

Be interesting to see if it's replayed in later bulletins!

I wonder if they are still complaining on the amount of air play they are getting! http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/news/revealed-sinn-fins-orchestrated-campaign-of-intimidation-against-rt-34463842.html

Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean

• Advertisement

Sean... sean... sean... sean... sean... sean... inequality Sean..... sean... sean... sean... sean.... Did you know there is inequality Sean?..... sean....sean... sean.

Gerry is so far out of touch with business people in the private sector. He's living in some sort of utopia as far as I can tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Gerry getting a fair grilling there , O'Rourke not indulging his folksy anecdotes and detours off topic, still very weak on economic and taxation policy. Talking about emigrants returning out of a patriotic sense of contributing to the growth of our economy , how much has has his good republican friend Tom Muephy contributed to our economy ? Some patriotism !!

I'd say Gerry was glad to get to the end of that interview :)

Another day, another dollar.

I'd say Gerry was glad to get to the end of that interview :)

Another day, another dollar.
    He sounded deflated at the end - he knew he blew it.

I don't think it will make much difference to his voters though - it will just reinforce that they won't get transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

I would say any foreign business in Ireland that listened that crap from a man who clearly does not know or have a clue what he is talking about would be out of this Country in a flash if they got into power, I never heard such a load of rubbish in my life, I could not understand what he was saying because he does not know himself either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Aerohead wrote: »
    I would say any foreign business in Ireland that listened that crap from a man who clearly does not know or have a clue what he is talking about would be out of this Country in a flash if they got into power, I never heard such a load of rubbish in my life, I could not understand what he was saying because he does not know himself either.

And SF supporters claim that Enda Kenny is economically illiterate ?? That interview will haunt Gerry , but I don't suppose it will make much difference to SF support , long as he sticks to the "tax the rich to keep the handouts going" mantra

The change in SF policy has been interesting over the years.

If you look at the old policy documents on their website archive you can see that they were very much in-house.
    Full of whimsy & spelling mistakes.

But the current documents, like their behemoth 84-page 'better for health' were very obviously written by outside help.
    The SF platform is actually pretty simple, however Gerry seemed barely familiar with it all....

Not quite car crash, but very poor grasp nonetheless.

Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean

'And by the way' + 'the peace process'

There's never any shortage of guards when it comes to dealing with water meter protestors. They seem to have a different attitude when it comes to dealing with pissed-up students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Methinks there'll be filleted Adams on the menu in Montrose for lunch.

Good God almighty. You can imagine Sinn Fein handlers out in the control room with their head in their hands. Gerry was always bad at the economics - but he's had at least the last five years to try and improve that side, but obviously hasn't bothered to do so. (I don't believe that he wouldn't be able). At their launch, when they were talking about "fiscal space" :rolleyes: he deferred straight away to Pearse Doherty.

Gerry's even worse at th'oul Economics than Enda - and that's saying something!

The only good to come out of this now you'd have to think would be for Mary Lou/Pearse - surely now they can convince the party to throw Gerry overboard.

On another point - why isn't Sean chairing any of the TV debates?

There's never any shortage of guards when it comes to dealing with water meter protestors. They seem to have a different attitude when it comes to dealing with pissed-up students.

Funny enough all the water meter protestors seem to have vanished for the winter, then again I suppose the weather is a bit nippy for the pyjama wearing brigade.

serfboard wrote: »
    The only good to come out of this now you'd have to think would be for Mary Lou/Pearse - surely now they can convince the party to throw Gerry overboard.

If it were any other party, that might be the case, but this is Sinn Fein we're talking about. Everybody sings from the same hymnsheet and dissent isn't tolerated. It's more of a cult than a political party.

serfboard wrote: »
    Methinks there'll be filleted Adams on the menu in Montrose for lunch.

Good God almighty. You can imagine Sinn Fein handlers out in the control room with their head in their hands. Gerry was always bad at the economics - but he's had at least the last five years to try and improve that side, but obviously hasn't bothered to do so. (I don't believe that he wouldn't be able). At their launch, when they were talking about "fiscal space" :rolleyes: he deferred straight away to Pearse Doherty.

Gerry's even worse at th'oul Economics than Enda - and that's saying something!

On another point - why isn't Sean chairing any of the TV debates?

The diesel & ciggarette wing of SF will never allow Mary Lou to be in charge.

Funny enough all the water meter protestors seem to have vanished for the winter, then again I suppose the weather is a bit nippy for the pyjama wearing brigade.

Vanished you say? Take a trip down to Cork and see for yourself that they're very much still active.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement