Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Callan57 wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake ... I didn't think it was possible for the water issue to become anymore surreal but I was wrong.

Never underestimate the determination of politicians to dig the hole deeper:o

And deeper and deeper......... they'll soon hit water and a lot of sh*te. Unbelievable how this relatively minor and commonsense proposal has been hijacked and magnified beyond all proportion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

"They're still talking about turf" ..... are we in a time warp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

"They're still talking about turf" ..... are we in a time warp?

this govt thing is getting very very parochial now and well beyond whats in the interests of the nation. the lad from waterford was on a soundbite on last word yesterday having a strop over the hospital down there and throwing his toys out of the pram that he wouldnt come back to dublin today. time for little Mickey D to step in and call a new election

Why is this Mary Lou on telling us all about what should and should not be done. She and Sinn Féin have been sitting on their hands for the past several weeks. They have done nothing to contribute, nothing. Irrelevant.

BarryD wrote: »
    Why is this Mary Lou on telling us all about what should and should not be done. She and Sinn Féin have been sitting on their hands for the past several weeks. They have done nothing to contribute, nothing. Irrelevant.

shes a pain in the hole with her lecturing and constant criticism and holier then thou attitude. then youve little BIFFO who seems to forget what FF did to the country years ago and spouting all these things they will do and should be done

Sinn Féin and Labour!

Don't know why labour are being given a free ride on this one, they still have 7 TDs, why aren't they supporting Enda Kenny? Or do accusations of putting party before country only apply to Fianna fail and Sinn Féin?

ah jaysus now coppinger on the phone, shes worse then mary lou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

neris wrote: »
    ah jaysus now coppinger on the phone, shes worse then mary lou

Personally I think she talks a lot of sense. I would imagine if I was stuck in a hotel room with a few kids I would certainly be agreeing with her.

Personally I think she talks a lot of sense. I would imagine if I was stuck in a hotel room with a few kids I would certainly be agreeing with her.

possibly but i find her general attitude is the same as paul murphy, let everyone else pay and sort out the lifestyles for the "poor unfortunates". If people are being offered homes and turning them down for stupid reasons thats not societies fault and the person turning down a perfectly good house has take responisbility for themselves ending up back in a hotel/hostel and not be blaming the govt etc

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

Mary Lou, Regina and Ruth
    Is there any other trio who like the sound of their own voice more.

The more they waffle, the more everything stays the same.......old politics recycled

• Advertisement

Mary Lou, Regina and Ruth
    Is there any other trio who like the sound of their own voice more.

The more they waffle, the more everything stays the same.......old politics recycled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If Ruth was in a hotel room the first thing she would do is whip down the curtains and rustle up a nice outfit for herself?

Ah why isn't Danny Healy Rae in on this discussion? I could use a good laugh on a Friday

Ah why isn't Danny Healy Rae in on this discussion? I could use a good laugh on a Friday

just rewatch the video of his speech in the dail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

One thing that struck me listening to the show (after being sickened with the auction politics) was with hospitals and roads and trains and turf cutting and all sorts of goodies being thrown at the Independents who back Kenny today the other independents who didn't back Kenny will be in for a rough reception from their constituents when they head back home this weekend. Mattie McGrath in particular struck me as a lad who suddenly realized mid way through the interview with the various independents that everyone else was going back to their constituency with something nice and shiny and he was going back with nothing.

touts wrote: »
    One thing that struck me listening to the show (after being sickened with the auction politics) was with hospitals and roads and trains and turf cutting and all sorts of goodies being thrown at the Independents who back Kenny today the other independents who didn't back Kenny will be in for a rough reception from their constituents when they head back home this weekend. Mattie McGrath in particular struck me as a lad who suddenly realized mid way through the interview with the various independents that everyone else was going back to their constituency with something nice and shiny and he was going back with nothing.

Probably suddenly dawned on Mattie that he might actually have to deliver something ... not just waffle about what everyone else should do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sinn Féin and Labour!

Don't know why labour are being given a free ride on this one, they still have 7 TDs, why aren't they supporting Enda Kenny? Or do accusations of putting party before country only apply to Fianna fail and Sinn Féin?

Because the country pretty much resoundingly voted them out of government. SF and FF were crowing about how great their gains were, one runs scared from government and the other is not far off.

Would anyone know if council tenants had to pay domestic rates back in the dayor were they on the gravy train with that?

I don't think it's just the independents will have that issue.

For example, the Social Democrats have gone missing and can Roisin Shortall really have any complaints re Health spending when seven TD's plus FG equals power and her party would have had one senior minister in that arrangement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Don't know why labour are being given a free ride on this one, they still have 7 TDs, why aren't they supporting Enda Kenny?

Moanie Joanie has her nose seriously out of joint with FG, given that they've rolled backed on the water tax. Just heard that Labour are going to vote against Enda for Taoiseach. Serves Labour right for deserting their traditional core voters. They deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ruth's and Mary Lou's habit of ending every single sentence (and a lot of phrases mid-sentence(?)) with a rising inflection (?), making it sound like a question (?), makes my ears BLEED :mad:

STOP SHOUTING, PAUL :mad:

neris wrote: »
    possibly but i find her general attitude is the same as paul murphy, let everyone else pay and sort out the lifestyles for the "poor unfortunates". If people are being offered homes and turning them down for stupid reasons thats not societies fault and the person turning down a perfectly good house has take responisbility for themselves ending up back in a hotel/hostel and not be blaming the govt etc

Nothing wrong with what you are saying there. I doubt however that many are turning down housing for silly reasons and the ones that are are being highlighted to make the problem seem less. I would ask myself why if I were living in a hotel with a few kids would I turn down a house. Here are a few,

The house is in a dangerous area where I would not feel safe with my family, bare in mind a lot of these hotels are not safe either.

There are absolutely no amenities such as schools and shops near the house.

Other than that I would take the house as I am sure most in hotels would too.

With regard to safety, I have never lived in a council house and I would strongly hesitate to buy a second hand council house to live in. Why? Anti social behaviour or a perception of it. This needs to be hammered out but sure we all know the Guards are under resourced and criminal behaviour, drug addiction and general anti social behaviour goes untackled.

Quite a few of the people in homeless accommodation have mental health issues. There isn't the political will to deal with this, not for the underprivileged anyway.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ruth's and Mary Lou's habit of ending every single sentence (and a lot of phrases mid-sentence(?)) with a rising inflection (?), making it sound like a question (?), makes my ears BLEED :mad:

Please say the will never reach Joan Burton levels..... Have to turn off the radio when she comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I really cannot stand listening to Ruth. She never, ever has anything positive to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I really cannot stand listening to Ruth. She never, ever has anything positive to say.

Yeah it's utterly depressing to listen to. It's not what she says it's her voice and the cadence,

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah it's utterly depressing to listen to. It's not what she says it's her voice and the cadence,

It's a lot of what she says as well. Never, ever has a single positive thing to say about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

You certainly would be agreeing with her and I'd guess you may even have been nodding your head as the idea of living in a hotel room was entering it.

DrumSteve wrote: »

I know she can't help it but Lord her voice is dreadfully whiny & did she ever crack a smile in her life??
    At least Mary Lou smiles, even if it is a sarky effort :rolleyes:

You certainly would be agreeing with her and I'd guess you may even have been nodding your head as the idea of living in a hotel room was entering it.

Can you rephrase that as your point is lost on me.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's a lot of what she says as well. Never, ever has a single positive thing to say about anything.

A while ago it was discovered that Westlife albums were used by the CIA as a torture technique.
    I think we may be missing a trick and we could do with the break :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well at least Mattie didn't engage in the 'new politics ' of turf cutter Michael Fitzmaurice. Fitzy played the ultimate cover my ass politics by abstaining on the vote when his fellow independent constituency colleague Denis Naughton voted for Kenny. He can go back in a blaze of glory to Roscommon and say he didn't vote for Kenny. This guy and Ming before him have taken Roscommon for a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Well at least Mattie didn't engage in the 'new politics ' of turf cutter Michael Fitzmaurice. Fitzy played the ultimate cover my ass politics by abstaining on the vote when his fellow independent constituency colleague Denis Naughton voted for Kenny. He can go back in a blaze of glory to Roscommon and say he didn't vote for Kenny. This guy and Ming before him have taken Roscommon for a ride.

A very expensive ride.

Sweet Baby Jesus the twins are on again

Is Seán on job sharing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is Seán on job sharing?
    Maybe he has health/family issues that he wants to keep private?

Oh this is such a tragic story. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

why are these criminals who are breaking the law of the land getting airtime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Convey on making excuses for what he's not going to do !.SOR giving him a very soft interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Poor Sean. Just listened to podcast of the blood pressure segment today. Doctor measured Sean's bp and kept referring to it throughout the interview as it was high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

honeybear wrote: »
    Poor Sean. Just listened to podcast of the blood pressure segment today. Doctor measured Sean's bp and kept referring to it throughout the interview as it was high.
    I didn't hear it, but it seems that it was inappropriate - first, because no medic should disclose any diagnosis in that way, and second, because the stress of presenting on radio can drive up blood pressure, and give a false reading.

honeybear wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with Sean?

I didn't hear it, but it seems that it was inappropriate - first, because no medic should disclose any diagnosis in that way, and second, because the stress of presenting on radio can drive up blood pressure, and give a false reading.

I think he was just trying to make the point that a one-off BP reading is of no use ... you need to monitor BP over 24hrs

So we can now pick and choose what bills we pay or what laws we obey ... interesting times

I don't agree with paying for electricity or VAT or the USC or PAYE for that matter ... but then if I and everyone else doesn't pay those taxes there is no money to pay the generous TD salaries

Yep, one law for the lawmakers and another for the citizens :(

Yep, one law for the lawmakers and another for the citizens :(

Yep looks to me like "the independents" want the salary but don't want the job!

Yep looks to me like "the independents" want the salary but don't want the job!

Sure and Micheál wants the power without taking any responsibility for implementation! Very odd arrangements but sure, we'll see what pans out :)

John Halligan was perfectly right to tell Fine Gael to go stuff themselves. They're a bunch of arrogant pompous twits. I don't hear too many FG TD's calling on a certain colleague to settle an amount owing to the Revenue Commissoners after their business went bust.

John Halligan was perfectly right to tell Fine Gael to go stuff themselves. They're a bunch of arrogant pompous twits. I don't hear too many FG TD's calling on a certain colleague to settle an amount owing to the Revenue Commissoners after their business went bust.

Mick Wallace?

• Advertisement

Mick Wallace?

Is it Mick Wallace who's telling John Halligan to pay his water charges?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement