Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BarryD wrote: »
    Maybe, I was figuring he might be going to have a good chat with himself and see what his alter ego advises?? Michael Healy: vote Micheal. Michael Rae: vote Enda, Michael Healy: vote Micheal. Michael Rae: vote Enda etc

Surprised to hear such a simplistic analysis from Stephen Donnelly. I'd be thinking the vast majority of people who vote Fianna Fail or Fine Gael these days aren't remotely concerned with which trench their grandfather sat in. They are just simply centre or right of centre, have jobs, houses and savings etc., and want to keep them.

Heh heh your man Mick Barry with the north Cork accent,made no secret of the fact he and his fellow travellers would love to get their hands on any 'spare' dosh some people might have saved for the rainy day.

Re-alignment of wealth,I think is the polite term for robbing anyone who tries to pay their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Heh heh your man Mick Barry with the north Cork accent,made no secret of the fact he and his fellow travellers would love to get their hands on any 'spare' dosh some people might have saved for the rainy day.

Re-alignment of wealth,I think is the polite term for robbing anyone who tries to pay their way.

Indeed, and the logical progression is that the population bulge of younger people who are probably more likely at present to vote for the likes of above, will steadily migrate to a more conservative viewpoint as they age.

So the idea of some grand left coalition (which is improbable anyway) is just that, an idea. Unless there is some major radical event to the lifestyles and income that many people currently enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Remember when we used to say the "middle ground was becoming very crowded"? It now looks like there isn't breathing space on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why is that, Bren? Have you got a few hundred grand stashed away in a high-interest savings account? ;)

Why is that, Bren? Have you got a few hundred grand stashed away in a high-interest savings account? ;)

Bad news Hal, no high interest savings accounts anymore,thing of the past.

And with the Dirt at 41% :eek:

Under the mattress Hal, don't tell Ashton Gate:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well Coppinger was talking pot shots at SF this morning about how she thinks they're whinging about her grouping not transferring to SF in Dublin West, leading to Paul Donnelly not getting elected.

Maybe she's being coy like kids do with people they fancy, slagging them as a form of flirtation?
    Coppinger flirting.... That would be something to behold in a car crash sort of way.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Coppinger flirting.... That would be something to behold in a car crash sort of way.

That would be a scary sight to behold ......

Under the mattress Hal, don't tell Ashton Gate:D

The lads will get it, one way or the other..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

"Brian Hayes, were you the FG strategist quoted as saying 'We will share the sh1t out of them'?"

What's the point in asking this, he would never admit it in a million years if he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"Brian Hayes, were you the FG strategist quoted as saying 'We will share the sh1t out of them'?"

What's the point in asking this, he would never admit it in a million years if he was?

It's great to see him being taken down a peg or ten, the arrogant little twerp.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a Road to Damascus conversion to Dail reform....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

BarryD wrote: »
    Sounds like a Road to Damascus conversion to Dail reform....

FF are very horny for reform when they aren't in power.

But FG should give Biffo jr what they want.... and then step aside....
    Because their 'reform' bleating is very plainly an attempt to 'pre-neuter' any FG led government.

And aside from being a very obvious trap, it's an attempt to make Martin appear more statesman like.

So.... let him have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pity he didn't ask him about Noonan and NI NAMA.

" we worked very hard to find someone to slate 'the Donald'".

viva balance!

Trump is a buffoon, but I hope he wins.
    Montrose would be on suicide watch.

question from RTE journo to random old man...
    'Do you think he will get into heaven?'

Can standards get any lower?

"Have you any influence over the vatican?" As if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Because their 'reform' bleating is very plainly an attempt to 'pre-neuter' any FG led government.

And aside from being a very obvious trap, it's an attempt to make Martin appear more statesman like.

So.... let him have it.

It's a shrewd tactic though...rather than going straight to another election FF can point to these reforms and say "This Dail did achieve something and we're largely responsible for it" and at the same time avoid having to support any unpopular FG fiscal measures.

I still think that whenever the next election happens, FF and FG will have to acknowledge beforehand that they will go into government together afterward if there is no realistic alternative.

If 'Dail reform' is as easy as some suggest - just a matter of a majority voting for a change in standing orders, then what is to stop any future majority from simply changing it back to something near the present system or whatever suits them??

In that scenario, Fianna Fail could be winners all round. Support a minority government till the autumn, have more power, pull out after 6 months or a year. Come back with a majority and then change standing orders to suit.

Sounds like a pretty good plan, eh? And I reckon Enda might do the same if things were reversed.

So.... let him have it.

And the corollary of that is the Shinners have suddenly gone all slack-cocked at the whiff of power.

Seems like it's sniping from oppo benches is what brings on their wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭deekster

Sean's reveal of Tommy O'Malley was masterful and had me applauding the radio.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear Shane Ross on Morning Ireland earlier when asked had he paid his water bill??

There was a moment's hesitation, a mumble .. then 'my wife paid it'!!!!!!!!!

Dare say he might get a good clip around the ears later for passing the buck. I'd like to think a pillar of society like Shane Ross would at least stand up and have a bit more moral courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Alan Shatter as usual blaming other people for his failures.

Plus ça change...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Alan Shatter as usual blaming other people for his failures.

Plus ça change...
    They're deluding themselves Alan????
    Pot and kettle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

To be honest I heard him. Didn't think anything of it. He answered the question honestly,he didn't his missus did. Doesn't matter wo pays it so long as someone does.

Nothing EVER gave me as much pleasure as that pig loosing his seat. He's saying loads about nothing as per usual

Turning the knife on Inda ...sour grapes..much

• Advertisement

"I don't want to be firing spears at individuals..."
    But that's exactly what you're doing!

I wonder what he'd be saying if he had managed to keep his own cushy seat, I bet he wouldn't be rocking the boat.

Veiled threats. Must be planning g a buke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Christ but he's full of his own self-importance.

I was never so glad to see anyone lose their seat as I was to see him lose his.

To be honest I heard him. Didn't think anything of it. He answered the question honestly,he didn't his missus did. Doesn't matter wo pays it so long as someone does.

Ah go on, Shane Ross didn't want to admit that he'd paid his water bill 'cos he thought it would reflect badly on his populist stance. So he passed it off - my wife paid it!!!!!!! Lacking in conviction I'd think you'd call that?

Odyssey,Ross did as Ross does, takes responsibility for NOTHING.

No amount of 'spin' will change that.

He hadn't even the cahunas to say 'I paid the water charges' .

Some honesty that.

Been ducking and diving for the last five years and the fools still elect him.

• Advertisement

If they're fools to elect him,what would you call Lowry s voters.
    I can vote for neither btw...Thank fook

What's happened to S'OR - gone for a coffee or toilet break?

Brolly put him to sleep..oh wait !!

Joe Brolly. The GAA's Eamon Dunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Preacher Ryan will need his own Radio thread with the amount of airtime a party with 2 TD's will obviously get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

The left wing anarchists dont care about people getting a refund cos they werent supporting them anyway.

Why aren't these people forming a government?
    There are 100 anti-water TDs.

Get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Fair Play to Roistan Brady. Calling it as it is. There are too many leeches in this society who contribute nothing but demand everything. Hopefully this interview will prompt some close scrutiny on this element of society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The FF mafia put Fredo Brady in charge of the hotels in Miami :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Why aren't these people forming a government? There are 100 anti-water TDs.

Country would be bankrupt if those anarchists got in, no thanks.

• Advertisement

Why aren't these people forming a government? There are 100 anti-water TDs.

Most of the anti water TDs are adept at screaming and shouting about what they DONT want, but none of them would be able to agree on a SOLUTION to any of the country's problems. And let's be honest, most of them dont want the responsibility of having to make any decisions, because people who make decisions are unpopular.

I feel sorry for this woman, but using euphemisms like "found herself pregnant" dont help the situation. I mean she's homeless, not able to look after herself and she got pregnant herself, with a man "who is not able to look after himself". And whether Valerie Cox likes it or not, she's at least 50% responsible. There's only so much the state can do when people make such terrible decisions.

I feel sorry for this woman, but using euphemisms like "found herself pregnant" dont help the situation. I mean she's homeless, not able to look after herself and she got pregnant herself, with a man "who is not able to look after himself". And whether Valerie Cox likes it or not, she's at least 50% responsible. There's only so much the state can do when people make such terrible decisions.

You were reading my mind there! Realistically get yourself pregnant and the state is obliged to provide you with a house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

touts wrote: »
    Fair Play to Roistan Brady. Calling it as it is. There are too many leeches in this society who contribute nothing but demand everything. Hopefully this interview will prompt some close scrutiny on this element of society.

totally agree and about time some one put out it in plain and simple english

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Less politics; more radio show talk please. If you wish to discuss how and who should be in the new government there's the Politics cafe with suitable threads.

//MOD

Preacher Ryan will need his own Radio thread with the amount of airtime a party with 2 TD's will obviously get

As regards air time on radio shows or TV for that matter, I hardly think you can accuse the Greens of over saturation. If anything radio and TV have excluded them in recent months/ years. I'd prefer to hear Eamon on radio for a change to some of the others.

Varadkar on Shatter's comments the other day "Charming as always"
    He's not wrong! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Yeah good one RTE, have some junkie mother on with a newborn baby ... good stuff, sure its grand she has the right to have lots of kids ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

I actually heard someone recently describe how they 'fell pregnant' like it was an illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Yeah good one RTE, have some junkie mother on with a newborn baby ... good stuff, sure its grand she has the right to have lots of kids ..
    Is RTÉ supposed to pretend that such people don't exist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement