Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

They are all raging that people didnt listen to their opinions about Trump. It's time for the media to start getting back to reporting the news and stop trying to influence with their opinions.

this result and brexit were 2 fingers from the little guy to the media telling the media to F off and stop trying to rail road their personal agendas over the man on the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

neris wrote: »
    this result and brexit were 2 fingers from the little guy to the media telling the media to F off and stop trying to rail road their personal agendas over the man on the street

Huge two-fingers to minority groups too. Hopefully this won't result in an increase in racially-motivated attacks, as happened in the aftermath of Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coby_jones

best comment of the hour came from the lady across the atlantic from " women for trump "

she knocked this " women issues " thing on the head and sensibly stated that woman and men face the same issues , clinton has always been an identity politics merchant , this election may signal the beginning of the end for the louise o neils of this world , generation snowflake has become tiresome to the majority of people who the liberal PC media more or less ignore

this election has rendered " the mainstream media " redundant !

they get nearly everything wrong when it comes to sensing where the people are , they are wrong on the syrian refugee crisis , they are wrong on many things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Was that Alison O'Connor at the end making the snide remark that Sarah Palin is in a beauty parlour trying to improve her looks from 5 or 6/10 to an 8/10 to try to impress Trump.

And then she complains about women being objectified and treated like sex objects by Trump and the media.

The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coby_jones

alison o connors level of smugness is only matched by her cluelessness on almost any topic , insufferable woman

she outed herself as anti democratic today , she claimed it was wrong to allow equal media coverage to trump , disgusting

RayM wrote: »
    Huge two-fingers to minority groups too. Hopefully this won't result in an increase in racially-motivated attacks, as happened in the aftermath of Brexit.

People are fearful of immigration they are fearful of other cultures that are incompatible with their cultures coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Red Kev wrote: »
    Was that Alison O'Connor at the end making the snide remark that Sarah Palin is in a beauty parlour trying to improve her looks from 5 or 6/10 to an 8/10 to try to impress Trump.

And then she complains about women being objectified and treated like sex objects by Trump and the media.

The mind boggles.

"Do as i say, not as i do" is the ideal that the left wing media lives by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

People are fearful of immigration they are fearful of other cultures that are incompatible with their cultures coming in.

... and just telling them they are "awful people" to feel that way isn't the answer.
    It's just unfortunate that the only way people have of making that opinion hear is to shoot themselves in the foot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gods RTE was one long LOLfest from 6am

i KNEW it'd be epic after brexit but i never thought it'd reach the heights of some shows today.

from alison O on Mourning ireland crying live on air, to alison o connor pissed off that the vagina lost it.

it was just glorious.

now rays going off on one.

what stood out for me today though was sean CLEARLY had his line up today to have wall to wall lionisation of ILLary and what her presidency "means" , then it all went tits up and they had to improvise.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

i KNEW it'd be epic after brexit but i never thought it'd reach the heights of some shows today.

from alison O on Mourning ireland crying live on air, to alison o connor pissed off that the vagina lost it.

it was just glorious.

what stood out for me today though was sean CLEARLY had his line up today to have wall to wall lionisation of ILLary and what her presidency "means" , then it all went tits up and they had to improvise.

Eh......... Don't call us, pal,.....….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

it was just glorious.

There really was no need for the extra hour, same points kept being made over and over and it all seemed to get a bit disorganised after 12.
    Personally I would have expected better from Sean for the climax of the biggest political story of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Have RTE really brought on this two bit psychologist to give a breakdown of all the psychological defects of a man he doesnt even know. Are professional psychologists even allowed to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

The show today was nothing but a disgusting display of anti-Trump hysteria.

Lynn Rosenthal, Obama's appointee, actually said "Trump's election is the last gasp of White supremacy", lol.

The way Sean stacked that segment was also pathetic. First,he has on the mother of a stabbing victim, then has Rosenthal on to discuss "domestic violence", with the clear understanding we were about to be "schooled" as to how a Trump administration somehow fits into this scenario and will endanger women.

Sean let her spew her rhetoric without one second of challenge. What a joke he is.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/author/lynn-rosenthal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Sean really has been in D4 too long , his pathetic anti -Trump digs at every tiny opportunity is half- arsed and unworthy at this stage , he's gone a bit like Marion finucane and her dinner party colleagues on a saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

How to pAY TriBute to COHEN, BY Playing a cover version ?

Another lifetime academic speaking of the French "doing the right thing and voting for Sarkozy". Seems like they have learned nothing from the previous elections this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Oops69 wrote: »

A good cover version though :)

Good to hear Sean putting a marker down on a senior civil servant like Shanahan in the IDA - 'too busy to explain matters to the public'. Some of these people need a good kick up the arse and a reminder of who they serve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Missed the cover version? I presume it's Hallelujah, that's ok in my book, kind of one he made his own in some ways.

I don't know this version of Tower of Song, though, with the bongos in the background. Totally unnecessary addition, the song was perfect the way it was, don't know why someone felt the need to mess with it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Missed the cover version? I presume it's Hallelujah, that's ok in my book, kind of one he made his own in some ways.

So Long Marianne. Excellent cover version too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oops69 wrote: »

A good cover version though :)

Good to hear Sean putting a marker down on a senior civil servant like Shanahan in the IDA - 'too busy to explain matters to the public'. Some of these people need a good kick up the arse and a reminder of who they serve.
    I wouldn't be too hard on the IDA, they deliver serious bang per buck.

On the other hand, Enterprise Ireland should be audited within an inch of it's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Another lifetime academic speaking of the French "doing the right thing and voting for Sarkozy". Seems like they have learned nothing from the previous elections this year.

Yet another uninformed commentator talking on the radio about French politics. It seems pretty unlikely that Sarkozy will will the primary, let alone contest the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

So everything is great and the Gardai are on top of the radical muslim problem. :rolleyes:

This guy is like a Garda version of John Lonergan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wish he'd stop saying 'Sean ' in every sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Stop saying Sean!!!!!!!!

Yes Sean, no Sean, three bags full Sean - arhhhhh! Send him on a communications course, please.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just listening to Sean's interview with Trump again today I felt disgusted. Sean is a moron who tried to put Trump down for the pleasure of his masters and it backfired on him with the election result. He wouldn't have interviewed Hilliary in that fashion. Cringeworthy stuff.

so the pc do gooders of sligo were out last night wanting to let every bleeding heart sob story into the country.. and then 1 of thinks were welcomed with open arms into the uk & states..

Sign-in-London-reading-No-009.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

so the pc do gooders of sligo were out last night wanting to let every bleeding heart sob story into the country.. and then 1 of thinks were welcomed with open arms into the uk & states..

Sign-in-London-reading-No-009.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

I find it a bit disconcerting to be honest about how a complex issue can so often be painted in such black and white terms (no pun intended). I sometimes wonder how we'd feel if all the undocumented Irish in the USA, and a gathering band in Australia by all accounts, were rounded up and deported with immediate effect. And the prejudice against the Irish in the UK is well documented, but how much of that might have been avoided from the 70s onwards if Irish people weren't killing innocent British civilians in their droves? Just a thought anyway.

Sean is a moron who tried to put Trump down for the pleasure of his masters and it backfired on him with the election result.

Could imagine if he had asked Hilary about her pants suits. The feminists would have picketed RTE. To be fair to Sean though, I think he knew that he was on a hiding to nothing after the content of the interview, and I enjoyed him reading out the many texts that were critical of him. He actually genuinely seemed to get a good laugh out of the texts himself.

Just listening to Sean's interview with Trump again today I felt disgusted. Sean is a moron who tried to put Trump down for the pleasure of his masters and it backfired on him with the election result. He wouldn't have interviewed Hilliary in that fashion. Cringeworthy stuff.

But that interview took place well before Trump threw his hat into the electoral ring?? It was in the context of a fat cat USA investor coming to Ireland and buying up a distressed property (Doonbeg) for a song. The funniest thing about that interview though was the piss taking by Callan's Kicks in the context of the election result.

Pascal O'Donoghue on this morning re the increasing likelihood of the rape of the taxpayer and the state finances by the public service unions. Not entirely convinced that the bould Pascal really believes the line he has to put out, but he sure as hell delivers it with some forcefulness and a straight bat.

• Advertisement

Pascal O'Donoghue on this morning re the increasing likelihood of the rape of the taxpayer and the state finances by the public service unions. Not entirely convinced that the bould Pascal really believes the line he has to put out, but he sure as hell delivers it with some forcefulness and a straight bat.

personally i think were heading down a very bad road with public service payrises and the public finances. the govt seem to be on a road of handing out money to every one the state pays wages/social welfare to but not cutting social welfare or funding some serious infrastructure/public service works that would benefit every one in the country

What in God's name is Jonathan Irwin now getting involved in this for? A few weeks ago he involved himself in some stupid argument about Mick Wallace. Has he not enough to be doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What in God's name is Jonathan Irwin now getting involved in this for?

This may explain it....

https://twitter.com/JohnJoedotcom/status/799014661312024577

What in God's name is Jonathan Irwin now getting involved in this for? A few weeks ago he involved himself in some stupid argument about Mick Wallace. Has he not enough to be doing?

Listening to this fruity gob****e giving out about the way that Pat Hickey has been handled in Brazil. The golden circle comes to mind.

Jonathan Irwin? Does he want to damage charities further with this nonsense. Little chance of seeing Pat Hickey back in Brazil if they let him go. On absolutely no account should tax payers money be used for his bail. Let his rich pals take the hit.

Oh good god man, just stop talking before you kill the donations to Jack & Jill completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I now have to question Jonathon Irwin. What is this all about? "It's not illegal in this country". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Listen to this gibberish "He's one of their princes" Well then let his fairy f**king godmother rescue him

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Did he expect Shane Ross to spring him out?

Send a gunboat! Is he living back in the days of the jolly old British empire?

• Advertisement

Jeez Pat, with friends like these....

monkey9 wrote: »
    I now have to question Jonathon Irwin. What is this all about? "It's not illegal in this country". :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The same line as Joe Duffy

"It's nodda croime in Ireland
    It's nodda croime in Ireland"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Arise Prince Hickey :). I assume he will be travelling home via Lourdes,because I forsee a miracle cure to his condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What annoys me about Sean is he doesn't allow someone complete a sentence without interruption with the words "Yeah.....ahmmmmm"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Arise Prince Hickey :). I assume he will be travelling home via Lourdes,because I forsee a miracle cure to his condition.
    And I foresee absolutely no possibility that he will return to Brazil given that the OCI will be paying his bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

serfboard wrote: »
    And I foresee absolutely no possibility that he will return to Brazil given that the OCI will be paying his bail.

And there is no extradition treaty between Ireland and Brazil,so I suspect that some deal was done behind the scenes and they don't expect to see him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

serfboard wrote: »

According to RTE they are not going to pay...
    A spokesperson for the Olympic Council of Ireland has said it will not be paying the €410,000 bond which Pat Hickey is required to pay as a condition of having his passport returned and being allowed to leave Brazil on medical grounds.

The OCI says it is a personal matter for Mr Hickey. The OCI is currently paying Mr Hickey's legal fees.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1117/832428-pat-hickey-oci/

Clancy story about young driver is very sad. However the old cliche applies: 'hard cases make bad law'. It's already in law that learner drivers must be accompanied by someone with a full licence. Adding another layer of liability will add nothing.

Fairly grim opening to the show so far. Shows how much some people take driving a car for granted and don't have the knowledge or cop on of what damage a car can do for life

• Advertisement

Not exactly pleasant listening for 10 in the morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement